• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Brentford OMT***

Mark ll is very possibly a better way to write that, cheers!

If no one's got there already we could also just state that we are now men with ven, I always love a superhans reference. Still a very intriguing one as to whether he starts today, I'd probably have him at LB ahead of all our other options, still an odd position for us...
I’m not going to make any promises, but Udogie will probably impress us over the course of the season and it seems like he’s in tune with how Ange wants to play.
When we are in possession, he comes inside while we play out from the back, and then he darts to the left wing to create width or pushes into the box if we already have a wide player. His linkup play seemed to be really good and his defending was proactive.

Again, I’m hesitant to build him up but we gotta show some faith in him and support him. I think we have a real player on our hands and he will only get better as he continues his development.

Find myself not too fussed about the result today but more interested in how we play, if I see us play with the same intensity and attacking focus we have shown in pre-season and that sort of progression I will be happy in the knowledge it’s work in progress with our defence still needing work.

that said 3-2 win I think :)

Did not watch much pre season and have generally been pretty apathetic about the club since March or April. Throw Kane going into the mix and I’m…

Actually pumped for this one. Dunno why but I’m enthusiastic again and looking forward to watching entertaining football. I’m certain this will be a rollercoaster under Ange but I’ve got my ticket for the ride. I’ll go…

Pressure is off.
New manager, no Kane, everyone (media) saying we will finish bottom half.

We finally have a playmaker, and a manager who wants some creativity in the team. Plenty of talented youngsters.

It's a new era. A new start, and the old Tottenham back

So how much of the hour pre match build up will Sky dedicate to talking about Kane leaving Spurs ?

I'm going to switch on at 1.55pm I think

One positive thing is no more bell-end Martin Tyler, only about 10 years too late

I'm flying during the game which may a blessing, if I can avoid the score may put myself through thw ringer if following it through here!

For me Richie has to start, strikers are all about confidence and getting runs of games, which was always difficult with Kane as the incumbent.

Also we saw from the friendlies that we have a style which means moving the forward quickly, which will help our front players to make regular runs and expect the ball rather than foraging on scraps.

The players need to embrace Kane's departure as an opportunity for all of them to prove themselves.

Venom
Emerson
Romero
VdV
Destiny
Bissouma
Skipp
Maddison
Son
Richie
Kulu

We also have some interesting options from the bench so I expect to see Kulu replaced with Soloman or Perisic at some point and a couple of the midfielders rotated for the last 20.

I can see a case for Davies if VdV needs a couple more sessions but would be disappointed if it was at lb given Destiny's decent pre season.

I still care for the club and remain interested in the goings on at the club, will go to games occasionally and watch most on tv, but weirdly I no longer really care whether we win lose or draw.

I don’t know whether this is a sign of ageing or whether its just a natural outcome of supporting a team that will likely never really amount to anything.

I still care for the club and remain interested in the goings on at the club, will go to games occasionally and watch most on tv, but weirdly I no longer really care whether we win lose or draw.

I don’t know whether this is a sign of ageing or whether its just a natural outcome of supporting a team that will likely never really amount to anything.

Or perhaps realising it's only a game and the world goes on whatever Spurs do. I've decided to avoid reading anything about us in media and watch game with mute on even those on Spursplay. The burden of loving this club is heavy enough without worrying about what other mugs think about us.

Was pretty pessimistic about the season and then watched that Shakhtar game and was amazed how committed to attack we were, so I'm excited despite myself. Brentford away is a tough gig, even when we were flying under Conte at the end of the CL qualifying season we only drew. Could see what happened to United last season in early Ten Haag days happening but am very interested to watch something new.

It certainly won’t be dull. Can we score more than the opponent? That is our mantra now. They do say the best form of defence is attack!
I think Ange will prove a lot more pragmatic and forward thinking than the Ardiles 5 at the front Reading how Udogie plays narrow at the back then goes wide up front, switching between Royal and Pedro and their respective strengths there's a lot to watch out for not to mention Bisaouma and Maddison in the middle etc

Hyped for this, not watched much pre season so just looking forward to seeing how we set up and for once seeing some attacking football. Despite Kane going we've got some decent new players and feels like it's a fresh start. Oh and I finally have Sky back after not having it the whole of last season and the wife and kid are away so I can watch it in peace :)

If we can get on the front foot and get an early goal I think it will be comfortable, gonna be bold and go 3-1 but don't see us losing.

I picked Arsenal to win yesterday in the final two of Last Man Standing at my social club, the other bloke has Tottenham to win today. Prize pot is £2150. So I've backed Tottenham to win today at 13/8 returns £2100. Win lose or draw today and still up £1300. If Tottenham do win then LMS goes to Prem weekend 25th Aug and I'm on Chelsea to beat Luton and if they win I will do the same and back his team again. Can't lose. Come on you Spurs.

Here it is - a distinct new chapter.

A game sandwiched between two comma's:
Harry Kane - Tottenham legend and one of our best ever, now plays elsewhere. It was weird to see.
Mauricio Pochetino - one of our best ever managers and a very very highly regarded, now manages elsewhere. It will feel weird to see him in the Chelsea dug out.

In between - we go again!
New management.
New players.
New ethos.

Forget the last few years.
Focus on the next 90 minutes.
COYS!!!!!

Back