• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

I think conte got it so wrong on the last two weeks and didn’t adapt or flex
Them he unloads on the players
It’s a joint issue

There were some pretty glaring individual errors to be fair. But you win and lose as a team and Conte picks the side.

We need to be patient. The side was fragile anyway. But with some injuries, 2 new players, Romero effectively new, Sessengon and Doherty starting for the first time in a long time, there is a lot of flux and it’s no wonder the team needs to settle again. What’s disappointing we’re the errors from Davies and Lloris as they are settled.

There were some pretty glaring individual errors to be fair. But you win and lose as a team and Conte picks the side.

We need to be patient. The side was fragile anyway. But with some injuries, 2 new players, Romero effectively new, Sessengon and Doherty starting for the first time in a long time, there is a lot of flux and it’s no wonder the team needs to settle again. What’s disappointing we’re the errors from Davies and Lloris as they are settled.
Way too balanced, considered and accurate post. You must be new here...

Thats not what I saw. Most of his work was done centrally and like @Bedfordspurs says not dissimilar to the Eriksen role. But he really is very one footed.

Well each to their own. To me it’s not uncommon for wing backs to arrive into the box. A great deal of that vid Kulu is coming in off the right flank. No big deal. Personally I don’t think he’s good enough yet to play up top, and playing as a wing back initially for a year or two could help him find his mojo. He missed an absolute sitter yesterday eight in the centre of goal. He needs some time and patience and you’re going to get more of that at wing back than upfront. Just my opinion. Clearly no one agrees!

Agreed it’s not just the players

Well Conte mentioned him playing there when he signed for starters. Then it is no big stretch to move him back about 10 meters from playing right-wing to play wing back. He's played most of his games in his short career on the right-wing. So, Dude, it's a little "strange" that you can't make the small jump of vision required to see the possibility as Conte and Paratici clearly have.
He said it in passing but still find it hard to believe. There's a world of difference in the responsibilities between playing as a RWF and a RWB. I'll wait until I see him actually deployed there before ill believe it. Seems a massive stretch. As I asked you what wrong footed WB can you think of? Are there you are aware of? I really can't think of anything who perform to a good level...

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He said it in passing but still find it hard to believe. There's a world of difference in the responsibilities between playing as a RWF and a RWB. I'll wait until I see him actually deployed there before ill believe it. Seems a massive stretch. As I asked you what wrong footed WB can you think of? Are there you are aware of? I really can't think of anything who perform to a good level...

Doherty on the left side? Always goes down a treat on here.. :eek:

Heard the “Conte said it” thing a couple of times. Conte also said Bergwijn can play as a back up number 9, it doesn’t mean we actually want to see it happen.

I agree it’s a new position that he would need to learn. You have to be able to defend and attack. My logic is relatively simple though, with 3 at the back you need attacking wingbacks. Kulu adds technique and attacking ability. It doesn’t matter if he’s drifting in off the wing provided the team are set up for it and creating an option to pass to out wide. As I’ve said, if he can defend well and be disciplined, it would be an upgrade on our current right wing backs who offer little attacking skill or craft. Kulu has skill and craft plus needs to settle and have a run of games without too much pressure as he had at Juve playing up top.

I agree it’s a new position that he would need to learn. You have to be able to defend and attack. My logic is relatively simple though, with 3 at the back you need attacking wingbacks. Kulu adds technique and attacking ability. It doesn’t matter if he’s drifting in off the wing provided the team are set up for it and creating an option to pass to out wide. As I’ve said, if he can defend well and be disciplined, it would be an upgrade on our current right wing backs who offer little attacking skill or craft. Kulu has skill and craft plus needs to settle and have a run of games without too much pressure as he had at Juve playing up top.
He doesn't have the pace to play WB from what I've seen and would rather have a right footed player playing RWB so that he can cross without having to turn onto his left foot.
I've also seen nothing to suggest he's up to it defensively either.

Look at the state of this.

spurs-v-wolves.jpg

CnpKyqP

Kane & Moura should not be tracking back into the box, they are on the edge of the box for a quick transition so they're excused for me.

Looks like a catalogue of errors probably related to the new central midfield partnership.

Winks should've pressed Neves to stop the initial shot. Instead he took Bentancur's man (nearest to Winks in picture) and gestured to Davies to come out and block the shot. Davies obliges which then leaves Dendoncker free in the box so they now have 5 v 3.
Bentancur then reacts too late as if he had reacted a second earlier he would've blocked Jiminez's shot. Still very poor all round.

Something similar happened against Southampton - Bentancur doubled up on Walker-Peters instead of tracking Ward Prowse which then left him enough room to swing a cross in for a goal.

Small errors of judgement have had a big effect in the last couple of games. The concerning thing is the number of mistakes being made. If this was all it was then you can put it down to bad luck, but we made countless mistakes in both games.

<UPDATE>
I've watched the build-up to the goal again. Not sure this is on Winks in particular. Davies was drawn out by a Wolves forward and Winks was concerned by that guy running across him so he stayed where he was rather than pressing Neves.

Dendoncker runs straight off Bentancur - directly 2 yards in front of him - he could easily track him and stop him getting the 2nd shot away that Hugo flaps at. He then compounds it by staying stationary while Jiminez can chest control & volley.

Last edited:
Kane & Moura should not be tracking back into the box, they are on the edge of the box for a quick transition so they're excused for me.

Looks like a catalogue of errors probably related to the new central midfield partnership.

Winks should've pressed Neves to stop the initial shot. Instead he took Bentancur's man (nearest to Winks in picture) and gestured to Davies to come out and block the shot. Davies obliges which then leaves Dendoncker free in the box so they now have 5 v 3.
Bentancur then reacts too late as if he had reacted a second earlier he would've blocked Jiminez's shot. Still very poor all round.

Something similar happened against Southampton - Bentancur doubled up on Walker-Peters instead of tracking Ward Prowse which then left him enough room to swing a cross in for a goal.

Small errors of judgement have had a big effect in the last couple of games. The concerning thing is the number of mistakes being made. If this was all it was then you can put it down to bad luck, but we made countless mistakes in both games.

<UPDATE>
I've watched the build-up to the goal again. Not sure this is on Winks in particular. Davies was drawn out by a Wolves forward and Winks was concerned by that guy running across him so he stayed where he was rather than pressing Neves.

Dendoncker runs straight off Bentancur - directly 2 yards in front of him - he could easily track him and stop him getting the 2nd shot away that Hugo flaps at. He then compounds it by staying stationary while Jiminez can chest control & volley.
Ha ha I just made essentially the same observations in a different thread.

He doesn't have the pace to play WB from what I've seen and would rather have a right footed player playing RWB so that he can cross without having to turn onto his left foot.
I've also seen nothing to suggest he's up to it defensively either.

Does someone like Trippier have the pace required? It is not really about pace is it? Skill and ability are paramount. The amount of people who turned their noses up at Traore for having pace and little end product, and others who wanted Tripper back another 'slow' fullback. Probably the same people are saying Kulu can't play wingback.

If you have someone like Moura ahead providing runs down the channel. You can set the team up all manner of ways. There are oodles of inverted wingers out there. Each player creates different dynamics. The idea that there is some set formula you have to conform to is flawed.

Last edited:
Does someone like Trippier have the pace required? It is not really about pace is it? Skill and ability are paramount. The amount of people who turned their noses up at Traore for having pace and little end product, and others who wanted Tripper back another 'slow' fullback. Probably the same people are saying Kulu can't play wingback.

If you have someone like Moura ahead providing runs down the channel. You can set the team up all manner of ways. There are oodles of inverted wingers out there. Each player creates different dynamics. The idea that there is some set formula you have to conform to is flawed.
I think all those things are correct though. Traore does lack the end product required, Trippier is both too slow and importantly brick as a defender for WB and Kulu is wrong footed on the wrong side. [emoji28]

Of the three Trippier would suit best due to his Evey good good delivery and end product but he'd suffer defensively.

Ps. Inverted wingers/WFs yes, inverted WBs I can't think of any. He'd be defending with the wrong and attacking with the wrong foot....

Back