• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

We can still qualify for the Champions League and I hope we do of course, but I have grave doubts we will. The squad just are not good enough. We have been carrying far too many players. Siggurdson and Dempsey just are not good enough. Adebayor, well we are playing with no goal threat when he plays. Why does he keep coming up the pitch to get meaningless touches, the ball goes into the box and he is nowhere to be seen. Say what you like about Defoe, but he had two chances and had the keeper not reacted well, might have scored. I think Shaney is right, we have relied too much on Bale and Lennon and didnt today show. You cannot keep scoring last minute wins. ANyway lets hope for better in the next match.

We massively lack pace on the wings with no Lennon or Bale and have no one linking the play from Midfield to attack, and a lack of movement doesn't help.
Would have like to have seen Holtby today who seems to add the urgency we were lackung.

You guys need to chill.

Season aint over. Im not impressed. I wasnt impressed by our performance either but you guys seem to be confusing having a go at our performance today with having a go at our season ending. Differentiate between the two.

=D>=D>=D>

Really poor performance, we looked tired we could do with Lennon, Dawson and Bale being pulled out of international duty give them two weeks rest then go for it only 8 games left

Ha ha, brilliant.
No Shaney, I won't.
The season ends in May.
It always did.
It didn't end when we beat the filth and it didn't end today.
Talk about bottle jobs...now's the time to hold your mettle and be brave.
Hope the manager and squad don't think like you.

Posi-fudging-tivity. That fudging word.

Getting sick of that. The problem is, the manager and the squad have had one bad game filled with individual errors against Liverpool and then have gone on to almost throw away a three goal lead against Inter, before putting in one of the most miserable performances of the season, right when Arsenal and Everton have won, increasing the pressure on us, and City have lost, offering us an opportunity.

This was a fudging embarrassment. And it will a while to get over. Pathetic, insipid, lifeless, jaw-droppingly bad game today. From Lloris on, the whole team looked bored, uninspired and for all intents and purposes played like they were 15 points adrift at the bottom of the table with nothing to play for.

Maybe fatigue played its part, as influenced by the number of injuries. And yet Bale, who had a week off, was woeful today, tendon issues not withstanding. Dempsey did nothing. And the hardest-working player on the pitch was Emmanuel fudging Adebayor, a man who has every right to be considered the most 'fatigued' of all of them.

fudge off, fudging bottlers. AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHH.

The international break had better put some life into this squad, because if our mental fragilities are such that it only takes one undeserved defeat to send us into a death spiral, then we've never deserved the CL spot.

This smacks of Norwich on Easter Monday last season. Really lacklustre, lethargic performance and I just don't understand it. As players, they should be able to go out there and know they have a real opportunity to put pressure on City and take the pressure of us with this one result and yet a performance like that is what comes to pass.

We now go into the Swansea game having to win given what Arsenal did yesterday and what Chelsea are currently doing. Winning today would have allowed us the luxury of a point sufficing against Swansea and it should have been relatively straight forward against a team that cannot win away from home.

The players really have to look at themselves and take responsibility for this result and performances/results going forward. They are the ones who can affect what goes on out there and have the relevent drive/desire to see the job through. Tactics, formations etc should have made no difference today at all - The players should have gone out there, seen what 3 points would have done for the position and made it happen. 9 times out of 10 that would be the case, especially at other clubs but alarmingly, we seem to feel the need to throw a seasons worth of work away with a ridiculously inept performance that will be followed up no doubt by a toothless away performance that puts us under further pressure.

Haven't missed a game so far this year, even the ones meaning getting up at 3am Friday mornings. Just saying if players not gonna make the effort why should I.

Really poor performance and result. There was nothing at all in the final third and i'm sorry but there is no excuse for Defoe not putting one of 2 chances away. The first one was maybe ever so slightly behind him the 2nd one, especially in the circumstances has to go on. Its no surprise though as him and Adebayor have done nothing for most of the year aside from Defoe's brief purple patch earlier on.

International break now, i hope we kick on when we come back. Liverpool result was unfortunate but the last 2 matches we have been really poor and with what has happened the last couple of seasons it doesn't bode well.

Disagree.

An awful performance today. Sluggish, lethargic, a lot of players being swapped around to try and get some rest, a lot of players playing who shouldn't have perhaps.
Bale played the second-half injured, Daws went off injured...I think today was absolutely the net result of Thursday.
Forwards were, as ever, massively disappointing...

But it's a blip.
Against a side who set up for a point, defended ludicrously deep and thick, and managed to bottle up the middle. If Bale had been able to run second-half, I wonder if he'd have punished the wide left hand side where there's space?

No, we have a run of games against sides who play more open football now (Everton excluded) and so long as we can get Lennon and Bale fit, I think we'll pick it back up again.

The international break should help us, so long as we keep Bale, Lennon and Dawson from joining up...

Thanks mate. I'm normally right up there with you in terms of keeping positive, it's taken a bit of a battering after today's game. I actually fancy our chances of beating City/Everton/Chelsea more than the 'lesser' teams.

You guys need to chill.

Season aint over. Im not impressed. I wasnt impressed by our performance either but you guys seem to be confusing having a go at our performance today with having a go at our season ending. Differentiate between the two.

Lennon's condition is now a doubt.
The team looked either physically and mentally tired.

Basel Everton Basel Chelsea Emirates Marketing Project Wigan in April.

I'm not sure if we can still get the job done when we have to care both the league and Europe competition.

Disagree.

An awful performance today. Sluggish, lethargic, a lot of players being swapped around to try and get some rest, a lot of players playing who shouldn't have perhaps.
Bale played the second-half injured, Daws went off injured...I think today was absolutely the net result of Thursday.

But it's a blip.
Against a side who set up for a point, defended ludicrously deep and thick, and managed to bottle up the middle. If Bale had been able to run second-half, I wonder if he'd have punished the wide left hand side where there's space?

No, we have a run of games against sides who play more open football now (Everton excluded) and so long as we can get Lennon and Bale fit, I think we'll pick it back up again.

The international break should help us, so long as we keep Bale, Lennon and Dawson from joining up...

Steff I agree BUT this just goes to show one thing - our squad is vastly overrated and we need to buy and buy big and right... its not our first team that need strengthening but squad.

Last season Harry got slated for doing certain things and this season its happened again - just a different Manager. When I say its 'happened' again I mean sending certain players out on loan when we shouldnt have like Townsend and you know what? Jenas. Jenas would add some energy in that team whether people on here would believe it or not. Its a very very long season especially on two or three fronts and that means players who can come in and just 'do a job'

This was entirely predictable. We are now to be put through the same abysmal hell that we went through last season. And it is all because the squad just does not have the depth to get top 3/4. That is entirely the Chairman's fault - not the managers. When we have to use untried players like Carroll and we do not have the key strikers that our opponents have - because Mr Levy wants to get Champiions League on the cheap you just know you are stuffed. Dear old Arsene - who I really dislike - can simply sit back and wait for the annual THFC meltdown but it is not AVB's fault - it is squarely that of the Chairman. Its the hope I can't take - I can take the disappointment if I didn't annually get my hopes up!

Really cant understand Carroll coming on, I just don't think he is strong enough.

He passed and moved really well, great vision. Avb tried to shake things up in the middle. Agreed though, Carroll should play in less tense, pressure games. He does look quality going forward tho IMO.

Disagree.

But it's a blip.

I think we will still make top 4 but that was not an ECL performance today so if we don't make it I won't be too upset. But we HAVE to win the EL now! I demand it!!

You guys need to chill.

Its not over but Arsenal are on a really good run for the last few months, Chelsea will always pick up points and we also have the 1/4 finals of the Europa to work around. We needed to pick something up from todays game.

I am trying really hard to find the upside, and here it is.....At least I got 6 points for Hangleland in my fantasy team. That and we have Swansea next. Problem is, we are replacing people with people who are also not firing. That and the fact that every Jan we insist on not fixing our problems. I am preparing for the decline. I really think they need to see a sports psychologist. It doesn't matter the manager or players............

Twitter / OptaJoe: 3 - Dimitar Berbatov has scored in three successive Premier League games for Fulham, something he never managed for Spurs. Haunted.

3 games without Lennon, 3 losses.

We had the same problem last season, its not new and we chose not to do anything about it. We dont have replacement for our wingers other than sticking central attacker out there to "do a job".
This.

We'd actually be better off with 10 men than Adebayor. He's a hindrance. His first touch is genuinely one of the biggest reasons we can't score. Whenever a midfielder passes the ball to him because they think he might have a tiny chance of scoring, he just loses the ball straight away.

Lennon's condition is now a doubt.
The team looked either physically and mentally tired.

Basel Everton Basel Chelsea Emirates Marketing Project Wigan in April.

I'm not sure if we can still get the job done when we have to care both the league and Europe competition.

I agree but isnt this what people wanted? to fight on both fronts? Harry knew the limitations of the squad and focussed where Levy wanted focus - CL. Granted he failed but thats not the point.

Our squad I dont think was ever strong enough to do what we want. Today they looked knackered and thats only half the team. Th eother half rely on those players in order to win. Basically, and just mentioned to Steff, our squad is vastly overrated and we also made same mistakes as last season - players on loan who would have done a job.

Oh yeah - Dawson was out when the goal went in - we need Dawson to add some resolve in our team.

Back