• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Barcodes OMT ***

AVB left one year ago yesterday and tomorrow is the anniversary of Sherwood's first game in charge: West Ham

Right about to head up for the game, sat in the west stand so I doubt I will run into any of you plebs. Enjoy tonight and lets hope for a win and another cup semi.

Not going tonight am looking after my girlfriend who has been in hospital for the past two days, will be watching online though

COYS

The best teams never rest players. Look at Chelsea last night. How many times do Barca rest Messi or RM leave out Ronaldo and Bale? Answer. NEVER.

Rotation simply doesn't work, it's a dead theory. Play your best team all the time, every game and rest them in June and July.

Football is all about silverware and 2008 is beginning to be a long time ago. Play the best team we can and let's get Sheffield in the semi.

This is not true.

Chelsea were used as the non-rotation example when we faced them, you're right they didn't rotate then and went on to lose their first game of the season against Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the end of that run. Also have a look at their line-up away to Liverpool last season and tell me how they don't rotate.

Barca rarely, if ever, rest Messi and Ronaldo. Though they're in a very different situation to us where they fairly often finish games in control and can slow down the tempo. Messi and Ronaldo very rarely put in the kinds of shifts Kane and Eriksen did against Swansea and Everton. Messi, Ronaldo and Bale are also extreme physical specimens, part of why they're so good.

Barcelona fairly often send out youngsters in their team against smaller La Liga sides.

Edit: One question: Were you happy with our energy levels against Crystal Palace?

I am not happy with continual rotation, the performance against Palace was poor but has more to do with players coming in and out of the team than energy levels, it's not even Christmas ffs. These boys are fit and want to play every week. I don't care if I am old fashioned or lack understanding about fitness, rotation is a *******s idea and doesn't work.

Competing on four fronts and not rotating certainly doesn't work, as proven by Harry Redknapp two years running.

As it stands, we're not competing on four fronts, only three. Plus, no Europa League tie for a whilr now. The focus has to be in this tie tonight.

We're not going to finish in the top 4, so let's try to win a cup instead.

As it stands, we're not competing on four fronts, only three. Plus, no Europa League tie for a whilr now. The focus has to be in this tie tonight.

We're not going to finish in the top 4, so let's try to win a cup instead.

This. Even we we somehow fluked a CL place we're not ready for it and would likely get knocked out in the group in any case.

We should go for it tonight and try to win a TROPHY! (Same for Europa)

This. Even we we somehow fluked a CL place we're not ready for it and would likely get knocked out in the group in any case.

We should go for it tonight and try to win a TROPHY! (Same for Europa)

That's actually a good point, the only thing I would say is it would increase our chances of keeping Lloris and Eriksen.

That's actually a good point, the only thing I would say is it would increase our chances of keeping Lloris and Eriksen.

Hadn't thought of that, certainly a plus. Whilst not as big for the players, hopefully winning a trophy might encourage them to stay too.

I just don't think it would be as enjoyable as last time. Give it a year or 2 for us to become a team.

Anyways, COYS! Let's start our improvement by beating this lot today!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Big test for us tonight and also the team selection will tell us how much of a priority a cup is in comparison to league position.

I would like to see Vorm in goal.

Naughton. Fazio. Verts. Rose. Strong central partnership should get as much time together as possible. Full backs with Kyle rested and Rose and Davies is still a good debate.

Dembele and Stambouli can hold. The two lads need a rest.

Chadli. Lamela. Townsend.

Soldado.

We should be competitive with that. Just hope that Stambouli can transition the ball forward well and deal with Newcastles pacey side.

I am not happy with continual rotation, the performance against Palace was poor but has more to do with players coming in and out of the team than energy levels, it's not even Christmas ffs. These boys are fit and want to play every week. I don't care if I am old fashioned or lack understanding about fitness, rotation is a *******s idea and doesn't work.

What? We made hardly any changes at all between Everton, Chelsea and Palace. Mason, Eriksen and Kane (at least) looked clearly affected by the fixture list, to me at least.

No one is saying that the players are exhausted because of where we are in the season. But regardless of where you are in a season 3 games in 6 days is a tough ask. And even though we're relatively early in the season we've had about 2 games per week throughout so not like we're box fresh either.

THFC team: Vorm, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen (c), Rose; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Subs: Lloris, Kaboul, Naughton, Dembele, Capoue, Lamela, Soldado

Saudi Sportswashing Machine at @SpursOfficial (4-2-3-1): Alnwick; Dummett, Coloccini (c), Williamson, Haidara; Colback, Sissoko; Perez, Cabella, Gouffran; Riviere

THFC team: Vorm, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen (c), Rose; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane

Saudi Sportswashing Machine at @SpursOfficial (4-2-3-1): Alnwick; Dummett, Coloccini (c), Williamson, Haidara; Colback, Sissoko; Perez, Cabella, Gouffran; Riviere

Cheers for posting. Good team tbf, other than Townsend I'm pretty happy with that.

Just had to check who "Alnwick" was in goal for them. Jack Alnwick, 21, only 2 appearances: in their 4-1 loss last w/e and in the second half against Chelsea the week before.

Hopefully he doesn't have a blinder :)

*******s the players who were rotated in and out from the Europa played well Eriksen, Kane and Davies for instance.
The players who started that played in both were Soldado, Lamela and Walker. Why didnt Soldado and Lamela play well then?

The boys may be fit and want to play every week but are they able to play 2 games a week all the time.
Soldado, Kane, and Mason all look knackered and I'm sure they are looking at numbers in training. Poch has said continualy that players are tired but you know better.
We cover way more distance than the majority of other team in the league.

------------Lloris
-----Kaboul --- Naughton
---Dembele ----- Capoue
---------- Lamela
--------- Soldado

-------- Armstrong
--------- Roberts
---- Anita ----- Vuckic
---- Satka --- Streete
-------- Woodman

I think we'd win that.

Subs: Lloris, Kaboul, Naughton, Dembele, Capoue, Lamela, Soldado

It will be interesting to see where the three behind Kane plays. Townsend right, Eriksen center and Chadli left would be my guess.

Cheers for posting. Good team tbf, other than Townsend I'm pretty happy with that.

Just had to check who "Alnwick" was in goal for them. Jack Alnwick, 21, only 2 appearances: in their 4-1 loss last w/e and in the second half against Chelsea the week before.

Hopefully he doesn't have a blinder :)

He's also the younger brother of Ben Alnwick who used to sit in our reserves.

Back