• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City OMT***

The ultimate, boring question as always is: Would you rather win the FA Cup this season or play in the CL next?

I think we can manage both, if we dump the EL as a priority.

Winning the EL and getting into the CL? A lot harder, but still possible.

Winning the EL, FA Cup and finishing in the top four? That would rank as one of our finest-ever seasons, and frankly is a bit too much to hope for.

Ergo the competition prioritizing.

The ultimate, boring question as always is: Would you rather win the FA Cup this season or play in the CL next?

Christ your not serious? One doesn't affect the other if the manager juggles rotation correctly which, hopefully, AVB can.

Christ your not serious? One doesn't affect the other if the manager juggles rotation correctly which, hopefully, AVB can.

Actually I think it's either FA Cup or Europa League.

One needs 8 extra games to win. The other.. 5 I think. It would be brutal do challenge on both fronts. Don't have the squad for that.

I might be wrong here, but as far as I can see, Tottenham Hotspur have never lost a home FA Cup match to lower league opposition in our history.

Tottenham Hotspur FA Cup Records 1894-95 to 2012-13

That looks suspiciously like a jinx! Just joking, if our 2nd team plus Bale and probably Defoe can't cope with Coventry at home, we don't deserve to be in the Cup!

Without a doubt, this match will bring back memory of the 1987 FA Cup Final. That Spurs side of 1987 must be one of the best ever English side never to win the FA Cup. With the likes of Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles and Clive Allen in the team, it looked impossible for them to lose to Coventry in the Final but somehow they did. It must be one of the greatest ever FA Cup upset. It showed anything is possible in FA Cup. Coventry will be boosted by that win as it was their only trophy in their history. So, we cannot take this match lightly. If possible, want us to play our best available players.

I think the need to win back the FA Cup should be as important as qualifying for CL. That means playing our best team to get the best result. With us not winning the FA Cup since 1991, we should not take unnecessary risks in this match. We shouldn't rest any players unless they are injured or tired. The only one we should consider resting is Dembele who is injury prone. Don't think others need rest including Sandro and Lennon who have played almost all the matches for us this season. 9 days rest before the next match is more than enough for them.

After the way we lost to Norwich in the League Cup, we should be carefull about Coventry. We need to get an early goal to settle us down and a second goal to make it safe. The more this match goes without us scoring, the more pressure it will get to us. Hope we practise penalties as well. Don't want Dempsey to take another penalty after the way he missed against Norwich. Adebayor and Defoe are not good penalty taker as well. I wonder if Bale can take penalties as he seems to be very clinical in front of goal this season.

Just hope we turn up for this match with the right mentality. It is easy to get complacent against teams like Coventry. But as the 1987 FA Cup debacle showed, all teams are equal and are capable of pulling off great upsets in FA Cup. We should be looking to continue our recent good form. Since we are playing at home, there is no excuse whatsoever why we cannot win this match and progress to the next round.

Actually I think it's either FA Cup or Europa League.

One needs 8 extra games to win. The other.. 5 I think. It would be brutal do challenge on both fronts. Don't have the squad for that.

Course we've got the squad what's wrong with ya?!! AVB needs to get it right in terms of resting and we'll be fine.

Wich games are televised in the UK? In Norway its Brighton-Saudi Sportswashing Machine, peterborough-norwich, soton-chavs, west ham-man utd

I'm trying to find a way to watch it as well - i guess the most likely chance would be to register with a betting site that allows you to watch it there. I'm not sure there will be any normal rivers. I'm not much of a gambler - does anyone know if this is possible?

Wich games are televised in the UK? In Norway its Brighton-Saudi Sportswashing Machine, peterborough-norwich, soton-chavs, west ham-man utd

I don't think there will be many TV stations showing our match live. They are only showing matches in which there is a chance of upset.
But if anyone knows of any working river, do PM the link pls.

Friedel

Naughton Caulker Dawson Benny

Townsend Parker Carroll Bale

Ade Dempsey

3-0

Strong side. Should be good enough. Personally I think he may play Vertonghen for some reason. Also I can see Sig starting too. Definitely Brad, Benny, Parker, Bale will start in my view. I think Gallas might too.

Im usually all for consistency at the back but the way AVB has rotated his CBs means Im quite happy for us to rotate now knowing none of them should be rusty.

Im guessing his line up will be:

---------------------Friedel---------------------
Naughton---Gallas---Vertonghen------Ekotto
-------------Parker-----------Carroll----------
-----Townsend-----Sig---------------Bale----
-------------------Adebayor-------------------

a lot of experience in that side. Brad, Gallas, Verts, Ekotto, Parker, Bale, Ade

Everybody dance now!

Our Cup matches used to be very entertaining before. It became very unconvincing under Redknapp. Hope AVB will make it entertaining again. Hope we will put up a confidence-boosting performance and win convincingly.

What I want to see today

- Andros terrorising defenders
- Benoit start
- Benoit score
- Clean sheet
- Saudi Sportswashing Machine lose

Back