• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham OMT***

We miss Lennon so badly. Could do with Townsend being around atm too... just anyone who can provide a bit of width.

Bale on the left would be the obvious solution. Hopefully AVB will revert to that for the time being.

And sending Townsend out on loan...incredible decision!

Obviously we could do with him now, but in terms of the player's future, this loan is massive. He has scored 2 goals and against Villa was playing with massive amounts of confidence. Previously I've thought Townsend was far too headless chicken to be involved with our first team. As he continues to get games at QPR, he seems to be becoming more decisive (the confidence boost of goals helps).

Ironically, although his absence highlights the lack of a natural wide-players as one of the biggest weaknesses of our squad, it may in fact solve the problem for next season. Let's just hope it doesn't mean we miss out on 4th and lose Bale....

today was like norwich at home all over again

it's all over imo

Of course its not. There are so many games and points to play for. Lennon and Bale back in the team, confidence can change around very quickly. I know we're all down but you'll feel different in a few weeks. Yes it does feel like de ja vu, but the players and everyone need to know that there is still something that can be done about this. They proved that with the right mentality they can beat anyone.

Of course its not. There are so many games and points to play for. Lennon and Bale back in the team, confidence can change around very quickly. I know we're all down but you'll feel different in a few weeks. Yes it does feel like de ja vu, but the players and everyone need to know that there is still something that can be done about this. They proved that with the right mentality they can beat anyone.

and therein lies the rub

and therein lies the rub

Hey that's a Naijaspurs copyright...

Can we do anything as supporters to change that? We could certainly not turn on the side and paralyse the whole club and cripple us with fear.

Ultimately the players and AVB have a huge job coming up in the next month or so.

Hopefully it provokes a response for the next few games/rest of the season.

I'm trying my hardest to feel positive. I remember how gutting it was when we lost to Pompey in the semi final of the cup with Arsenal and Chelsea looming a few years ago. I felt so flat convinced City would get fourth with the upcoming fixture list. You know football has a crazy habit of picking you up when you least expect it. I'm just hoping the players look deep and find something.

I'm trying my hardest to feel positive. I remember how gutting it was when we lost to Pompey in the semi final of the cup with Arsenal and Chelsea looming a few years ago. I felt so flat convinced City would get fourth with the upcoming fixture list. You know football has a crazy habit of picking you up when you least expect it. I'm just hoping the players look deep and find something.

Only time will tell. Annoying we have to wait 2 weeks to find out anything.. maybe a few of our players will get some rest. Hopefully Lennon will be fully fit especially as he hasn't been bestowed the curse of an England call-up. Although I have literally no idea what is going on with his injury/ies

Hey that's a Naijaspurs copyright...

Can we do anything as supporters to change that? We could certainly not turn on the side and paralyse the whole club and cripple us with fear.

Ultimately the players and AVB have a huge job coming up in the next month or so.

Agree with that. From what I heard the crowd were fine to begin with. But its a two way street. They had absolutely nothing to cheer about today and their patience was sorely tested. It took us until the 65th minute to bring a save out the goalkeeper. We only managed another one all game. Truly shocking.

I don't think it's mainly our mentality though. We are frankly not very deep in depth and a small squad isn't going to maintain strong form over the course of a full season, though half seasons are very possible (see: Everton, Villa); the deep squads like United get rotated HEAVILY, far more than we do. The only reason we took top four first season Harry was in charge was due to some very impressive runs by squad players - Niko at the beginning, then Lennon, then Bale, even Pav at the end. Who do we have now that can give us that lift?

The other thing is that we are not playing like a top four side except once a blue moon. We press better these days but we don't display the technical level of passing and intelligent movement of even a Chelsea, much less the Manchester clubs and Arse. I can't prove this with stats (except maybe that GD is 99% correlated with finishing position) it's just something I feel with my own eyes. Yes Bale will paper over some cracks and may even carry us over the line, but ultimately I think quality-wise we are not good enough and this will be found out by the end of the season.

The summer window is crucial. AVB can coach better pressing and defensive organization, but he can't give technical ability and vision on the ball to players who just don't have it.

In real terms we have gone backwards.
Modders Raffa and Pav who scored some crucial goals..

So what are we left with..players that are not strong enough to keep us competing at the highest level. Having said that were still At the mo in the top four!!!!! Well thats mostly down to Bale's magic.

Adebyour was to be key to us achieving something and thats why the club are paying him so highly.

I feel as long as we have him and Defoe as our main strikers well, obviously they are not scoring the goals we need to be much of a success....

Does anyone believe we can turn this around?

We should bloody well be in 2nd place. This club is so frustrating. And as many say, it's the hope that hurts.

There were brave attempts in the second half at 0-0 to lift the atmosphere, but there was no discernible response from the players and it soon fell flat again. We showed nothing today. No heart, no hunger and no desire to win. Our first attempt on target, other than a looping header by Bale in the first half that was easily cleared off the line, was around the 70th minute, I think. It was like the Norwich game from last season was Groundhog Day.

Obviously we could do with him now, but in terms of the player's future, this loan is massive. He has scored 2 goals and against Villa was playing with massive amounts of confidence. Previously I've thought Townsend was far too headless chicken to be involved with our first team. As he continues to get games at QPR, he seems to be becoming more decisive (the confidence boost of goals helps).

Ironically, although his absence highlights the lack of a natural wide-players as one of the biggest weaknesses of our squad, it may in fact solve the problem for next season. Let's just hope it doesn't mean we miss out on 4th and lose Bale....

Spot on but we have lost three on the bounce so we need to start scraping around for people to blame

Code:
[FONT=lucida console]Projected Final Table B[FONT=Lucida Console]ased on Form [/FONT](H/A treated separately)
------------------------------------------------------------
01 Man Utd     95
02 Emirates Marketing Project    78
03 Chelsea     71
04 Arsenal     69
05 Tottenham   68
06 Everton     60
07 Liverpool   60
08 West Brom   54
09 Swansea     50
10 Fulham      50
11 Saudi Sportswashing Machine   44
12 West Ham    42
13 Norwich     40
14 Southampton 40
15 Aston Villa 40
16 Stoke       39
17 Sunderland  39
---------------------
18 Wigan       35
19 Reading     32
20 QPR         32
[/FONT]

Spot on but we have lost three on the bounce so we need to start scraping around for people to blame

:lol:

In terms of who to blame/what has caused this poor run of form I think those blaming our strikers are missing the point. AVB has tried and failed to get results without a natural wide man, hopefully Lennon will be back soon, otherwise he needs to switch it up.

Prior to Lennon's injury we had constantly had 1 wide-man in our midfield at least. Our squad (especially our deep CMs, but also Bale, Sig, Dempsey) are not technically gifted nor creative enough to play in a narrow AM trio. Even if they were, they would still need to be playing wider than they were today to allow their counterpart on the opposite wing space to cut in. Since we've lost Lennon, Bale has never returned to an out-and-out winger role, and we've lost all 3 games.

I think with Adebayor starting we have enough to break down most teams and win most games. We went on a poor run when he was at the African Nations and it wasn't a coincidence IMO. He might be a limited player - offering little goal threat, but he gave us just about enough to edge games through stretching the game high up the pitch mainly by moving from the centre to the left, while Lennon stayed generally wide on the right, stretching it in the opposite direction, albeit slightly deeper.

Without a more positionally effective midfield, Adebayor becomes less useful - his movement creates space high up the pitch that is useful when the midfield behind him can play the ball into/break rank and attack this space he makes. If the midfield can't find space, as is the case without a winger, Adebayor's movement will never be utilised and his role is reduced. This is especially true when the left wing is so empty that he must constantly be stood on the left touchline to give the left-back an option, as happened time and time again today, being sucked into the role of winger rather than striker.

Back