• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

Well, he does generally need about 8 head-down blasts at the middle of the goal before he'll put one past even the most static of keepers. Looked like a bit of a melée from the other end of the ground; I couldn't really see why it didn't go in.

The keeper made himself as big as he could, did ever so well but a decent striker wouldve bagged both of defoe's chances today

Ha ha, brilliant.
No Shaney, I won't.
The season ends in May.
It always did.
It didn't end when we beat the filth and it didn't end today.
Talk about bottle jobs...now's the time to hold your mettle and be brave.
Hope the manager and squad don't think like you.

No offence, but we could lose the next 3 games 6-0 and you would still call it a "blip" and say claptrap like the season aint over, 15 points to play for, we need to be positive blah blah blah.

The line between realistic and delusional is far and eide.

No offence, but we could lose the next 3 games 6-0 and you would still call it a "blip" and say claptrap like the season aint over, 15 points to play for, we need to be positive blah blah blah.

It's an emotional line that is being drawn. Some people are pessimists, some optimists. In sport it ain't over til it's over, so if there are 5 games to play, REALISTICALLY there are 15 points to be won. If you're an optimist (like Micky Hazard) you'll believe we can get all of them. If you're a pessimist (like many on here) you'll think we won't get a enough points for CL football. And people like 'us', tapping on our keyboards don't make a blind bit of difference to the results unless we are at the Lane (or away) providing support for the team.

Last edited:
It's an emotional line that is being drawn. Some people are pessimists, some optimists. In sport it ain't over til it's over, so it there are 5 games to play, REALISTICALLY there are 15 points to be won. If you're an optimist (like Micky Hazard) you'll believe we can get all of them. If you're a pessimist (like many on here) you'll think we won't get a enough points for CL football. And people like 'us', tapping on our keyboards don't make a blind bit of difference to the results unless we are at the Lane (or away) providing support for the team.

I am a pessimist, not to the level of Shaney, but years of supporting Spurs leaves me no reason to believe otherwise. However, when I go to games, I always sing and give my support to the team, even if I think we will lose.

AVB nightmare today.

He got it completely wrong on Thursday and again today. Wrong team, wrong tactics, players playing out of position, no concept how to break down a team (Norwich and Wigan anyone). Ade and Defoe hopeless. No running off the ball. Central midfield uncreative and too deep. No width. No wingers. Townsend out on loan. BAE in midfield at home against Fulham FFS No Holtby - why?

WTF? Ia our head coach clueless - and all our deficiencies patched over by Bales heroics? Lack of decent striking options is in real danger inflicting real self imposed harm. AGAIN

It really feels like deja vu

AVB nightmare today.

He got it completely wrong on Thursday and again today. Wrong team, wrong tactics, players playing out of position, no concept how to break down a team (Norwich and Wigan anyone). Ade and Defoe hopeless. No running off the ball. Central midfield uncreative and too deep. No width. No wingers. Townsend out on loan. BAE in midfield at home against Fulham FFS No Holtby - why?

WTF? Ia our head coach clueless - and all our deficiencies patched over by Bales heroics? Lack of decent striking options is in real danger inflicting real self imposed harm. AGAIN

It really feels like deja vu

Spot on my piratical friend, saved me a lot of typing.

Livermore and Parker is NOT a good midfield, as there is no passer.

Nor is Parker and Dembele.

All the while our two best quick passers Holtby and Tom Carroll are waiting on the bench for game after game after game!

Carroll was a breath of fresh air today, loads of piercing through balls. Of course they won't all come off, but at least it provided a spark.

Otherwise we were just launching 50 yard aerial passes onto the huge Fulham defender's heads

Avb picked the wrong team

Ekotto left mid? Nah!

Crowd were shocking coz the team was slow and lethargic. I knew how we started the game we wouldn't win. Just so slow!!!!

If Lennon isn't playing you need a more forward thinking right back. So what does he do? Plays naughton who didn't drive forward once.

I'm not walkers biggest fan but if ur gonna drop the guy. Do it when Lennon is back!

Just a horrible day! brick weather. brick match. Pathetic!

Nah night!

I think there our only minor glitches in our playing system, as i believe our problems have been more to do with our scouting/transfer policy then anything else. Regardless of whose in charge, we have to understand that for the past 6-7 years with been operating as a bit part program which only functions when 2 or 3 of its components work to high standards, modric, vdv, carrick, berbatov to name a few our great examples of key components within a playing system that's desired to work to those players abilities, but what happens when those players get injured? or lose form? or rested? as seen the system breaks down, i believe this season we've somewhat recycled that ethos with our new "mesiah" bale, however unlike other seasons since circa 2005 we seem to now have a playing dynamic which focuses on the collective rather than the individual, this is inspiring as we can only rely on our messiahs to bail us out of trouble for so long. Additionally You can also see that the majority of the team especially those that played throughout the jol/ramos/redknapp era have no working knowledge on how to circulate the ball, but why would they? as they we're simply told to pass to modric/carrick/vdv and let their natural abilities do the rest, i believe our passing game is top 10 at best, but definitely not top 4 standard. As iv'e said all season we need to buy two out and out playmakers that can play central midfield and begin to rotate the ball with greater speed, they wouldn't be required to play every game nor would they have to be world class, but they could begin to get some pass and move type football back into the fold and give our strikers something to feed off.

The general consensus from me is that we clearly showed again that we will never be a top side. The mentality of the players is what causes this, certainly not ability. It shows season after season, see Wigan, Norwich, Fulham etc. We can show just how good we can be at times then show just how brick we can be at others.

Wouldnt worry though, give it a day or two and we'll get the usual idiot players popping up saying brick like... 'were all gutted, we know how important it is, we will pick ourselves up for the next game, its still all to play for, its in our own hands etc etc' the usual flimflam which makes it all better.

This.

Unfortunately those same players will be off as soon as the final whistle goes on the last day of the season claiming they want to play CL football, oh the irony, they bottle it trying to get into the CL and then think they are of a good enough standard to play in the CL at another club. fudge 'em.

its funny, but i do agree with him. it IS just a blip

its just not a blip for someone like him if he hates the manager

@charlietheyid

Couldn't agree more. Worst I've seen or heard in over 40 years.

Its that sense of entitlement - people turn up expecting us to win. Shocking.

Just got back from the game:
1. Weird formation and then slightly odd subs from AVB. Players didn't play like they knew where they were meant to be or what they were meant to be doing.
2. There were lots of poor performance today but Dempsey was really terrible when he came on. He kept drifting in and crowding the middle and leaving us with no width at all on the left. There were plenty of times Benny came to the line and had no one to play the ball to down the left until Ade came out wide for him.
3. Tom was good when he came on.
4. Lack of leadership on pitch when Dawson went off. and no one will take responsibility and risk to move ball forward and take on players, it is always backwards, recycling possession. It gets very dull after a while.

The general consensus from me is that we clearly showed again that we will never be a top side. The mentality of the players is what causes this, certainly not ability. It shows season after season, see Wigan, Norwich, Fulham etc. We can show just how good we can be at times then show just how brick we can be at others.

Wouldnt worry though, give it a day or two and we'll get the usual idiot players popping up saying brick like... 'were all gutted, we know how important it is, we will pick ourselves up for the next game, its still all to play for, its in our own hands etc etc' the usual flimflam which makes it all better.

I don't think it's mainly our mentality though. We are frankly not very deep in depth and a small squad isn't going to maintain strong form over the course of a full season, though half seasons are very possible (see: Everton, Villa); the deep squads like United get rotated HEAVILY, far more than we do. The only reason we took top four first season Harry was in charge was due to some very impressive runs by squad players - Niko at the beginning, then Lennon, then Bale, even Pav at the end. Who do we have now that can give us that lift?

The other thing is that we are not playing like a top four side except once a blue moon. We press better these days but we don't display the technical level of passing and intelligent movement of even a Chelsea, much less the Manchester clubs and Arse. I can't prove this with stats (except maybe that GD is 99% correlated with finishing position) it's just something I feel with my own eyes. Yes Bale will paper over some cracks and may even carry us over the line, but ultimately I think quality-wise we are not good enough and this will be found out by the end of the season.

The summer window is crucial. AVB can coach better pressing and defensive organization, but he can't give technical ability and vision on the ball to players who just don't have it.

Strange feeling watching this game. Normally I'm a nervous wreck but from about the 17th minute today, I knew we were going to lose. Just sat watching the game completely emotionless.

It will be another bottle-job this season in the league, we know it will be. I just hope we can do something in the Uefa Cup.

Very much the same. Can remember lookingup at the Jumbotron at 3.13, at that point I thought to myself we arent going to score today,
Have to admit though, I was thinking 0-0

Back