• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Arsenal OMT***

Those stats include Jol, Redknapp and Poch. Our 3 most 'successful' modern managers, in the same style. All 3 had teams better than the gooners (at least for periods) but only Redknapp won there in the league.
Mentality….
If players turn up beaten it tends to happen that way
One thing that did happen, a lot was one team played better than the other in each half
But you have to win the right half

Not sure about Jol having a better team at all?

Maybe not better players but particularly 2004/05 - 05/06 it looked like we were going to overtake them. Of course it only took a dodgy lasagna to ensure we didn’t. The point is even when we looked close to them, we still never won at Highbury / the Emirates.

Maybe not better players but particularly 2004/05 - 05/06 it looked like we were going to overtake them. Of course it only took a dodgy lasagna to ensure we didn’t. The point is even when we looked close to them, we still never won at Highbury / the Emirates.
It's certainly an intimidating stadium, and Sunday will be no different. This time though it feels like we have a chance, thanks to this OMT.

It's more than likely we won't win but for me the main difference is for the 1st time in a few years we're actually going to try and win rather than not lose

I think we are going to win this ... I have a feeling ... ill stick my hand up and say Richy at the double

There’s worrying amount of pro-Ange articles this week.

Far too many videos, clips and interviews acclaiming his methods, personality, achievements.

For the pessimist in me this augurs ill lest it invites hubris.

I get Ange's points on letting fans get carried away, we've got to enjoy things while they're good.

Riding a wave of good vibes / positive PR is understandable but Levy stating "we've got our Tottenham back" was rather gross, it's pandering to fans at its worst but I will admit I've not seen the full fan forum / interviews where he may also have been humble in admitting the various bad decisions that led to rough waters.

Pro Ange stuff I can deal with as I'm sure it won't go to his head but we've not reinvented football, for how great our start is (which it is) , it's just matched Arsenal on points who many on here would point blank refuse to give credit to.

Realistically I'm always anxious about this away fixture, I'd absolutely take a point even though we'd all love a win. It'll no doubt be an awesome game for the neutrals to see whether we can impose our style of play on the game. I had mentally prepared myself for a few rough results for the start of the season, let's hope the preparation was unnecessary but L'arse and Liverpool are huge tests, it's just keeping the faith if the brick does indeed hit the fan.

I get Ange's points on letting fans get carried away, we've got to enjoy things while they're good.

Riding a wave of good vibes / positive PR is understandable but Levy stating "we've got our Tottenham back" was rather gross, it's pandering to fans at its worst but I will admit I've not seen the full fan forum / interviews where he may also have been humble in admitting the various bad decisions that led to rough waters.

Pro Ange stuff I can deal with as I'm sure it won't go to his head but we've not reinvented football, for how great our start is (which it is) , it's just matched Arsenal on points who many on here would point blank refuse to give credit to.

Realistically I'm always anxious about this away fixture, I'd absolutely take a point even though we'd all love a win. It'll no doubt be an awesome game for the neutrals to see whether we can impose our style of play on the game. I had mentally prepared myself for a few rough results for the start of the season, let's hope the preparation was unnecessary but L'arse and Liverpool are huge tests, it's just keeping the faith if the brick does indeed hit the fan.

Totally, and it’s not on Ange at all - the media are loving the interesting new guy. I bet the Arsenal fans can’t to shove it back down our throats…

Not that it matters either way tbh. He’s done a great job so far and the result this weekend won’t define him or our season.

It’s nice to feel some optimism again. And just love it if we can do a number on them… Then the coverage really will be off the scale!

Totally, and it’s not on Ange at all - the media are loving the interesting new guy. I bet the Arsenal fans can’t to shove it back down our throats…

Not that it matters either way tbh. He’s done a great job so far and the result this weekend won’t define him or our season.

It’s nice to feel some optimism again. And just love it if we can do a number on them… Then the coverage really will be off the scale!

If we manage to beat them, Ange will have attained deity status.

I love how Arsenal have 1 good season in how many? And they are automatically league contenders without kicking a ball. Same with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, get top 4 once since 1862 and now they are automatically a top 4 side who will contend for top 4 every year. Really does baffle me.
Absolutely. They completely caved at the first sign of anything resembling pressure.

It's a shame we're not playing them at the end of the season as we'd walk it.

Back