• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Rennes *** *POSTPONED*

I also feel rather irritant regarding ooooohhh Rennes,

I can confirm i also want us to smash the living daylights out of them and then shower their region of Brittany in our rooster man juice.

Rennes are coming across as being very "dingdongish" at the moment, so they should be careful because Karma can be a bitch. A COVID outbreak could hit any club at any time.

Well, yeah, my sparkly unicorn, they can.

Lahn Football is hardly a credible source. They're mostly an on-line aggregator of information - just recyclers - briskly efficient, I'll grant you - of info published elsewhere. What club in their right mind actually shares insight with the staff of this sort of digital fishwrap? It's lightyears away from the credibility of the Times, the Guardian or the Arseletic.

But on that note, the Arseletic's Chucky Eccleshair is an absolute gooner taco of the highest order. Might be a good chap down the pub and all, but a lifelong gooner taco. Grew sick of his serial bullschit on Spurs over many years at the Telegraph. When I raised objections to his presence on the Spurs beat, the Arseletic oozed assurances he was OK there because his editor (Alex Jelski-Kay or summit suchlike) was a Spurs fan. They've clearly fallen asleep at the wheel. Oh, there might be more factual substance but the mere presence of him on their Spurs beat is why I don't subscribe anymore.

In neither instance would I rest any confidence on what they have to say about Spurs.

I listen to View from the Lane and regularly read Charlie Eccleshare in the Athletic - I must confess to never having heard of him prior to that. If it weren't for this board I would have no idea whatsoever that he is an Arsenal fan. its clear, like Jack Pitt-brooke that he's not a spurs fan (as James Maw and Danny Kelly are) but I've always found his input - verbally and 'in print' to be informative and measured. I can usually spot a rival fan's mocking of us from a mile off but never picked this up with Eccleshare - suspect you may be suffering from confirmation bias knowing of his allegiance and prior work.

Inclined to agree. I am deeply shocked to hear that CE is an Arse fan as he always comes across as intelligent and knowledgeable. I can only assume there has been some kind of childhood trauma or rogue gene. Nevertheless I shall continue listening to VFTL though as, unlike some of its rivals, it doesn't go on way past my attention span or sound like the guests are talking from the other end of the channel tunnel in an electric storm.

Probably tells us it's either an issue of health and safety or the club isn't interested in just getting knocked out.

On a different note. Didn't have strong feelings about this at all, but right now I just want us to beat the ever living crap out of Rennes. I get that they're looking out for their best interests, would more or less expect us to do the same, but come on. Complaining about a postponement in these circumstances just makes me want us to crush their little petty selfish souls.

/rant

Personally I dont blame Rennes for their statement. The game was cancelled after they landed in the UK, when it could have been cancelled beforehand. They also have their winter break coming up and won't want that interrupted.

This situation is a grey area rather than one with hard and fast covid-rules (I know that fixtures are meant to be done by the 31st, but I cant see many people would think that should apply here, given the game was postponed on health grounds)....so if they dont complain then they'll get a result (in terms of fixutre date) which they don't want.

My money is on the game taking place the midweek before xmas (probably Wed 22nd) with their league game that day and our cup game v West Ham being moved

I listen to View from the Lane and regularly read Charlie Eccleshare in the Athletic - I must confess to never having heard of him prior to that. If it weren't for this board I would have no idea whatsoever that he is an Arsenal fan. its clear, like Jack Pitt-brooke that he's not a spurs fan (as James Maw and Danny Kelly are) but I've always found his input - verbally and 'in print' to be informative and measured. I can usually spot a rival fan's mocking of us from a mile off but never picked this up with Eccleshare - suspect you may be suffering from confirmation bias knowing of his allegiance and prior work.

Not that Spurs are above being worthy of criticism from their own supporters, but I found CE very crafty in how he puts up an article spotlighting a perceived issue, selectively supports it with images or stats and lets it act as an invitation for Spurs fans to pi55 on their own club. And they walk right in. I didn't see a similar approach the other way about good things Spurs fans might have overlooked. And I didn't see similar, persistent sly digs being performed by writers covering other clubs.

There was little one could call heavyhanded or obvious, just a steady nibble at Spurs. I'm not looking for pom-poms and cheerleaders covering the club, either. Jack Pitt-Brooke is a Manc City fan but more balanced in his approach. And there are plenty of other writers there who have delivered fair comment on the club without the whiff of vinegar CE brings. He performed similar mischief and worse at the Telegraph and took cheap shots at the club editing an Arsenal fan publication. Old loves die hard. I don't subscribe to the Athletic anymore. They've had some serious financial issues and have dropped some great writers and talented editors I know from my work in sports journalism and their paid-for coverage no longer routinely exceeds what I get elsewhere from free sources. They use images I provide but the layout is so hum-drum it's hardly worth putting in a portfolio.

If they win 6-0 we would have to win 4-0 right?

I believe someone worked out GD takes precedent over head to head or something.

No idea of the rules, but BBC say:

Posted at 20:43

Vitesse lead Mura 3-0 in the first half.

That would mean Spurs would need to beat Rennes by two goals to go through in the Europa Conference League.

Back