• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

Oh when the wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels, come falling offfff... Oh when the wheeels come falling offffff

As for the word 'blip', it disgusts me. After last season, being neurotic is probably hard-wired into every Spurs fan's inner cortex, and yet people assure us that's just a blip. Same as last season. Just a blip, it's okay, we'll finish 3rd.....it's okay, we'll finish fourth....it's okay, Chelsea won't win the CL, our blip won't cost us.....

Our blip cost us.

fudge.

Yes, we are a one man team. But that one player is not Gareth Bale, it's Aaron Lennon. His speed, workrate, intelligent runs and width is stretching the opponents, giving us the space we need for players like Gareth Bale to shine.

He passed and moved really well, great vision. Avb tried to shake things up in the middle. Agreed though, Carroll should play in less tense, pressure games. He does look quality going forward tho IMO.

He fudged up his first touch but he did not let that lower his head and he was the only one trying to be creative.
However I was screaming at Parker to stay back and let this lad go forward. He did not get enough of the ball because of this.
2 almost balls from Tom.
JD brought the only 2 saves.
We need creativity.

Last edited:
Carroll tried today. As in, he used his head for more than drunkenly attempting to win aerial balls. His incisive passing was the one redeeming performance is a gut-wrenchingly bad team display.

Steff I agree BUT this just goes to show one thing - our squad is vastly overrated and we need to buy and buy big and right... its not our first team that need strengthening but squad.

Last season Harry got slated for doing certain things and this season its happened again - just a different Manager. When I say its 'happened' again I mean sending certain players out on loan when we shouldnt have like Townsend and you know what? Jenas. Jenas would add some energy in that team whether people on here would believe it or not. Its a very very long season especially on two or three fronts and that means players who can come in and just 'do a job'

In fairness, let's leave Harry out of it mate...we've moved on with regards to him being a factor in discussions...agree that at times like this the squad looks thinner for sure. And yes, whilst I see what you're saying about Jenas, I think personally it's very important to have moved on from him. Agree on Townshend as an option for the last 15 mins of a game where we're desperate, but again, we should be moving on.

We missed our right-hand side today, no doubt about that at all. Made things easy for Fulham.

Again, let's see where we are in May mate. The last time I remember us losing two Prem games on the bounce, we came back to form. Admittedly this is a different situation, but I'm going to choose to keep faith (I know you will be too mate)...

Strange feeling watching this game. Normally I'm a nervous wreck but from about the 17th minute today, I knew we were going to lose. Just sat watching the game completely emotionless.

It will be another bottle-job this season in the league, we know it will be. I just hope we can do something in the Uefa Cup.

And me! I told my family I will behave like buddha and not rage. Did not say a word. Its kind of nice and freeing, when you learn to accept things as they are

As for the word 'blip', it disgusts me. After last season, being neurotic is probably hard-wired into every Spurs fan's inner cortex, and yet people assure us that's just a blip. Same as last season. Just a blip, it's okay, we'll finish 3rd.....it's okay, we'll finish fourth....it's okay, Chelsea won't win the CL, our blip won't cost us.....

Our blip cost us.

fudge.

Last season wasn't a 'blip' it was half a season.

Carroll was man of the match. Only one who showed any brains. From a footballing perspective, we are an incredibly stupid side with the ball.

Funny how when we tried in Europe two seasons ago we finished 5th, last season we got knocked out of the EL at the group stages and finished 4th, and this season...

In fairness, let's leave Harry out of it mate...we've moved on with regards to him being a factor in discussions...agree that at times like this the squad looks thinner for sure. And yes, whilst I see what you're saying about Jenas, I think personally it's very important to have moved on from him. Agree on Townshend as an option for the last 15 mins of a game where we're desperate, but again, we should be moving on.

We missed our right-hand side today, no doubt about that at all. Made things easy for Fulham.

Again, let's see where we are in May mate. The last time I remember us losing two Prem games on the bounce, we came back to form. Admittedly this is a different situation, but I'm going to choose to keep faith (I know you will be too mate)...

I was trying to make a point - the common denominator - if you want to call him that in Mr Levy.

I dont think our season is over but I do think today was a true test of the squad and we failed. Although I am perplexed as today half the team didnt play against Inter - so not sure if its fatigue of the few vital players we have and rely on to win, AVB fudging up or just an off day.

Chelsea just gone 2-0 up !pt a head of us with a game in hand, you have to laugh two games ago 3rd even 2nd looked possible, now my lord just winning another game this season would be nice.

Joking a side i think this break has come at a good time, lets regroup and go again, I think we will get 4th but we are just doing it the hard way. (the only way spurs know how)

load of gonad*s. bale has covered up so many bad performances from the team. but these results were always gonna happen once he stopped scoring

Carroll was man of the match. Only one who showed any brains. From a footballing perspective, we are an incredibly stupid side with the ball.

I think this, more than anything, is down to a couple of important details.

1) Defoe is not the smartest with movement.
2) Parker AND Dembele together don't move the ball quickly or smartly enough.

Thus we lost any option for attack. Carroll was trying repeatedly to slip players in quickly, but he only got close to doing so when given the ball quickly and deep.

I would frankly consider dropping Parker to the bench. His workrate and endeavor are great but he slows things up massively, and when his sideways/backwards pass os to Moussa, the NEXT ball is going to be, well, a touch and dribble, it's rarely a quick pass forwards a la Luka...

They get paid ridiculous sums of money, and they play a dog brick team AT HOME and lose from virtually their only attempt at goal. fudging disgraceful.

Bale...when hes good, hes damn good, when hes bad, he's fudging useless, and the purple patch is over.

Defoe should have won us the game, but as usual, he manages to pick out the goalkeeper from 2 yards out instead of the net, TWICE.

Last season is happening all over again, and im not having it, forgetting all things Spurs until the summer, i've had enough.

Agree with some parts. Other than I will still be watching us till the end. I forgot Dempsey was even on the pitch. I have to say I do love coming on here, its whats gets me through the week. Everyone gives me such jokes......I really am trying the buddha approach people. We can only hope that we all of a sudden pick back up. And if we don't we don't. Really is that simple

Last season wasn't a 'blip' it was half a season.

How many people were calling it a 'blip'? As far as I recall, we were motoring along fine until the middle of February, when we imploded with all the grace of a swampy sinkhole, all the while people assuring the fans that it was just a 'blip'. Now, we've lost three in a row in the space of a week, in the middle of March. And apparently, we were at the same number of points last season at this stage, which, if we were truly doing better, shouldn't be the case.

Sigh. Steff, your positivity is appreciated, and you're probably right in your assertions that we shouldn't stop believing. But people need to blow off steam, and the match and ratings threads are the best place to do it. Any positivity in these threads immediately after a match like that looks like holier-than-thou, pig-headed obstinacy to the angry and bewildered patrons of this board, which I can attest to because that's how I'm tempted to look at your posts, even if I know you're right, deep down.

Give it time, mate.

And if we do make top 4. It will be a bloody miracle, as quite frankly we surely would be the first time to do it without strikers

Back