• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City OMT***

----------------------Freidel-------------------------
Naughton------Gallas--------Caulker------Ekotto?/Verts
---------------Parker-------Huddlestone------------
-----Falque-------Siggurddsson----------Townsend
----------------------Adebayor-----------------------

Bench: Lloris, Dawson, Sandro, Lennon, Bale, Defoe, Dembele, Moutinho

Was thinking of the EXACT same team and subs last night ! Should be enough there to take care of this one, although if Dempsey's fit he'd be in instead of Falque for me.

BBC saying Benny and Parker will start.. Not ground-breaking news but good to hear BAE is finally back.

I get the feeling we'll go in all guns blazing in a cup competition this season.

The problem is, I'm almost completely sure that our squad has neither the depth nor the experience to be able to fight across three fronts, especially when one of those is the notoriously demanding Europa League, with fixtures against Lyon and then potentially Inter soon to come. The club will probably have to choose between the FA Cup and the EL if we want to legitimately pursue a top-four place. And I'm rather worried that AVB, bearing in mind his success in the EL last time out, might decide the FA Cup isn't worth pursuing.

All this could change, of course, if we get two top-class performers in this window. IF we sign, say, Moutinho and Damiao (just for the argument's sake), then I'd feel confident in the depth our squad would have. But at the moment, it is almost certainly not going to be able to give 100 percent and win games week in, week out while playing in three competitions.

There is a need for a bit of common sense, you don't play star, high tempo players like Bale and Lennon EVERY game, but to be fair AVB has fielded Europa teams with a certain amount of caution. Carroll and Townsend have had the chance to shine, Livermore kept up with some game time. I'd be happy with a similar approach in the FA Cup. I don't know many teams who have covered themselves in glory by writing off every competition bar the league, but it does feel right that if you go for it in every competition that ambition will stand you in good stead.

To Dare Is To Do, as they say!

There is a need for a bit of common sense, you don't play star, high tempo players like Bale and Lennon EVERY game, but to be fair AVB has fielded Europa teams with a certain amount of caution. Carroll and Townsend have had the chance to shine, Livermore kept up with some game time. I'd be happy with a similar approach in the FA Cup. I don't know many teams who have covered themselves in glory by writing off every competition bar the league, but it does feel right that if you go for it in every competition that ambition will stand you in good stead.

Agree with everything except this bit... grrrr.... it's Audere Est Facere dammit! ;)

Massively underestimated how popular this game would be, wanted to go but can't find a ticket for love nor money.

Has anyone ever had success turning up early on the day and hoping any tickets were returned to the ticket office? Last resort for tomorrow.

I know a couple of people that are Cov fans and they're treating it as a real day out. They expect to be beaten but hope they can get a draw and take it back to the Ricoh.

Apparently they'll be singing Gary Mabbutts name a fair bit too

Massively underestimated how popular this game would be, wanted to go but can't find a ticket for love nor money.

Has anyone ever had success turning up early on the day and hoping any tickets were returned to the ticket office? Last resort for tomorrow.

follow @hotspurtickets on twitter always has loads going through him

Absolutely. I would be happy if we went for the cups as well. Guns blazing, 'Cup team Tottenham', Audere Est Facere and all that.

But my wants don't really count. The chairman's, however, do. And Levy knows that our failure to gain a CL place will seriously jeopardise our ability to keep Bale, and in all probability Sandro, two of our most important performers. So getting that CL spot remains vital. Hence, sacrifices have to be made. Which competition? I don't know, but one of the two, I feel, will have to be foregone. By all means go all out in the other, but we cannot fight on three fronts and expect the squad to be fit and firing come April and May. That's just the reality of the squad we currently possess; full of talent, but it's not evenly spread around.

And I do agree with AVB's considered rotation policy, but I feel that will be dropped pretty soon. The games against Lyon, for example, are not ones where you would play Carroll and Townsend. Ditto Inter, if we get that far (and if they get that far). We'll see a selection policy far more like the one he used when playing Lazio, i.e a majority of established first-teamers with a couple of regular bench players thrown in. Now that will tire the players out, no doubt about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this; against Coventry, he has the luxury of choice. In the upcoming cup games, however, he will not. So the only logical course of action seems to be dropping one of the two.

The ultimate, boring question as always is: Would you rather win the FA Cup this season or play in the CL next?

I want to get to the final at least, no final since 91 is tinkle poor when you consider our history in this competition.

Back