• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

load of gonad*s. bale has covered up so many bad performances from the team. but these results were always gonna happen once he stopped scoring

spot on

if only we bought a couple of decent strikers over the last 4 years or so ](*,)](*,)](*,)

I was trying to make a point - the common denominator - if you want to call him that in Mr Levy.

I dont think our season is over but I do think today was a true test of the squad and we failed. Although I am perplexed as today half the team didnt play against Inter - so not sure if its fatigue of the few vital players we have and rely on to win, AVB fudging up or just an off day.

A combination of all three for me.
The manager cannot be blamed, though, for not having enough passing midfielders.
He should've been allowed to have Moutinho early doors in August.

I seriously think it has to be considered an off-day/off-wekk and we just move on. This certainly isn't the time for the side to get emotional!!!!!

For anyone who wants to know what message AVB had delivered to Ade:

24-650x365.png

I never wanna see Adebayor in a spurs shirt again.. this man is useless
What did Dempsey even do when he came on?

We won't finish top 4 because we have too many players who are just not good enough
Lennon is a massive miss

Carroll was man of the match. Only one who showed any brains. From a footballing perspective, we are an incredibly stupid side with the ball.

Agreed.

From a "top footballing side" we are the worst with and without the ball I have seen. I was watching our movement through out the game and my word is it terrible. No wonder the likes of Parker and Dembele give the ball away or decide to pass back, it's horrible to watch. Most of our goals this season have come from screamers from distance, tap ins from close range or set pieces, none have come from nice intricate passing or anything like that.

How many people were calling it a 'blip'? As far as I recall, we were motoring along fine until the middle of February, when we imploded with all the grace of a swampy sinkhole, all the while people assuring the fans that it was just a 'blip'. Now, we've lost three in a row in the space of a week, in the middle of March. And apparently, we were at the same number of points last season at this stage, which, if we were truly doing better, shouldn't be the case.

Sigh. Steff, your positivity is appreciated, and you're probably right in your assertions that we shouldn't stop believing. But people need to blow off steam, and the match and ratings threads are the best place to do it. Any positivity in these threads immediately after a match like that looks like holier-than-thou, pig-headed obstinacy to the angry and bewildered patrons of this board, which I can attest to because that's how I'm tempted to look at your posts, even if I know you're right, deep down.

Give it time, mate.

Very good insight that frankly I haven't had before.

Appreciate it.

I'll duck out of here with that in mind mate...

I don't know. I really don't. Not sure what AVB could have done to have got a different performance today. It feels flat. We showed no guile, creativity or anything. We have suddenly gone from being one of the most attractive sides to well seeing players who just can't pass, control or simply need too many touches of the ball. We have no sharpness to our play right now.

The centre backs are not fantastic ball playing centre backs, all of our full backs take too many risks and are caught out too often, Parker just cannot seem to pass at the right time, or with any real intelligence. We seem to not play some really obvious passes and rely on magic from well one man in particular.

I think it's time we started to play Carroll now. Parker has done really well but quite honestly I think we need more, we need a comfortable playmaker.

fudge, I know its all doom and gloom but finding it really hard to find positives after that today. I think we're massively struggling without Lennon and Bale.

This smacks of Norwich on Easter Monday last season. Really lacklustre, lethargic performance and I just don't understand it. As players, they should be able to go out there and know they have a real opportunity to put pressure on City and take the pressure of us with this one result and yet a performance like that is what comes to pass.

We now go into the Swansea game having to win given what Arsenal did yesterday and what Chelsea are currently doing. Winning today would have allowed us the luxury of a point sufficing against Swansea and it should have been relatively straight forward against a team that cannot win away from home.

The players really have to look at themselves and take responsibility for this result and performances/results going forward. They are the ones who can affect what goes on out there and have the relevent drive/desire to see the job through. Tactics, formations etc should have made no difference today at all - The players should have gone out there, seen what 3 points would have done for the position and made it happen. 9 times out of 10 that would be the case, especially at other clubs but alarmingly, we seem to feel the need to throw a seasons worth of work away with a ridiculously inept performance that will be followed up no doubt by a toothless away performance that puts us under further pressure.

=D>

what the fcuk is happening with this lad....AVB no longer fancies him?

Levy signing. Saw potential resale value in a very talented young German hence why we wanted to get him on a free. If he was AVBs, I doubt he'd have wanted him in Jan anyway which is why he was going to sign in the summer, but Sandro got injured so we had to for depth etc.

To me it seems we will be moving into a different formation/style next year with players who suit it, Holtby will probably suit it and be a star player for us next year.

Ain't quite terminal yet, but three defeats in a row... That much vaunted "we have confidence because we're winning games" story starts to have a coach and horses driven right through it.

Work to be done.

A combination of all three for me.
The manager cannot be blamed, though, for not having enough passing midfielders.
He should've been allowed to have Moutinho early doors in August.

I seriously think it has to be considered an off-day/off-wekk and we just move on. This certainly isn't the time for the side to get emotional!!!!!

come on, is Moutinho the only passing midfielder out there?? these are lame excuses, even poorer teams can pass the ball without having to spend 25 mill on one midfielder

Also, cheers statto. You're fault we lost this.

Had I have started it like we said, we'd have won.

I don't know. I really don't. Not sure what AVB could have done to have got a different performance today. It feels flat. We showed no guile, creativity or anything. We have suddenly gone from being one of the most attractive sides to well seeing players who just can't pass, control or simply need too many touches of the ball. We have no sharpness to our play right now.

The centre backs are not fantastic ball playing centre backs, all of our full backs take too many risks and are caught out too often, Parker just cannot seem to pass at the right time, or with any real intelligence. We seem to not play some really obvious passes and rely on magic from well one man in particular.

I think it's time we started to play Carroll now. Parker has done really well but quite honestly I think we need more, we need a comfortable playmaker.

fudge, I know its all doom and gloom but finding it really hard to find positives after that today. I think we're massively struggling without Lennon and Bale.

I am a big fan of Parker but at times today he was embarrassing, how many times does Dembele get caught in possession it's turning into a joke.

Yes, we are a one man team. But that one player is not Gareth Bale, it's Aaron Lennon. His speed, workrate, intelligent runs and width is stretching the opponents, giving us the space we need for players like Gareth Bale to shine.

So true.

personally i think AVB supposedly having a miraculous rotation system is a complete myth. he'll play people till they are zombies is he needs them, which is fine and is his right as manager. i just think its massively hypocritical of some of our fans

however i still think we are on course to finishing exactly where i thought we would finish. top 6.

so far AVB has done a great job

come on, is Moutinho the only passing midfielder out there?? these are lame excuses, even poorer teams can pass the ball without having to spend 25 mill on one midfielder

I don't disagree, but we cannot live without Dembele and Sandro without a passer, a proper passer. As I said a bit earlier, now's the time to 'rest' Pirouette and give Carroll a run, but the players have to trust him...

Back