• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Barcodes OMT ***

---------------------Vorm-----------------------

Naughton------Dier----------Verts--------Rose

-----------Stambouli------Bentaleb-------------

Lennon-------------Paulinho---------------Chadli

---------------------Soldado----------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Chiriches, Dembele, Townsend, Lamela, Ade (if he's back)

Right blend between fresh players and those we need to maintain balance and purpose. I want us to win this cup. Incredibly badly. So let's go for it. At the same time, I'd rather we don't burn out before January and get relegated because we're too knackered to pick up forty points, so there's that to consider.

I guess it depends what you think is more important. I don't think 4th is realistic in the league so I think we have to have a go at the cup rest Kane, Bentaleb and Eriksen at the weekend.

4th is more realistic than coming up against Chelsea in this next round or the final and winning.

We have ****ing no chance in this competition.
Our players are knackered especially Soldado (3 starts in the last 3 games), Mason, Kane.
Walker cant play 3 games in a week neither.
We have so many games coming up we need to rest everyone we can.

Vorm
Naughton Dier Chiriches Rose
Stambouli Onamah
Lennon Chadli Townsend
Paulinho
subs Friedel Kaboul Capoue Dembele Winks and two more kids

Last edited:
^How would you compare our chances in the cup v our chances of top 4? I know which seems more likely to me at this stage, so as long as we're in it we should be trying our best to win it

Should be our best 11 Wednesday and rest some at the weekend for the league. It is our best chance at silverware and this should be our priority IMO so...

------------------Lloris-----------------------

Walker--------Verts----Fazio-----------Davies

Lennon------Bentaleb-----Mason--------Chadli

------------------Eriksen---------------------

-------------------Kane--------------------------

great team there. i think that is our strongest 11 as a team but poch keepps playing lamela

We need to go out for a win on Wednesday; a win and a semi-final will get the crowd up and going for Saturday. Conversely should we go through the motions and get beaten by Saudi Sportswashing Machine the atmosphere will be flat bordering negative on Saturday.

Without knowing the physical condition if our players and remembering that we are playing Burnley at home (ie no travelling) on sat if go with:

Lloris (although wouldn't be upset to see Vorm as he seems to be our cup keeper)

Walker
Fazio
Vertonghen
Davies

stambouli
Bentaleb

Townsend
Chadli
eriksen

soldado

Subs: Vorm, dier, Davies, Dembele, Lennon, Lamela, Kane

Basically who gives a toss about this Mickey mouse competition. Can anyone even remember who won it last year?

I want our best players saved for Saturday (especially as I will be at WHL for this one!!)

So, this is the competition to use our squad.

Vorm
Naughton Dier "Captain" Kaboul Rose
Lennon Dembele Stambouli Townsend/Chadli
Lamela
Soldado

So team for Sat is:

Lloris
Walker Fazio Verts Davies
Lennon Bentelab Eriksen Stambouli/Dembele
Kane
Solly

Several things should be clear by now:

1. Lamela is Shiite on the right so let's see him play in the hole
2. Let's see if Lennon can stay wide right and work in tandem with Walker
3. Lamela and Eriksen just don't work together in the same team ( much like Dempsey and Siggi )

I would like to see Eriksen more central (and perhaps deeper) to be our lynchpin. With Soldado, Kane, Lennon running off him for him to supply the bullets. Please GD we upgrade the strikers in the window. Imagine a Benteke/Bony and Koplyanko in that team. We may then start to motor.

Last edited:
Basically who gives a toss about this Mickey mouse competition. Can anyone even remember who won it last year?

This is the Mickey Mouse competition that has provided our only trophies in 23 years. If we win it we will certainly remember who won it this time next year and for plenty more beyond that.

I'd far rather finish 14th and win the League Cup than battle to qualify for a tournament we've got no chance of winning.

Success breeds success. Win on Wednesday and 'Spurs are on their way to wembley' will be ringing around the lane on Saturday which is one more song than will be heard at all if we get beaten.

^How would you compare our chances in the cup v our chances of top 4? I know which seems more likely to me at this stage, so as long as we're in it we should be trying our best to win it

Interesting question. As always I think the bookmakers at least manage to ballpark probability figures like these. Lowest odds I could find on oddschecker for the two were:

To win the league cup: 7.5 (13/2)
Top 4 finish: 7 (6/1)

So very close. For the bookmakers at least.

For me, at this stage of the season we have to balance our interests. Rotate a bit, be smart about it. It's most likely what we'll have to do come the new year if we keep progressing in the Europa League. It's what we should do now with two fairly closely balanced priorities.

--------------Vorm--------------
Naughton--Kaboul----Dier-----Rose
-------Stambouli--Dembele-------
Townsend----Lennon-------Chadli
------------Soldado--------------

Can anyone remember who won it last year?

I can certainly remember being at Wembley and feeling just about as good as i ever have at a Spurs game when we won it last time out and i also remember watching in a pub near Wembley as a 14 year old or so as Alan Neilsen dove in to clinch the game against Leicester!

Honestly some fans ...

Some people calling this the 'Mickey Mouse cup"?
The same who say we're "shockingly bad" and "have gone back 10 years" lol! Talk about contradicting yourself!

If we were Chelski and laden with recent trophies I'd understand us calling the League Cup 'Mickey Mouse'....bit alas we ARE NOT!

We NEED to win this game at all costs. Gives us a good bounce for Saturday's pre-Xmas game and also potentially gives us a great new year to look forward to.

I can certainly remember being at Wembley and feeling just about as good as i ever have at a Spurs game when we won it last time out and i also remember watching in a pub near Wembley as a 14 year old or so as Alan Neilsen dove in to clinch the game against Leicester!

Honestly some fans ...

Indeed...and they'd be the ones who moan about "why can't we win a trophy" or "we are crap, we've gone back x years" blah blah

Jokers

Honestly some fans ...

I certainly want to win it. I'd absolutely love to win the FA Cup, but I'd take the League Cup, even if it's against a Championship team in the final.

I'd like to think we could beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine with a slightly better team than we put out for Europa games, but not quite a full strength team.

I certainly want to win it. I'd absolutely love to win the FA Cup, but I'd take the League Cup, even if it's against a Championship team in the final.

I'd like to think we could beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine with a slightly better team than we put out for Europa games, but not quite a full strength team.

Well we lost in the league so i wouldn't want to risk taking them lightly!

My team:

Vorm

Walker -- Fazio -- Verts -- Davies

Stambouli -- Bentaleb

Lennon -- Kane -- Eriksen

Soldado

Hopefully we can start fast like we did last time we played them, but this time score more than one goal (wont be easy, but we MUST be clinical). If we go in at half-time a goal up close the game down in the first ten so we can build and hopefully score again. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are at their best if they score first and can stay back solid. If we had scored more than one goal in our first half against them in the league when we were VERY dominant I'm convinced that we would have won that game; even with the ridiculous lapse we suffered at the very beginning of the second half.

Let's just win this game by hook or by crook and then worry about fitness etc when Friday comes before Burnley.

COYS

I wouldn't mind some of the stronger teams suggested here. But if history repeats itself and we look tired and struggle against Burnley on Saturday people shouldn't be upset if they've been calling for an unchanged team throughout.

This is the Mickey Mouse competition that has provided our only trophies in 23 years. If we win it we will certainly remember who won it this time next year and for plenty more beyond that.

I'd far rather finish 14th and win the League Cup than battle to qualify for a tournament we've got no chance of winning.

Success breeds success. Win on Wednesday and 'Spurs are on their way to wembley' will be ringing around the lane on Saturday which is one more song than will be heard at all if we get beaten.

Agreed. Strong team please. Besides training Friday would be fairly light before Saturday anyway.

I haven't followed them in the league cup but Pardew strikes me as someone who rests players for these games.

He definitely rested players for the City game in the last round. But then they were still struggling and moving out of relegation contention was crucial for him to keep his job I think.

Now they're essentially where they want to be in the league, could see him have a go at a trophy.

Back