• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

This is a friend of a friend anecdote, so take as many pinches of salt as you think necessary.

A mate of mine met one of the new architects at a party recently. He said that the original design was ditched because it was not distinctive enough and too similar to the Emirates. I'd take from this that there is going to be a pretty substantial redesign.

I don't think there was ever any detailed drawings originally. I think Levy got a mate to do a few models, a few artists impressions. I think its only recently with populous coming in have they really ever got serious and blagged it till then.

I don't think there was ever any detailed drawings originally. I think Levy got a mate to do a few models, a few artists impressions. I think its only recently with populous coming in have they really ever got serious and blagged it till then.

:~

It was designed by KSS who have a reasonably impressive track record

http://www.kssgroup.com/sport.php

The alternative would be wasting money on something that isn't guaranteed to happen. Once the CPO comes through Archway will first have to relocate (and who knows what kind of deadlines they'll be given), then the lot can be cleared and all the necessary documents put together, although I'm sure they'll already have spoken with companies that are likely to submit bids. A project this large and complex isn't put together in a couple of days.

I would put my house on it being guaranteed. They don't relocate 'insert number' local business only for one to hold up this type of regeneration (Goons had many more CPOs). What ****es me off is that twunt Politician is taking so long over. Its all a done deal and he could sign it off whenever he wanted too.

But like I said.. why should there be a need to wait 8 months for it to go to tender. Infact, weren't there rumours that it was already out, and that a Spanish company and a British company had joined forces.

I would put my house on it being guaranteed. They don't relocate 'insert number' local business only for one to hold up this type of regeneration (Goons had many more CPOs). What ****es me off is that twunt Politician is taking so long over. Its all a done deal and he could sign it off whenever he wanted too.

But like I said.. why should there be a need to wait 8 months for it to go to tender. Infact, weren't there rumours that it was already out, and that a Spanish company and a British company had joined forces.

There will be much red tape to get through AFTER the CPO has been granted before anything can be sent out. I assume the club must wait for the land to be theirs before they can submit planning applications, these being a lot more detailed than the last time.

What does that mean? Is it keeping the underlying design/architecture/engineering, but just slinging a superficial cladding of some kind on top to give it a distinctive look?

Exactly that - it's just aluminium cladding.

Can make a difference though - that snake stadium posted on here looks like a standard bowl with a skin (and a bit of extra building for the head).

I think the explanation is probably that the process works as a series of phases and we're moving from one phase to the next. Perhaps you could characterise where we are is at the transition from the planning phase to the execution phase.

So, we're just moving out of the phase of land purchase/CPO (the metalworks rubber-stamp being the last of that) and of agreeing institutional financing in principle (the last step of which was the £40m loan last week.)

In the new execution phase we're entering, financing goes from being in principle to funds actually being available to draw down. We move from a soft design (pretty drawings) to nailing down the dirty detail of actual blueprints. Once that's done, we tender for builders, negotiate naming rights off the back of the final design, agree final details with community/government/transport/local authority/planning etc, and try to find some place to play in 3 seasons time.

In this context, the construction tender probably can't go out any sooner than 6 months, and even if 6 months seems like an annoying/needless delay it probably isn't because there's a bunch of other stuff to do in the meantime anyway.

I definitely do think there's been a shift between these two phases in recent weeks.

This thread is utterly depressing :( Still no ground and now a possibility that we will have to ground share with MK Dons.

This thread is utterly depressing :( Still no ground and now a possibility that we will have to ground share with MK Dons.

Why depressing?

I find it exciting.

Sounds as though the financing is sorted - or very nearly.

A new, hopefully better, design in the pipeline.

And construction likely to start within the next twelve months.

So much to look forward to.

Why depressing?

I find it exciting.

Sounds as though the financing is sorted - or very nearly.

A new, hopefully better, design in the pipeline.

And construction likely to start within the next twelve months.

So much to look forward to.

Its depressing because it feels like we were at this stage 2 years ago

Chin up. For many years Brighton fans would have been similarly depressed at the inordinate length of time their stadium was taking to materialse.

Now look at them, all pumped up with the best new stadium in the land.

Only for those who haven't been following what's been happening.

It was always going to take a long time. But all indications suggest that we really are nearly there now.

Are they architect drawings to which to build from or are they Architect sketches.

They are detailed, scaled, technical drawings. Other information may be needed for building, but I don't think they could be fairly characterised as sketches.

There will be much red tape to get through AFTER the CPO has been granted before anything can be sent out. I assume the club must wait for the land to be theirs before they can submit planning applications, these being a lot more detailed than the last time.

This is something that puzzled me. I would have thought this was a requirement, but clearly it is not as we have an approved planning permission for the stadium and Archway Steel would be located in the southern penalty area (allowing for some artistic licence).

If I applied for planning permission that included renovating my neighbours house, I'd expect some obstacles to approval.

This is something that puzzled me. I would have thought this was a requirement, but clearly it is not as we have an approved planning permission for the stadium and Archway Steel would be located in the southern penalty area (allowing for some artistic licence).

If I applied for planning permission that included renovating my neighbours house, I'd expect some obstacles to approval.

As I understand it you can submit planning applications subject to sale/purchase of land & property?

I’ll always love Spurs, says fan blocking new Tottenham stadium

A Tottenham Hotspur fan today told of his heartache at being the last barrier to his club’s planned £100 million new stadium.

Josif Josif, 46, runs Archway Sheet Metal Works next to White Hart Lane on the final piece of land needed to expand the stadium.

Spurs have been trying to buy the 25,000 sq ft site in Paxton Road for more than 10 years.

Mr Josif, who owns the firm with his four brothers and sister, began going to games when he was 12.

Their firm has appealed against a public inquiry’s finding in April last year that Haringey council should issue a compulsory purchase order on behalf of the club. The decision now lies with the Department for Communities and Local Government, which was due to rule in October.

Mr Josif is demanding a better deal involving a land-swap so that the business, which supplies kitchen equipment, can continue to grow.

He said: “It’s really difficult. I’ve always been a Tottenham fan and so are two of my brothers. We used to have a box there and I remember going to watch in the days Osvaldo Ardiles was a player.”

Asked about the attempt to force his firm to relocate, he said: “The club has been going for a long time and it doesn’t change my love for the club. But the ownership is different and so you find yourself having to distinguish between the two.”

His legal team are threatening to take the DCLG to the High Court and even the Supreme Court if it rules in Tottenham’s favour.

Club chairman Daniel Levy said the new stadium was key to regenerating the area.

A DCLG spokesman said: “We have not made a decision yet.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ill-always-love-spurs-says-fan-blocking-new-tottenham-stadium-9243332.html

-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure about the accuracy of the statement that a public inquiry found "that Haringey council should issue a compulsory purchase order". As I understood, Haringey decided to apply for the CPO; there was an inquiry to consider the facts and the Secretary of State is now considering the results of the inquiry.

Back