• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley *** FA Cup OMT ***

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
VS
150px-Burnley_FC_badge_2010.gif

Monday
7.45 pm
Turf Moor

Vorm
Chiriches Fazio Vertonghen Rose
Stambouli Dembele
Lennon Paulinho Chadli
Soldado​

Burnley have much bigger priorities - they will put out a weak side IMO

--------------Vorm

Yedlin---Dier---Chiriches--Davies

--------Stambouli--Dembele

Townsend---Lamela------Ceballos

--------------Soldado

I'd love to see a second string out personally. Risky, but we've had a lot of games and be good to give them a rest. Worry is destroying momentum but I'd still do it.

Vorm, Yedlin, Dier, Chiriches, Rose, Stambouli, Dembele, Townsend, Paulinho, Lamela, Soldado

Presuming lennon is injured and just that Dembele hasn't played that much. That's still a fantastic team really.

Lamela's injured.

Not sure about Lennon but he's in the recent training pics so he can't be far off, unless he's not playing for another reason. I think the only two who must be rested are Eriksen and Kane.

Would be so sexy to lose.

If we're going to lose one game over the next couple of months, let it be this one.

Burnley have much bigger priorities - they will put out a weak side IMO

--------------Vorm

Yedlin---Dier---Chiriches--Davies

--------Stambouli--Dembele

Townsend---Lamela------Ceballos

--------------Soldado

Yeah. Some changes make sense for this one. Get some players going too perhaps as we might need them later on. Not convinced about wholesale changes though to the extent you're talking about. Next couple of fixtures are not that congested. Some players giving us some continuity would be good. Keep Hugo in, Fazio or Vertonghen, Bentaleb, Chadli or Eriksen or something like that.

Would love to see a youngster either starting or on the bench. Seems like it won't be Ceballos as he himself said he's looking for a move in January, why play him right before selling him? Josh Onomah or Harry Winks please.

Perfect opportunity to give a few players a rest after a job well done over the Christmas period. That said, we still need to put out a team that'll win (it'll be a sorry day indeed when Spurs don't take the FA Cup seriously). But we can definitely afford to rest a few players - and there'll hardly be a better opportunity to get a first look at Yedlin.

...................... Vorm
Yedlin ...... Dier ........ Chiriches ......... Davies
.......... Stambouli .... Dembele
Lennon ........ Paulinho .............. Townsend
................... Soldado

Bench: Lloris, Vertonghen, Walker, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane. (and don't use the bench until very late unless we're chasing the game).

After the euphoria of yesterday we'll get beat when we send out the reserves and this place will meltdown.

Pretty sure Poch will rotate hard for this one, expect to see Kaboul, Capoue, Soldado, Chiriches, Paulinho and Ade should they be fit and still at the club.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lost, we don't need the games if we're going to push for top 4 and EL towards the latter part of the season, time to blood more youngsters.

Yeah if a wide forward gets called up from the youths then it'll be Oduwa rather than Ceballos.

We don't have a lot of games in January, so don't have to go overboard on the rotation

I'd expect Lloris, Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb (maybe not as he's off to ACON soon), Walker, Vert to be rested

Vorm, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Soldado probable certainties.

I don't think Burnley is going to play a full strength side, we need to just be professional and get this one done.

Yeah if a wide forward gets called up from the youths then it'll be Oduwa rather than Ceballos.

Solid shout. Although most of our attacking midfielders are fairly comfortable playing in one of the two wider roles in the 4-2-3-1, so we could also see Onomah get some time on the pitch in the #10 role.

I really think that with Mason almost certain to miss out due to injury Harry Winks just might be in contention for a place in the match day squad.

We don't have a lot of games in January, so don't have to go overboard on the rotation

I'd expect Lloris, Eriksen, Kane, Bentaleb (maybe not as he's off to ACON soon), Walker, Vert to be rested

Vorm, Davies, Stambouli, Dembele, Soldado probable certainties.

I don't think Burnley is going to play a full strength side, we need to just be professional and get this one done.

Three more league games, Sheffield United twice and potentially another FA cup game (do they still do replays?). Anywhere from 7 to 9 in 31 days.

Do we have any space in the squad to register him without losing another non home grown place already taken?

“Under 21 Player” means a Player under the age of 21 as at the 1st January in the
year in which the Season concerned commences (i.e. for Season 2013/14 born on or after
1st January 1992);

Well done to the PL for proof reading their rules :eek:k: For season 2014/15 that would be born on or after 1st January 1993

DeAndre Roselle Yedlin (born July 9, 1993)

Rotation, rotation, rotation.

The two legged semi and all the league games take priority over this for me.

Essential we rest Chuck, Walker, Kane, Eriksen and Chadli plus probably The Faz and Bentaleb.

Rose can play, Andros, Stambouli, Dembele, Dier and Soldado all need minutes so here's their chance.

Won't be too botherd if we go out of the FA Cup. We have other things to worry about that are far more important than going on a run in yet another cup.

Do we have any space in the squad to register him without losing another non home grown place already taken?

No - we're now 3 players over. But I think January is a bit of a free-for-all until the new lists have to be in on 1 Feb.

With Archer now back and Friedel away coaching USA U21s, I expect Brad's will be the spot Yedlin takes.

THERE IS NO ISSUE AS YEDLIN DOES NOT HAVE TO BE REGISTERED IN THE 25 MAN SQUAD

There.

Won't be too botherd if we go out of the FA Cup. We have other things to worry about that are far more important than going on a run in yet another cup.

I will be sad then and there, but yes.

We're already the team in the league with the most games. EL knockout stages, league cup and the league. Enough games and then some...

THERE IS NO ISSUE AS YEDLIN DOES NOT HAVE TO BE REGISTERED IN THE 25 MAN SQUAD

There.

Probably still has to be registered somewhere on some squad list or something ;) Can't just show up and show his ID showing his age and put on a kit... ;)

The window opens officially tomorrow. In the past I remember something about for weekend PL fixtures all players had to be registered by Friday at noon or something like that. Not sure about the FA-cup though. I'm guessing it will be fine if we want to include him.

Back