• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*****Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester ***OMT

This.

Also, showed the difference in him and Vardy.

Vardy scores and goes over to goad the Away fans in the corner. Kane just gets on with it
Well not really, Vardy scored to put them one up so can do what he wants. When Kane scored we were still losing so had to get on with it....

Didn't get back to the south coast until 2am last night. I have never known so many A road/motorway closures, it was like they were trying to trap me up norf.

Bad result. Poor performance first half, although we had 2 great chances, much better second half, more great chances. Not taking them (or them not falling to Kane) cost us.

Some of our boys are having a bit of a confidence crisis.
Eriksen you'd expect to be on top of the world after his Denmark exploits, but he has stopped looking forward, it's sideways or backwards to be safe. That's not what we want from him.

Dele did put a shift in. Its not happening for him and I hope he realises that hard work might get him out of this form slump. Rather than dallying and nutmegs.

Aurier is miles from Walker and I think I'd be selecting Trippier on pure delivery potential. And that foul throw :)

I love Jan, but that really is his 1 weakness. 1 on 1 with a good player. He backs off and off. Mahrez isn't some unheard of secret weapon, he has a wand of a left foot. I called it as it was happening, and when you do that it cuts like a knife when it happens.

Think it's best to keep Dier in DCM. He can team with Winks or Moose.
That also allows Son or Lamela (or both) to play.

Let's please not pin all our hopes on Lamela. Fantastic cameo last night. Looking to play forward, deft passes, curling crosses, interlinking.

Finally, I'm done with Sissoko. If he is the answer, GHod only knows what the question is.

Ps. Fantastic away support last night. Even if the sledging of Vardy back fired instantly.

Annoyed with this defeat. Annoyingly, we have lost a few of our good records with this defeat. This is the first time we have lost 3 consecutive away matches under Pochettino. This is also our first league defeat at Leicester since 2002. Remember, it was the legendary Mabizela who started our good record there by scoring his only goal for us in 2003. This is also the first time in 44 league matches and only the third time overall that we have lost a league match in which Kane has scored for us. The previous 2 was against Palace and Liverpool in 2015. Previously, we would always win or draw when Kane scores ! And in a typical Spurs way, we are the first and only top 6 teams to lose to Leicester so far this season. The only positive thing from this match is the timely return of Lamela who assisted our only goal for Kane.

All our key players were again poor in this match including Kane. But at least Kane came up with our only goal after being assisted by an inch perfect pass from Lamela. I think Kane has been poor since returning from injury despite scoring against Dortmund and WBA. But the way he scored this goal gives us hope that maybe Lamela's creativity can make Kane sharp again ! It was Kane's 9th goal against Leicester but wish he had helped us to win. It was emotional to see Lamela coming on after being injured out for so long and immediately making an impact. Pochettino really should have bring on Lamela much earlier in the second half. We badly missed Lamela all this while ! Was very annoyed with Alli and Eriksen who were both poor again. Alli missed a one-on-one chance in the first half while Eriksen wasted an open goal in the second half. Disappointingly, Son failed to make an impact after coming on. Llorente for his part wasted another open goal as well. Thought it was meaningless and a big blunder by Pochettino to bring on Llorente in a game we were losing as he has been a total flop since joining us.

Our midfield were again poor in this match. We looked out of sorts without Wanyama with Dembele having another poor match. Sissoko worked hard but his finishing were again poor. Sissoko really should have scored the one-on-one chance in the first half but he shot straight at the goalie. With Winks injured and Eriksen out of form, our options were very limited in midfield.

Our defence badly let us down in this match. It was really a bad timing to concede both the goals. I think Lloris should get the blame for the first goal as he came out too early and the ball was easily lobbed over him. Vertonghen and Sanchez should take the blame for the second goal as they failed to stop the long range shot. Sanchez really should have tackled the shot instead of backing away. I think Alderweireld would have thrown himself to stop that shot. It is clear we badly miss Alderweireld. It has been proven that Vertonghen and Alderweireld are only at their best when they partner each other in defence.

We have been poor at Wembley and top 6 teams away this season. Thought our good record against the bottom teams away will rescue our season but now we have started to lose to bottom teams as well. The return of Lamela will improve us but we still badly need Alderweireld and Wanyama back. Until then, Pochettino badly need to find a way to improve our form if we want to stay in the top 4 race.

Last edited:
Seems to have slipped under the radar as everyone climbs on Dele and Eriksen but I agree, a particularly poor game.

Hes had a poor season bar a few good moments. He is definitely not a defender. His passing out the back is just awful! also not helped by zero movement

One of the opening lines from the commentator I was listening to: "Leicester have never beaten Tottenham here in a league match in four previous attempts..."

I knew we were fudged from there.

Seriously though, I don't think we played that badly, we're just not getting the rub at the moment. This is a painful reminder of what a difficult run in the league feels like, it's been a while.

We have our excellent CL results so far to cling onto and we can only get better.. It's another test of our young squad's mettle. It's also a real test for Poch. It's about finding the right balance.

Given previous tests we've faced, I have no reason to believe we won't come out of it stronger.

COYS!

Its how we start games that's costing us results. We start way to slowly like we can just turn up. The likes of Dier sometimes set the tone with his slow passing. Pass the ball quickly with purpose from the first seconds

I thought in my head where we would finish this season 5th,4th and at best 3rd,to do that we would have to lose at least 8 games,at the minute we're on 4 losses...with the Wembley issue we had no chance for the title,so this media talk of us dropping out of title hunt ,i don't think we were ever in it,how can you win a title and your playing your home games away.

Anyway after last night i said this a few times our squad isn't long enough we play the same 13/14 players week in week out,we shouldn't be in a position now where Alli,Eriksen should be rested for certain games now the media luvvies will say they are being dropped,they can't be expected to perform week in week out. Sides have sussed out the Alli/Eriksen combo,playing from the back sequence we do .....we need to freshen up the squad we need at least two players just to wake up the squad also it sends a message that their place isn't secure and that they ain't guaranteed a spot in the side.

I agree with Pouch about our starts but hasn't he said that before,it seems its a long standing issue we got. We rectified that last season in most of our games but it seems the problem has come back again.With the Lorente issue I've seen him a few times with Swansea,basically he just wants crosses pinged into him at the back post,like Crouch used to enjoy,i can't believe we haven't worked out a system that plays to his strengths,i can't remember a time that someone crosses to him and anyone running off him to get the knock down or having a header at goal,strange. It seems to me he's told to get on the pitch and run around a bit !!

I feel this season we will win a few and then lose a few,with our hopes on a fa cup run and that be down to a bit of luck....man ure/city away in the 3rd round anyone??....a loss, and then the media hacks will have a field day then with the manager and the club...

Back