• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

Actually quite depressing really, same old players positively influencing the game and we don't seem to have anything beyond them much worth talking about, we really do need to get some players in this window. Townsend sounds like he didn't much when coming on, he needs to show something soon or may as well ship him out. It's just Kane, Chadli and Eriksen over and over again.

I'm not watching the game, but did i miss something and suddenly burnley away is a game we should be hitting 5 in?

It's not the result that bothers me, it's the sound of the performance, like pretty much every game this season. Shockingly average, barely create anything. I think we've played well in 4 matches this season - apr, arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and chelsea... that's terrible going!

commentator called the game turgid. poch is just avb lite. i want him out.

at least the replay will be televised, and spurs at home is a very different proposition to weekday up noorf spurs. another game to work on the philosophy. it's not that bad.

haha, true, but we've been terrible this season. Crazy lucky manager :)

I just feel being so avergae/bad most games we'll come unstuck when we come up against anything good int he cups, and slowly slip away in the league. Then what are we left with? I just want to see PROGRESS... it's so disheartening watching us!

Are you seriously saying you haven't seen any progress this season?

:eek:

The replay will be next week, between the Palace and Sunderland-matches, I assume. Burnley have important league matches they need to get points from in that period. I think both teams will play their second best players, and when we do that, it should't be detrimental to our league form.

And it's another Tottenham-match. Days without a Tottenham-match are pointless anyway.

I just feel being so avergae/bad most games we'll come unstuck when we come up against anything good int he cups, and slowly slip away in the league. Then what are we left with? I just want to see PROGRESS... it's so disheartening watching us!

didnt we just beat chelsea, top of the league, 5-3?

Have people been watching any other FA-cup matches this weekend? **** me PL teams are struggling against Championship, League One and League Two teams and are having to grind out results. We came up against a relegation struggler in the PL away from home and didn't just put them to the sword. Must be ****?

Much prefer a draw to a loss.

I do know what you mean I felt the same under AVB. But I'm getting a better vibe right now like things will be better in a year or so. Til then, results wise at least, it's not bad at all.

Not aimed at you Grimsby but I feel the Bale years has made us all a bit 'spoilt' for want of a better word. I'm not happy with some of our performances but I'm sure Poch isn't either.

I think we'll get past them in a replay then Leicester and find ourselves in Rd5. I don't think it'll affect our PL form either if we strengthen and utilise our squad effectively.

All IMO of course.

And even funnier when drawing conclusions that back up what else they have been saying recently

It is becoming very apparent that the most vocal pessimistic people on this board are the ones who are in the OMT every single game!

Spare a thought for your fellow fans who bothered to make the trip up North to support their club and are now driving home half satisfied that their efforts were not wasted ones!
We cannot be as arrogant as to think that being knocked out of this cup is acceptable!

People keep saying this but it isn't happening! We played two very good teams over Christmas. Lloris put in a performance that had the world drooling when Schmicheal was doing it for manu all those years ago. We then went on to make Chelsea, a team who formally had the best defense in the league, look decidedly avaerage.

Performances haven't been great but they have improved, we ship less goals and have started to score more. This all with players that Pochettino does not want if you believe recent rumours etc. We need to stop making silly mistakes now, I believe it will come. Let's see what we are doing this time next season!

The replay will be next week, between the Palace and Sunderland-matches, I assume. Burnley have important league matches they need to get points from in that period. I think both teams will play their second best players, and when we do that, it should't be detrimental to our league form.

And it's another Tottenham-match. Days without a Tottenham-match are pointless anyway.

I really don't understand the mentality of this. Same when people say "the players in the europa are different so it shouldn't affect our league form" It's not just about the personnel, it's about two more important things, what takes up the mind, and also what you're preparing for in training.

Actually quite depressing really, same old players positively influencing the game and we don't seem to have anything beyond them much worth talking about, we really do need to get some players in this window. Townsend sounds like he didn't much when coming on, he needs to show something soon or may as well ship him out. It's just Kane, Chadli and Eriksen over and over again.

Pretty clear what we were missing compared to our last game against Burnley ;)

I do know what you mean I felt the same under AVB. But I'm getting a better vibe right now like things will be better in a year or so. Til then, results wise at least, it's not bad at all.

Not aimed at you Grimsby but I feel the Bale years has made us all a bit 'spoilt' for want of a better word. I'm not happy with some of our performances but I'm sure Poch isn't either.

I think we'll get past them in a replay then Leicester and find ourselves in Rd5. I don't think it'll affect our PL form either if we strengthen and utilise our squad effectively.

All IMO of course.

I hope so, I'm pretty easily pleased, I never moaned at all under AVB and hated the likes of Hully constantly bleating on about him. But Sherwood was the start of me becoming angry about Spurs, excited over the summer then very slowly I've just become increasingly unimpressed. I like Poch, I just worry he may not be good enough (or right for us) and not quite seeing it yet. But others are so hopefully I'm just blind to it. More nights like Chelsea will help.

Back