• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa OMT***

proxy.jpg

Was that what Bennett did? Looks nasty. Did I hear the commentary team say there are metal strips in the blue astro behind the goal? Nasty brick!

Happy with the win and performance. But more delighted with keeping our first clean sheet in the league ! Just wish we had scored more goals when they had gone down to 10 men. We should be more ruthless in front of goal. Goals scored would always make much difference at the end of the season. So, we should try to score as many goals as possible. Other than that, should be happy with getting our 4th consecutive league win. And also happy with the fact we didn't let the win over ManU make us complacent against Villa.

I thought the first goal should be credited to Defoe instead of Caulker. It was Defoe's shot albeit off-target which deflected off Caulker into goal. Caulker didn't even know anything about the shot. Too bad if the goal is given to Caulker as Defoe will need the goal more as a striker. It was about time Lennon score his first goal of the season. We always need to score 2 or more goals to win matches nowadays. Not sure if we would have won if not for Lennon's goal. Other than that, really disappointed we wasted other easy chances, especially Dempsey who wasted wasted an open-goal header. At times, we looked like the old Arsenal, always trying to pass the ball into the net. Why can't we score a simple goal instead of trying to dribble around ?

Due credit for AVB for taking the risk by starting Lloris in goal. And Lloris duly give us our first clean sheet in the league. It was refreshing to see a younger goalie in goal, making those clearances and collecting high crosses. He was too eager to impress that he almost let Villa score. But I think he will learn from the experience. Too bad we had to drop Friedel but we simply cannot afford to keep our future goalie on the bench all the time. I think squad rotation will be best for Friedel and Lloris if we don't want to upset both.

Anyway you look at it, you can't help but delighted with winning our last 4 league games and being unbeaten in the last 9 matches overall. Well done AVB and the team. It is nice to get the winning feeling week in week out. This is the right mood we want to be when we play Chelsea next.

Back