• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*****Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester ***OMT

It's difficult to know why. Not about tactics or systems or selections. It's about the collective. The collective performance was so poor.
"Second half we competed, we fight,

Im still not seeing anything that points to bad attitude from Eriksen and Dele.
But we’ll have to disagree.
I’m off to bed before I turn into a carriage.

"They were more aggressive than us. We need to learn and fight from the first minute," the Spurs manager said after the match. "If you don't fight in the Premier League the quality gap is even.

"You cannot afford no fight. You cannot win games. If you don't compete in the Premier League you are going to struggle.

"It's difficult to analyse the game. We start so sloppy. The performance in first half disappointed us a lot. First you must compete and fight and be focused and then quality will appear."

G'night, mate. I wish I could sleep it off too, but it's 6:50 pm here in Ontario and I'm going to have to sit, hacked off, for another four-odd hours before I can justify it to myself.

I have my pet peeves with xG - primarily centred on the way every man and his dog assigns a different weighting to the various components of any given chance, to the point where it becomes essentially meaningless and is just one man or woman's opinion on a game, *but with stats*. Everyone can assign a different value to a particular part of a chance and come up with a different xG plot. That's my peeve - it's worthless given that fact. Michael Caley has his own equation, Sky have their own equation, and a million other twitter statisticians have their own.
Sure I know what you mean... ultimately we lost so who cares right. We can also see with our own eyes that our problem is of our own making in that we had the chances to finish them off and didn't take them.

It's difficult to know why. Not about tactics or systems or selections. It's about the collective. The collective performance was so poor.
"Second half we competed, we fight,

Im still not seeing anything that points to bad attitude from Eriksen and Dele.
But we’ll have to disagree.
I’m off to bed before I turn into a carriage.

Also, as a peace offering, here, a bit of tinkering with the ad I got at the top of this page :p -

Christ.png

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant or conspiracy theoris, but what was odd was that after a year out lamela sets harry up to score 1 min after coming on to set up a grand stand finish and harry runs away on his own. No team celebrating or congrats to lamela.
Of course I only so the highlights so could be totally wrong, but that didn' look lime out teams usual cohesion.

I'm not a doom and gloom merchant or conspiracy theoris, but what was odd was that after a year out lamela sets harry up to score 1 min after coming on to set up a grand stand finish and harry runs away on his own. No team celebrating or congrats to lamela.
Of course I only so the highlights so could be totally wrong, but that didn' look lime out teams usual cohesion.

Wasn't it just Harry running to get the ball so we could get back underway? I remembered it being exactly what I wanted to see from him, to be honest.

They look happy enough to me.

DPwYTsxXkAEnpIy

I stand corrected, and happily so. As I said I only saw the sky highlights and they made it look like harry took of on his own up the pitch.

One of the opening lines from the commentator I was listening to: "Leicester have never beaten Tottenham here in a league match in four previous attempts..."

I knew we were fudged from there.

Seriously though, I don't think we played that badly, we're just not getting the rub at the moment. This is a painful reminder of what a difficult run in the league feels like, it's been a while.

We have our excellent CL results so far to cling onto and we can only get better.. It's another test of our young squad's mettle. It's also a real test for Poch. It's about finding the right balance.

Given previous tests we've faced, I have no reason to believe we won't come out of it stronger.

COYS!

Very concerned about the way we resort to lumping in crosses when we run out of ideas. Especially against teams like West Brom and Leicester.

Even West Brom and Leicester don't lump in crosses against teams like West Brom and Leicester.

Last couple of games, prior to the games, i just keep seeing on my twitter and instagram feeds vids of past games thumping the baggies and the foxes, and I thought "oh good GHod nooo..."
we believe our own hype ! Poche knows it's do or die out on the pitch, we only get results because we don't stop, are well organised, put on pressure and punish teams, despite not being as profligate as we could be. And defending a hell of a lot better.

As typed above, wanna see us go on a looong winning streak, we got to get the winning feeling, and momentum back. No time for slacking, feeling sorry for ourselves, up the road we go to Watford - we have got to get it together, nowhere to hide.

Wasn't it just Harry running to get the ball so we could get back underway? I remembered it being exactly what I wanted to see from him, to be honest.

This.

Also, showed the difference in him and Vardy.

Vardy scores and goes over to goad the Away fans in the corner. Kane just gets on with it

Last night. Had a bad feeling from the moment the commentator said we had never lost to Leicester at their new ground. Thanks for that stat lads.

Also, re the penalty claim.

Was never going to happen, when was the last time a team from North London got awarded a debatable penalty away from home in stoppage time?....oh hang on!

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/tott...in-loss-to-leicester-city-mauricio-pochettino

Mauricio Pochettino accused his Tottenham players of lacking fight in Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Leicester in the Premier League.

Leicester duo Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez scored brilliant first-half goals before Harry Kane halved the deficit late on to leave Spurs with four points from their last five league games.

"They were more aggressive than us. We need to learn and fight from the first minute," the Spurs manager said after the match. "If you don't fight in the Premier League the quality gap is even.

"You cannot afford no fight. You cannot win games. If you don't compete in the Premier League you are going to struggle.

"It's difficult to analyse the game. We start so sloppy. The performance in first half disappointed us a lot. First you must compete and fight and be focused and then quality will appear.

"Leicester showed more than us today. Ready to fight in the first half. Even if the game was open and we had chances to score and stay in the game we were poor and this is disappointing and frustrating. It's difficult to know why. Not about tactics or systems or selections. It's about the collective. The collective performance was so poor.

"Second half we competed, we fight, and in the end the game finished 2-2 or 2-3 we deserved it. We weren't clinical in front of the goal. We had easy chances to score."

Well, Poch doesn't agree with the Occam's Razor 'just happens' interpretation, either. And I think he suspects their attitude as well.

No disagreement that we weren't good enough from me. But again, these games happen to most teams most seasons. We didn't come into this game with the right intensity and attitude, but from that to speculating about underlying reasons for individual players to fit into some narrative is a huge leap.

He was better at this point last season, despite playing the same amount of games, more or less. His output was similarly bad then, but I felt he *tried*, and I defended him for that - for whatever reason, I don't feel he is trying much anymore.

Either way, drop him. If he's knackered as you say, let him ride the bench for a good long while to rebuild his fitness. If he thinks he's Danish Dynamite because he scored against Madrid and incinerated Ireland, then a spell on the bench will remind him that we are a better team than Denmark, with more options available to us (now that Lamela is back - thank GHod for that).

Agree with some of this but last season was a bit different.

Full on 90 mins in every league game at Wembley barring Liverpool.
Higher intensity in Champions League games than last season.
Higher intensity/(more games?) for Denmark

But like you say, for whatever reason, if he's not cutting it then give him a rest. Lets remember though we had this stuff last season and then he turned the corner.

I'd prefer to give him a start a bit further back where he doesn't have to chase and press up field. Last night when Dier moved into midfield we had Dier, Sissoko and Dembele. That just isn't good enough in terms of breaking teams down. There's no reason why Eriksen cant filter back into Sissoko's slot and Son can join Alli and Kane up top. Especially when Winks in unavailable.

Back