• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Crystal Palace OMT***

Same team that beat Everton for me with perhaps the exception of Naughton coming in for Chiriches (though Vlad has done ok, his constant mis-control against Chelsea was poor). If Mason is in need of a rest, then I'd rather see Stambouli in there with Bentaleb, as the guy seems way more capable of passing it out from there than either Dembele or Paulinho. Chadli on for Lennon in the final 30 maybe.

Fair comments. Personally I think that Stambouli's contributions have been overrated a bit and Dembele's underrated and there's not a lot between them from what I have seen. It will probably be Paulinho if Mason is absent and he doesn't deserve it IMHO.

I would only go with Chadli as one of the front pair, not as left AM or LM. It's not really fair to judge him on the Chelsea cameo but I will. He looked off the pace and more importantly he wasn't putting the effort in. I fear if he was dropped in the left side again we would resurface a lot of issues that were missing in the Everton and Chelsea performances. He has to work harder on his defensive game to be considered down the left again.

Yeah, I agree with you. It's just that Dembele's big weakness (passing and particularly moving the ball quickly) is potentially so harmful to the overall play of the team. Against Palace we must move the ball quickly to create space and chances I think, one player not capable of that in central midfield could potentially hinder the whole team a bit. I agree it looks like Paulinho is next in line, he has the same problems. Again I return to Bentaleb and Mason and just how much quality they have compared to the rest when it comes to pass and move...

I think Chadli's work rate has been overstated too, and with other players surely feeling the effects of the fixture list I'm not sure if the impact of including Chadli will be that big... But yeah, if it was up to me I would probably go with Lamela anyway as I think he was really positive against Chelsea.

Davies/Mason/Bentaleb/Kane are all really young, they should all be fine for Saturday provided there are no knocks

Lennon/Soldado need to play.

Naughton in and we will actually have FBs that are FBs.

Poch made a big boob by dropping Solly and changing the formation against the Chelscum imo. Just as we seemed to have settled on a winning team and formation he inexplicably changes it! To drop Solly after the boost of his first in yonks and ask Kane to play up top by himself in a role he is not best suited to was just plain daft. It also nullified our midfield passers by severely restricting the options available to them. Maybe it was because it was Chelski away, but I would certainly have given the same team a chance to further bed in and establish themselves as our first choice.

So, please learn from this Poch. No more needless tinkering. 442 with Solly and Kane up top. Same as Everton for me, with Naughton replacing Chiriches the only change.

The change of formation was covered extensively in the pochetino thread, you should check it out, most of the points you've made have been argued back and forth there.

If he plays soldado on Saturday it most certainly won't be because he's somehow learned from a "mistake"! Chelsea away and palace at home are two completely different fixtures!!!

----------------------lloris
naughton----fazio-----vert----davies
lennon-----mason---bentaleb---eriksen
----------------soldado---kane

chadli subbed on upfront at some point.

Surely, this is a must-win match for us. After the humiliating loss to Chelsea, we need to bounce back quickly. Since this is a London derby and we are playing at home, we need to put up a good performance and get a comfortable win. Anything other than that will be another black mark on Pochettino and his managerial capabilities.

Surely, this is a must-win match for us. After the humiliating loss to Chelsea, we need to bounce back quickly. Since this is a London derby and we are playing at home, we need to put up a good performance and get a comfortable win. Anything other than that will be another black mark on Pochettino and his managerial capabilities.
So If we lose it's the managers fault, and if we win, the players are magnificent....

Behave, There are no easy games in this league and your attitude of nothing other a comfortable win will do highlights everything that is wrong with our fans' support at the Lane....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Closing in on being a must-win if we want to be in with a realistic shout of grabbing 4th this season.

A comfortable win though... That seems like an expectation that's just setting the team up to fail.

Buzzing for today, had a brilliant week, meeting a few pals who are Palace fans at Liverpool Street, I fancy it being the Kane and Bobby S show today

4-1 COYS !!!

Buzzing for today, had a brilliant week, meeting a few pals who are Palace fans at Liverpool Street, I fancy it being the Kane and Bobby S show today

4-1 COYS !!!

Good stuff marky! :)

I've been looking forward to this since just about the final whistle against Chelsea. Hope the team is as up for it as we are...

COYS! :)

Just realised that we actually have a very poor record against Palace in the league at home, winning just 1, drawing 4 and losing 3 of our last 8 matches. But that only win came last season when Eriksen and Defoe scored to give us a 2-0 win. Hope we can continue that winning run today. Despite winning against Everton last week, we still need to improve further our mediocre record at home. To do that we have to start beating teams like Palace at home, regardless of our bad record against them.

Want to see Kane and Eriksen continue their recent goal run. Disappointingly, both didn't make much impact against Chelsea. But they should be looking to make bigger impact against Palace, especially Eriksen. He has done well to score 5 goals so far. But he also should be creating more chances for the team as he has yet to get an assist so far. Hope Chadli will return as he is afterall our top scorer in the league. Soldado did well to score his first league goal of the season against Everton. Now he should be trying to score again if he gets a chance. Will be very disappointed if we don't get atleast a goal from the above four players.

Somehow feel that Dembele and Paulinho should start this game. Paulinho has done well in the games he was involved recently. I think he would be fired up to prove his worth. Not sure if Dembele has a long term future with us. But want us to make use of him as much as we can before trying to sell him. Want to see Lamela start as well but hope he will be more composed. I think Lamela needs to calm down more when passing or dribbling. In fact, want to see Lamela shoot more instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

Our defence have been conceding too many stupid goals this season. But will be very annoyed if we can't keep a clean sheet against Palace. I think Pochettino should tell the defence to concentrate on safety-first football instead of trying to be too clever. In fact, don't want any of our defenders to help out in attack as long as we can't stop conceding goals !

Hope we will bounce back from the disappointing defeat to Chelsea, by putting up a erection inducing performance and win !

Any official team news yet ?

Really annoyed that Foxsports Asia are not showing this match live in Asia. Instead they are showing the relegation battle between QPR and Burney ! Who can blame them when people tend to watch the best at the top and the worst at the bottom more ! No one ever cares about the mediocre teams in the middle which includes us now. Wish we will stop being a mid table mediocrity and start winning matches to move up into the top 6. Anything other than a win against Palace will be unacceptable !

Back