• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers****OMT

Same here. Guy behind us spouts a constant barrage of abuse to the point where my two mates who share two tickets and bring their kids have had to move because the kids were getting upset. To be fair he's been quiet of late (my mate says because Lamella's gone) but he was getting his voice back yesterday.
There is a guy in row 6 who is really lairy, never has a positive thing to say about the players, giving it the "Daniel Levy you're a so and so" yesterday,

I agree. That is partly why I want Kulu at wingback. It's a position we need more from. Someone who can attack. Royal suits CB, but will frustrate at wingback. Doherty is decent wingack cover/rotation.
Dude I'm so confused as why you think Kulu works as a WB. He has no real pace, he's very one footed and on the wrong side and he's not a defender. Seems so strange that you think he suits the role. What do you see in his play that suits RWB?

What wrong footed WB have got seen play successfully that makes you even it's a possibility?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Well he missed a bit of a sitter in the center of the box today.

And personally, I'd like to see more technical quality down the wing. It is where we are often lacking. Who would you play there?

Maybe an actual WB...[emoji6]

Last edited:
Dude I'm so confused as why you think Kulu works as a WB. He has no real pace, he's very one footed and on the wrong side and he's not a defender. Seems so strange that you think he suits the role. What do you see in his play that suits RWB?

What wrong footed WB have got seen play successfully that makes you even it's a possibility?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Well Conte mentioned him playing there when he signed for starters. Then it is no big stretch to move him back about 10 meters from playing right-wing to play wing back. He's played most of his games in his short career on the right-wing. So, Dude, it's a little "strange" that you can't make the small jump of vision required to see the possibility as Conte and Paratici clearly have.

Just seen it was posted above. I'm gonna leave it here just because. I was at the other end of the ground so didn't see it was that bad, and obviously haven't watched any highlights.

FLjQroxWQAEKci2

Just seen it was posted above. I'm gonna leave it here just because. I was at the other end of the ground so didn't see it was that bad, and obviously haven't watched any highlights.

FLjQroxWQAEKci2
I get conte talking about winning mentality, and if this isn’t a brilliant piece of photoshop it is a damning indictment of this team. I hope conte is doing the necessary to get this highly paid group to do their actual jobs.

Same here. Guy behind us spouts a constant barrage of abuse to the point where my two mates who share two tickets and bring their kids have had to move because the kids were getting upset. To be fair he's been quiet of late (my mate says because Lamella's gone) but he was getting his voice back yesterday.
There is a guy in row 6 who is really lairy, never has a positive thing to say about the players, giving it the "Daniel Levy you're a so and so" yesterday,

Was going to ask which block but then realised you said Row 6 which is mine. That said matey behind me was going off on one about Levy yesterday, although to be fair there were a fair few joining him.

It wasn't me! Still pro Levy I'm afraid. Despite some serious misgivings, I look around at what we've got (and been in recent times) compared to the previous couple of decades and think he does most things with the best intentions and always gets the best available. OK budgetary constraints and potential success skew the playing staff recruitment side of things but look at the managers we've had recently (OK Nuno :rolleyes:). His attention to detail is to be admired (got in early one game and there was some guy checking the bake quality and temperature of the Spurs Pies. Those that weren't up to scratch were binned ffs. I'm sure the bin had Tanguy written on it ;)).

Sorry, off topic there.

This is all about coaching
It is. And it’s also about players who aren’t putting their lives on the line to win. And regardless of instructions/coaching we have too many players who clearly aren’t putting the effort in. Maybe they listen to conte saying his squad is t good enough and so they’re sad (poor little things) and not giving their all. Thus proving conte right. What is clear is that levy has a choice to back conte in his vision of what is needed, or revert to historical type and keep his wallet shut and think he knows better.

Start with the spine. Goalkeeper, Central defense, Central mid. Need strong characters in there.

Add a proper centre forward to that. Then Kane can play in his obviously favoured no 10 position.

Our spine has been so weak for a number of years. We need some beasts there if we are to prosper going forward.

FLjQroxWQAEKci2
Who is responsible for this abortion of a defensive set up. Same person who organises us from corners and allows Kane to take free kicks?

I've said it many times this season. When the ball goes to the by-line all our defenders seem to be strung out across the six yard box . This leaves us particularly vulnerable to cut back crosses. Eg Broja's goal for Soton and the second goal yesterday. It really is crap positioning by our defense. Plus our midfielders let the attackers just run past them to attack the ball. Madness all round.

Who is responsible for this abortion of a defensive set up. Same person who organises us from corners and allows Kane to take free kicks?

that’s not intentional*, that’s players being lazy clams and dropping assignments

*probably/hopefully/please

This is all about coaching

I have been really disappointed with Conte in the last two games. He was too slow to change anything against Soton and against Wolves he took off Sess after half an hour and replaced him with Kulu playing centrally - thus depriving us of any real attacking threat down the left. We are so easy to defend against going straight down the middle and we once again lacked width in attack. We have again bought players in positions we didnt need to re-enforse.

The statistic shown on MoTD was interesting. I think it was something like - With Dier, Skipp and PEH all playing we don't lose and haven't conceded a goal in the last 7 or so games they all played in. Without them, in almost the same number of games we have conceded 12 or so. Therein lies a tale. We should have bought a right wing back and a centre forward in January - or at least loaned them. Poor recruitment yet again. The summer window is now critical.

I have been really disappointed with Conte in the last two games. He was too slow to change anything against Soton and against Wolves he took off Sess after half an hour and replaced him with Kulu playing centrally - thus depriving us of any real attacking threat down the left. We are so easy to defend against going straight down the middle and we once again lacked width in attack. We have again bought players in positions we didnt need to re-enforse.

The statistic shown on MoTD was interesting. I think it was something like - With Dier, Skipp and PEH all playing we don't lose and haven't conceded a goal in the last 7 or so games they all played in. Without them, in almost the same number of games we have conceded 12 or so. Therein lies a tale. We should have bought a right wing back and a centre forward in January - or at least loaned them. Poor recruitment yet again. The summer window is now critical.
I think conte got it so wrong on the last two weeks and didn’t adapt or flex
Them he unloads on the players
It’s a joint issue

Back