• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

Some words exchanged in the dressing room post match. Some of the lads unhappy with certain performances- not to mention having to risk Lennon when he was only there for rehab, and Adebayor having to play 120 mins coming off the back of an injury- both now doubtful for Sunday.

POTL

The source is obviously crrap, POTL has no more of an insight into the dressing room than we do but if the players weren't having a go at each other after losing 4-1, then I'd be pretty disappointed.

Very important game. We need to be going into the international break happy and with 3 points.

very big game - drop points and the wobble will be on - we were unlucky against pool and complacement against inter - so its imperative we stop this mini rot.

I think we will be ok we hav lloris,benny,dawson,bale to come in fresh, i think our players will be focused for this one.

big mention to the hammers & swansea .........come on.

but most importantly lets get back to our a game on sunday

The source is obviously crrap, POTL has no more of an insight into the dressing room than we do but if the players weren't having a go at each other after losing 4-1, then I'd be pretty disappointed.

Very important game. We need to be going into the international break happy and with 3 points.[/QUOTE]

This. Really want to be going to Swansea back in winning mode, not on a run of 3 without a win.

Its going to be a tough one though after playing 120mins last night. Would have been good to have Dempsey to bring back in against his old club, and also to give someone a rest

Twitter / HotspurRelated: 4 - We have won our last 4 home matches against opponents this weekend Fulham.
Twitter / HotspurRelated: 2003 - Fulham last won at White Hart Lane back in 2003 in a 3-0 win.
Twitter / HotspurRelated: 3 - Since leaving us Jol has faced us three times, he has lost all three.

Some people are bigging up the international break like the players have got a month off in the Bahamas.. won't most of our players have to play 2 games in a week.. and some of them away?

Yes, I couldn't quite understand the logic either. I guess none of the English Spurs players will play though, so that's a bonus. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Bale, Sigurdsson and Dempsey(?) all will though. Don't think the African lads have any games, I'm not sure.

Some people are bigging up the international break like the players have got a month off in the Bahamas.. won't most of our players have to play 2 games in a week.. and some of them away?

fudge the players' break, it's our break! Two weeks without having to worry about Spurs.

Based on past records, you have to be really worried about facing Fulham now. We have won our last 6 league matches against them, scoring 13 and conceding just 3 goals. We badly need to continue that good record against them. But we had a similiar record against Liverpool and we fecked up. Hope we will overcome our traditional habit of fecking up against teams we have a good record against.

Some words exchanged in the dressing room post match. Some of the lads unhappy with certain performances- not to mention having to risk Lennon when he was only there for rehab, and Adebayor having to play 120 mins coming off the back of an injury- both now doubtful for Sunday.

POTL

This didn't happen.

DAWSON ON FULHAM:

Michael Dawson is focusing only on returning to winning ways against Fulham on Sunday.

Liverpool ended our fine 12-match unbeaten run in the Premier League at Anfield last weekend and we then suffered a 4-1 loss at Inter on Thursday night, but progressed to the quarter-finals of the Europa League on the away goal after the tie ended 4-4 on aggregate.

“We’ve had two disappointing results, even though we went through against Inter,” said Michael.

“We all know that was a below-par performance but we’re in the next round, so that’s all that really matters.

“We’re all looking at Fulham now. They are a good team who play some great football but we’re back at the Lane, we’re confident and hopefully we’ll get the three points.”

Michael will then join up with the England squad for World Cup qualifiers against San Marino and Montenegro –he’s been called up with team-mates Kyle Walker, Jermain Defoe, Scott Parker and Aaron Lennon.

“It’s been a long time since my last cap (March, 2011) but I look forward to meeting up with the squad and hopefully I’ll do well,” he added.

This will be our 5th game in 14 days I believe. After 120 minutes on Thursday. And both Parker and Dembele has been involved in just about all of that so far.

Dawson, Ekotto, Lennon, Bale, Dempsey (if fit), Holtby and Defoe if selected should be fine. Ade too I think. Central midfield is a real worry for me though, thought Parker looked off the pace against Inter and I think he might be tiring. We saw last season that he struggles with playing a ton of games. Perhaps AVB will keep Livermore in there and play Dembele alongside him. Dembele is a worry too, we need his energy, but he won't have much left at this point I fear.

Will be interesting to see what AVB does. We need 3 points from this.

Tough selection call. Certainly some players are going to be blowing come 60/70 mins

...................Lloris................
Walker..Caulker..Dawson..Ekotto
...........Dembele..Holtby..........
Lennon.........Bale.......Sigurdsson
................Defoe....................

Subs. Friedel,Naughton,Vertonghen,Huddlestone,Parker,Livermore,Adebayor

Heart says 2-1. Head says 1-1

Livermore shouldn't be anywhere near the starting lineup. We'd be better playing a cone in central midfield than him. A tired Parker is a better option as are Carroll or Thudd.

Livermore shouldn't be anywhere near the starting lineup. We'd be better playing a cone in central midfield than him. A tired Parker is a better option as are Carroll or Thudd.

If he promises me he doesn't cross the halway line. He has the sense of mission to step up and take more responsibility in our attacks, but it turns out terribly.

Last edited:
Back