• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City OMT***

There you go...

A1522.jpg

A1523.jpg

Look! Look! There's the old Shelf in the background :cry:

Were the white stripes always on that brown kit? I have a vague recollection of all brown with no white trim?

Statto, you have any photos of the game at Highfield Road (Boxing Day circa 1985 I think) when we had to play in a Coventry strip? Or am I imagining that?

I do believe we won that game....happy days when you could just roll up and get in, no advance tickets needed

Statto, you have any photos of the game at Highfield Road (Boxing Day circa 1985 I think) when we had to play in a Coventry strip? Or am I imagining that?

I do believe we won that game....happy days when you could just roll up and get in, no advance tickets needed

Was that the game when the ref didn't like Spurs' white & blue kit (which was perfectly OK for the FA Cup Final) and didn't fancy our blue second strip?

We played the match in Coventry's yellow kit.

First I've heard of that.

Ive done a bit of research.

December 27th 1986. Spurs home kit all white away kit sky blue clashes with city's stripes kit (funnily enough no problem for the cup final).

Apparently the ref wouldn't let us wear the navy third kit so we wore city's yellow!

Was that the game when the ref didn't like Spurs' white & blue kit (which was perfectly OK for the FA Cup Final) and didn't fancy our blue second strip?

????????

You thieving magpie!

:D

Actually, I think we lost that one 3-4. I understand Coventry are going to show up for the game in a retro cup winning kit. Might be a nice money spinner for them.... with us in all white it will look pretty cool I think. Was a huge deal for them, their only major honour, so I don't mind them celebrating the event a little. Just so long as we turn them over on the pitch!

Last edited:

I don't remember that, has anyone got some pictures?

----------------------Freidel-------------------------
Naughton------Gallas--------Caulker------Ekotto?/Verts
---------------Parker-------Huddlestone------------
-----Falque-------Siggurddsson----------Townsend
----------------------Adebayor-----------------------

Bench: Lloris, Dawson, Sandro, Lennon, Bale, Defoe, Dembele, Moutinho

Not sure about Hudd, based on what AVB sees on training ground, might be Carroll or Livermore

I'd put Dempsey to start, probably instead of Falque

Dawson instead of Gallas, lower level side, likely to be more route one brick, Dawson good at that.

We need to be careful. Coventry are on a good run at the moment.

True, but hopefully we will have a lot of experience with Friedel, Gallas, Parker and Ade (in my team)

I'd like to see Falque and Townsend grow into good replacements or alternatives to Lennon and Bale. But yes there is a compromise. Maybe play one of Bale or Lennon also. AVB will probably play both. He'll switch up the keeper, cb's and Parker will get a game for sure.

True, but hopefully we will have a lot of experience with Friedel, Gallas, Parker and Ade (in my team)

I'd like to see Falque and Townsend grow into good replacements or alternatives to Lennon and Bale. But yes there is a compromise. Maybe play one of Bale or Lennon also. AVB will probably play both. He'll switch up the keeper, cb's and Parker will get a game for sure.

I think Bale will play, has had a weeks break, plus we dont play for another 9 days after this, maybe Falque on the right, might be too soon for Townsend after his illness.

.................Freidel..................
Nuaghton..Dawson..Caulker...BAE
Falque..Parker...Sigurdsson...Bale
...........Dempsey..Defoe..............

Subs. Lloris,Vertonghen,Walker,Lennon,Adebayor,Sandro,Carroll

2-0

How about BBC London Radio radio stream? It's how I enjoy most Spurs games that I can neither watch live at the stadium or on tv.

----------------------Friedel-------------------------
Naughton------Gallas--------Caulker------Ekotto
---------------Parker-------Huddlestone------------
-----Falque-------Siggurddsson----------Townsend
----------------------Adebayor-----------------------

Bench: Lloris, Dawson, Sandro, Lennon, Bale, Defoe, Dembele, Moutinho

Not a bad reserve team (apart from Ade) what?

Like Jenas, what does Moutinho do?

I'm deeply worried the menagerie on their club crest trumps our own collection of totems.

A black elephant with first aid badge carrying a castle, a phoenix and some sort of big cat. Little wonder they did us over in 1987.

If I were a badger I'd say in my sett.

Not happy.

That badge is bad-ass.

I was at wembley in 1987, dammit. Result IMO depends on how the club treat this, if this is a serious club target, we'll win it. I hope it is a serious target, i want to see us at Wembley again, and win it.

I get the feeling we'll go in all guns blazing in a cup competition this season.

The problem is, I'm almost completely sure that our squad has neither the depth nor the experience to be able to fight across three fronts, especially when one of those is the notoriously demanding Europa League, with fixtures against Lyon and then potentially Inter soon to come. The club will probably have to choose between the FA Cup and the EL if we want to legitimately pursue a top-four place. And I'm rather worried that AVB, bearing in mind his success in the EL last time out, might decide the FA Cup isn't worth pursuing.

All this could change, of course, if we get two top-class performers in this window. IF we sign, say, Moutinho and Damiao (just for the argument's sake), then I'd feel confident in the depth our squad would have. But at the moment, it is almost certainly not going to be able to give 100 percent and win games week in, week out while playing in three competitions.

Back