• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

Thanks for the replies Gutter, Milo and Jimmy

One more point to add to the above responses, the official Spurs statement made a comment about continuing to work on the project and future-proofing. Given the usual paucity of information, this strikes me as a statement that the revised plans are almost ready.

Wishful thinking? Just look at the relative lack of information in the past. This seems positively loquacious.

Hmmmm ..... future-proofing?.

Might that be having a room available for all the trophies we're going to win?

future-proofing

I would hope that means that if they go with 56k they can easily increase the capacity. I would also hope that Should safe standing become a reality that it would easy to implement, especially in our home Shelf area. It could also mean that the stadium can be multi use. So as to maximise its usage. Anything to increase income and turnover. Also lets hope the design can stear away from the Emirates blueprint. Its easy to build a more unique roof and exterior.

I would hope that means that if they go with 56k they can easily increase the capacity. I would also hope that Should safe standing become a reality that it would easy to implement, especially in our home Shelf area. It could also mean that the stadium can be multi use. So as to maximise its usage. Anything to increase income and turnover. Also lets hope the design can stear away from the Emirates blueprint. Its easy to build a more unique roof and exterior.
My understanding is that one of the reasons for the redesign was to avoid building an Emirates-lite

That is just what they tell us. I'm fairly confident that if the business case for an Emirates II was right then it would go ahead. The changes will be to make it more profitable, either through increased capacity, increased versatility and/or making it distinctive to attract a sponsor or new owner.

prof (coys admin):

Galahad hears that DL is currently deep in negotiations with a Fortune top 50 company to Purchase the stadium naming rights. A nine figure sum has been mooted

:-$

A nine figure sum, eh ? That narrows it down nicely.... could be $100,000,000 or £900,000,000.... :-k

A nine figure sum, eh ? That narrows it down nicely.... could be $100,000,000 or £900,000,000.... :-k

It would probably be under £400m, as that's the full cost of the stadium.

£100-200m for 10-20 years most likely?

10m a year seems way too low if you ask me.

10m a year seems way too low if you ask me.

But its the long term tie-in that is hard to get, and which the loan companies will require.

I think Arsenal only got £5m a year for the stadium for the first decade with Emirates (they had more on the shorter deals on the shirts).

Not sure which Fortune 500 I'd prefer, but at least it won't be Archway Steel Stadium

The AIG sponsored White Hart Lane???

Don't AIG have ties to UTD?

But its the long term tie-in that is hard to get, and which the loan companies will require.

I think Arsenal only got £5m a year for the stadium for the first decade with Emirates (they had more on the shorter deals on the shirts).

It is a few years old but this article on naming rights is an interesting read.

I'm confusing AIG with AIA and/or AEG I think.

AIG - used to be on United's shirts.
AIA - used to be a part of AIG, and are our current shirt sponsors.
AEG - linked with buying the Club, and were our co-partners in the Olympic Stadium bid.

AEG used to be run by Tim Leiweke, who now runs MLSE the owners of Defoe's new club.

I have a Aga does that count?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Back