• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

Yes but I meant that despite his limitations this season we seemed to be doing fine with him in the team when we also had a winger in there. Without a wide midfielder he becomes even more limited - critically so.

For the record, I think he has been creating goals, even if he hasn't actually got many assists.

Would you be happy if he was our main striker next season?

Their goal was fantastic nobodys fault, when they broke down the right Berbatov hung back until he saw where the ball was going to be played into, then made a great late run to put it in nobody could have picked him up, it really annoyed me at the time because the two idiots we play up front would have been nowhere near that cross.

Indeed...smart running for sure, smart movement...I do wonder had Daws been on the pitch whether he'd have got a sniff though. He would know exactly how Berba plays.
Funny thing is, for most of the match he was having an off-day.
Typical.

Would you be happy if he was our main striker next season?

No. But I'm not talking about next season. We can't magically produce a striker out of nowhere unless Harry Kane transforms into Zlatan Ibrahimovic overnight..

Of course I would love to see a more goal-oriented striker who also provides a threat through his strength, movement and ball control similar to Adebayor. But for the moment it is either a 'goalscorer' who has scored about 1 goal in 13 or a 'non-goalscorer' who has a similar or worse record but still benefits the team significantly (enough to win us games when teamed with a balanced midfield).

No doubt, the Adebayor of this season has not been good enough for where we want to be. But for me Defoe is the worse player. Next season I would like us to keep Adebayor, although neither him nor Defoe would be happy with a bench role. But I definitely agree we need to be in the market for a top striker, and I think it would have been rash to make this move in the January window, where selection is limited and prices are inflated.

If by some miracle we qualify for the Champions' League I dream of us throwing down some serious money for Cavani. We would be insatiable. Sadly it is just a dream, and if we don't qualify for the CL the chances of us signing a better striker than Adebayor are slim, although this should not stop us from signing a bigger goal threat anyway. The more I see of Benteke the more I think we might move for him...

Indeed...smart running for sure, smart movement...I do wonder had Daws been on the pitch whether he'd have got a sniff though. He would know exactly how Berba plays.
Funny thing is, for most of the match he was having an off-day.
Typical.

I have only seen the goal at the time it was scored, I can't bear to watch it again, I was a big critic of him when he left us but if we still had him IMO we would be pushing for second, such small margins.

I have only seen the goal at the time it was scored, I can't bear to watch it again, I was a big critic of him when he left us but if we still had him IMO we would be pushing for second, such small margins.

Not sure about that mate. Talent-wise, an absolutely superb footballer. But I don't know if his attitude is up to it. An absolute wasted talent for me...

Not sure about that mate. Talent-wise, an absolutely superb footballer. But I don't know if his attitude is up to it. An absolute wasted talent for me...

I know where you are coming from but I'd have him over Ade and Defoe in a heartbeat. The man has end product.

The three of them would make a formidable strikeforce. Keeping them all happy would be problematic though.

Indeed.
Berba needs to be 'the man' to fully deliver. His behaviour yesterday towards some of his team mates was disgraceful; insouciance with a side of arrogance and petulance. I loved watching him as a player, but he strikes me as an absolute tosser.
He would never work in an AVB side. In fact, his strops would make Ade look like Jimmy Bullard!!!!!!!

I wasn't sure whether I wanted to or not but I just finished watching the match. I had commitments yesterday but I did sneak a few peaks in the match thread while the match was progressing. That match thread coupled with the doom and gloom in basically every other thread on here made me think that the match was a complete car crash. Yes the result was bad, but the performance was not as bad as I feared. It was disjointed in the final third but up to a point it looked very similar to many of our performances this season, minus the end product. Our possession wasn't too bad and we restricted them to not much.

The biggest disappointment for me was how wasteful we were when we got into decent positions around their box. We had so many attacks that ended up with no meaningful shot on goal. Time and again the final ball was brick or blocked when in relatively threatening positions.

Anyway I draw some small crumb of comfort from the performance and will chalk it down to one of those days where it just didn't happen. I strangely don't feel as bad now.

^ i bet if you took out the posts which gave away when goals had been scored/conceded and read through every match thread this season you'd expect to see us bottom of the table :lol:

^ i bet if you took out the posts which gave away when goals had been scored/conceded and read through every match thread this season you'd expect to see us bottom of the table :lol:
True dat. I have seen Spurs play a lot worse than the Fulham game but I guess peoples fear of failure is eroding away their enjoyment of what is one of the most successful periods we've had in recent memory.

Edit - I noticed that there was no ratings thread. Are we too depressed sitting in 4th position to rate our players now?

Last edited:
The three of them would make a formidable strikeforce. Keeping them all happy would be problematic though.

I'd rather AVB had that problem than our current situation of having only 2 senior strikers in the entire squad leaving him no alternative to having to play one of them even when they are both in poor scoring form.

If only we had as formidable a set of centre forwards for AVB to choose between as we do centre backs...

Back