• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

Re: Crystal Palace OMT?

Every pass must be inch perfect or the groans will start. There are some that need to realize that any team can give us a game on their day. Against Everton the crowd was positive and the performance followed.

You're oversimplifying the issue, and I suspect you know it. Come on.

Not going to be easy I watch their game against Villa Tuesday they absolutely battered Villa for the full 90 just were undone with some poor finishing and a bit if brilliance from Benteke. I am surprised they are down in the relegation scrap they have a decent side.

Every pass must be inch perfect or the groans will start. There are some that need to realize that any team can give us a game on their day. Against Everton the crowd was positive and the performance followed.

The atmosphere tends to get worse when we're expected to win games. As you say, when it's against a team who are either better than us or at the very least evenly matched, the fans tend to be more reasonable and patient.

Guaranteed 3 points. Next.

No point watching really!

It will be a hard game. Chamack is hard working and will test our back 4. But if we can play like we did against chelsea and everton, plus improve on our defensive setup, we will win. I'm looking forward to games again now. I feel like we are now coming together as a team a little. Our passing has improved massively in the last two games. Shore up the defensive by picking the same players, and improving on recent mistakes...and we'll start to do well.

-------------------Lloris---------------------

Naughton---Kaboul---Vertonghen---Rose

------------Capoue----Dembele------------

--Townsend------Lamela-----------Chadli--

------------------Adebayor------------------

It's an experiment. If we lose, we know whose fault it is we're losing games

Would like to hear your reasons why you'd go for this team and make so many wholesale changes? No Eriksen, Kane, Soldado, Davies, Mason etc.

This match will be tough believe me. I think we will have to be very patient, in fact I think we may need a penalty to break the deadlock.
1-0 Soldado pen

I think if the commitment and effort shown against Everton is there from the get go the boo boys will be more patient than usual.

This match will be tough believe me. I think we will have to be very patient, in fact I think we may need a penalty to break the deadlock.
1-0 Soldado pen

Indeed; I think last season was maybe the first time we had beaten Palace at home in the Premier League.

I would certainly take that 1-0 penalty win if offered tbh.

We will have to be very wary of the pace they have on the break. One thing in our favour might be that I can't remember Warnock having won a PL match at WHL; Any Sattos, can you confirm?

-------------------Lloris---------------------

Naughton---Kaboul---Vertonghen---Rose

------------Capoue----Dembele------------

--Townsend------Lamela-----------Chadli--

------------------Adebayor------------------

It's an experiment. If we lose, we know whose fault it is we're losing games

That's about the worst team we can put out! Replace Vertonghen with Chirices and we're all set! Why on earth does anyone want Dembele in the line-up? He's been worse than awful every time! ATM Paulinho is about 10 times better!

I'd go with:

------------------ Lloris ----------------------
Naughton -- Fazio -- Vertonghen - Rose/Davies

------- Stambouli -- Bentaleb ----------

---Lennon ---- Eriksen ---- Chadli

-------------- Soldado -----------------

...............................Lloris

Naughton.........Fazio..........Chiriches...........Davies

...................Bentaleb........Stambouli

Lennon.....................Kane.......................Eriksen

.............................Soldado

Is Mason injured? Why so many teams without him?

Nothing reported as far as I've seen. But he came off against Chelsea looking exhausted and didn't play quite up to his normal standard before that. Might just be that people think it's a big ask for him to start again tomorrow and do well.

Personally I hope him and Bentaleb have the energy for one more game in them (can be rested against Besiktas) as I think we need their passing qualities against Palace.

Is Mason injured? Why so many teams without him?
Think most leave him out because he looked a bit tired after 60 min on Wednesday. Just refresh the team a little. With 4 games in 9 days you need to rotate. Then again, the fact that he got taken off after 60 min might mean he's ready for Saturday.

Nothing reported as far as I've seen. But he came off against Chelsea looking exhausted and didn't play quite up to his normal standard before that. Might just be that people think it's a big ask for him to start again tomorrow and do well.

Personally I hope him and Bentaleb have the energy for one more game in them (can be rested against Besiktas) as I think we need their passing qualities against Palace.

He looked tired all right, but as you say I hope he still has a little more gas in the tank.

If he's out I think I'd go with Dembele to partner Bentaleb. Paulinho and Capoue just don't tickle my fancy and Stambouli is as slow as molasses (or not fit). Eriksen and Lennon wide again and Bob and Kane at the sharp end.

He looked tired all right, but as you say I hope he still has a little more gas in the tank.

If he's out I think I'd go with Dembele to partner Bentaleb. Paulinho and Capoue just don't tickle my fancy and Stambouli is as slow as molasses (or not fit). Eriksen and Lennon wide again and Bob and Kane at the sharp end.

Dembele really doesn't tickle my fancy either. The drop off in quality in our passing play by replacing Mason with him or Paulinho is just shocking. If fit and available I would actually prefer Capoue right now, but probably not likely. Stambouli was a bit slow, but looked better than Paulinho and Dembele have in a long time, but again not convinced. Perhaps Poch can just send Harry Winks out there... :)

Just hoping that Mason getting half an hour off against Chelsea will mean that he's ready, and that 3 starts in 6 days is possible for Bentaleb despite just returning from injury. Big ask though...

Bob and Kane if Kane is ready again. But Poch said Kane was tired even before the Chelsea game after that massive performance against Everton, and he seemed to run himself into the ground again against Chelsea. I would seriously consider Chadli or Lamela and rather give Kane the chance off the bench for the last 30 minutes. Not because he deserves to be dropped, but because he's been so important for us we need him to perform and it's more likely to me that he'll make an impact when others are tiring and he can play with a high intensity for 30 minutes than for him to go for the full game. Similar story with Eriksen actually.

Some big decisions for Poch, luckily he knows more about how the players are actually doing. Whatever he picks I'll be supportive.

Dembele really doesn't tickle my fancy either. The drop off in quality in our passing play by replacing Mason with him or Paulinho is just shocking. If fit and available I would actually prefer Capoue right now, but probably not likely. Stambouli was a bit slow, but looked better than Paulinho and Dembele have in a long time, but again not convinced. Perhaps Poch can just send Harry Winks out there... :)

Just hoping that Mason getting half an hour off against Chelsea will mean that he's ready, and that 3 starts in 6 days is possible for Bentaleb despite just returning from injury. Big ask though...

Bob and Kane if Kane is ready again. But Poch said Kane was tired even before the Chelsea game after that massive performance against Everton, and he seemed to run himself into the ground again against Chelsea. I would seriously consider Chadli or Lamela and rather give Kane the chance off the bench for the last 30 minutes. Not because he deserves to be dropped, but because he's been so important for us we need him to perform and it's more likely to me that he'll make an impact when others are tiring and he can play with a high intensity for 30 minutes than for him to go for the full game. Similar story with Eriksen actually.

Some big decisions for Poch, luckily he knows more about how the players are actually doing. Whatever he picks I'll be supportive.

Fair comments. Personally I think that Stambouli's contributions have been overrated a bit and Dembele's underrated and there's not a lot between them from what I have seen. It will probably be Paulinho if Mason is absent and he doesn't deserve it IMHO.

I would only go with Chadli as one of the front pair, not as left AM or LM. It's not really fair to judge him on the Chelsea cameo but I will. He looked off the pace and more importantly he wasn't putting the effort in. I fear if he was dropped in the left side again we would resurface a lot of issues that were missing in the Everton and Chelsea performances. He has to work harder on his defensive game to be considered down the left again.

Back