• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

I think the FA would love that idea as it would mean a massive turnout at Wembley and more money in their pockets

how can they expect people to travel to Milton Keyens to watch us play? unless they are planning on making my ST free that year i wouldn't even consider it

The only concrete mention of MK was when the club sent some people to have a look at their ticket system. Would seem it was a success as we now use our membership cards.

I think people put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5

I know Spurs go to Arsenal regular to see how their club level works and note their hospitality levels (which are amazing). With MK Dons as mentioned their ticket system is one that alot of clubs envy so hence that visit.

As I mentioned earlier, the two options are to remain and build round which will see a loss of initial revenue or hand over the ground to developers and go for broke which will mean a ground share. The club are weighing up time/cost/revenue loss.

Assuming old plans are still valid then we would only need to move for one season if we don't want to play in a half built stadium. Wouldn't be against either option really as it would mean the juicy new stadium is on its way.

other thing by selling property back to enic means it will defo go ahead the we will be committed to significant redevelopment of the area.

Wembley is an interesting option

- Could allow us to work through a season on the stadium (finish faster)
- I'm sure the FA will figure out some loophole (limit tickets to 45-50K at Wembley), they get more money, can play as they are helping us regenerate our area, we make more money.

I'm sure it's just a consideration at this point, but good to see the club looking for smart options.

Wouldn't it be fun to play scum at Wembley, but only give them 5,000 tickets because of 'safety concerns' ?

Could we not play home matches:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Man U, Liverpool, (West Ham if not relegated by then) + say Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Sunderland, Aston Villa at Wembley
+ all of the others at Watford
for a season?

Would sell out for a NLD (well, maybe only 70k to Spurs fans but I say we allocate Arsenal 5k regardless ;), and although we would be woefully short for the Watford matches at least frequent use of a 90k stadium would satisfy general demand for the fans who a handful of times a year?

10 games at Wembley = about 800k home tickets a year.
Watford would allow about 15k home tickets, that's 150k league tickets a year.
Pretty much 1m home tickets in total.

Compare to 30k home tickets at WHL, about 600k home tickets a year.

Heck, could even drop to about 5 matches at Wembley and could sell the same number of tickets overall.

but would the beer still be ****??

Not quite.

In addition to acquiring the non-core properties and financing the Phase 1 build, ENIC has supported the Club by way of an interest free, unsecured loan of £40m.

Cool, 10% of what the stadium would cost. It's a start. But I await what lays beneath. I'll hold my hands up and say fair play, if ENIC come out of this with nothing other than an improved asset. Also, it should be the local council that should be gaining from cpo's and Tottenham only gaining through the stadium site.

I think people put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5

I know Spurs go to Arsenal regular to see how their club level works and note their hospitality levels (which are amazing). With MK Dons as mentioned their ticket system is one that alot of clubs envy so hence that visit.

As I mentioned earlier, the two options are to remain and build round which will see a loss of initial revenue or hand over the ground to developers and go for broke which will mean a ground share. The club are weighing up time/cost/revenue loss.

Sounds like the inside track. What department do you work in mate?

Cool, 10% of what the stadium would cost. It's a start. But I await what lays beneath. I'll hold my hands up and say fair play, if ENIC come out of this with nothing other than an improved asset. Also, it should be the local council that should be gaining from cpo's and Tottenham only gaining through the stadium site.

£40m is £40m - a **** of a lot of money regardless of the percentage cost of the stadium that it represents. Don't knock it.

What will ENIC get in return? A greater shareholding of THFC for starters.

And a much more valuable club as a consequence of the stadium project being enabled.

As to CPO's, it's not a question of either the council or Spurs gaining. It's a question of whether or not the project as a whole is in the public interest.

But Enic already own over 90% of the club so it's not a drastic increase.

Tottenham Wanderers: Spurs could play in Milton Keynes as they consider plan for season 'on the road'

EXCLUSIVE: stadiummk could be one of ‘Homes’ as Lane is rebuilt

04 April 2014

Tottenham are considering a radical plan to play an entire season ‘on the road’ while their new stadium at White Hart Lane is being built.

Wembley and the Olympic Stadium are in their thoughts as venues but, most interestingly, stadiummk in Milton Keynes is believed to be an option.

Spurs hope to be able to move into a 56,000-seat venue before the start of the 2017-18 season. During the previous campaign, they would like to stay at White Hart Lane while the stadium is being built but they are also weighing up other possibilities.

The initial view was that Tottenham would target a single stadium for their home fixtures during the 2016-17 campaign but Standard Sport understands they could opt for different grounds depending on the nature of their opponents.

Spurs chairman Levy Tottenham would seek to stage high-profile matches against the Premier League’s top clubs, such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium. Games against teams with lesser appeal might take place at a smaller venue, with the home of League One club MK Dons thought to be in the running. The capacity of stadiummk will be increased to 32,000 in time for next year’s Rugby Union World Cup.

The prospect of Spurs playing home fixtures at the Olympic Stadium is particularly intriguing. The club fought a bitter battle with West Ham for the right to take over the arena after the 2012 Games. West Ham were finally made “anchor tenants” in March last year after the Government agreed to put in an extra £25million towards the costs of making the venue more suitable for football.

To secure a deal to play home games there, Spurs would need to enter negotiations with West Ham and the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), who have agreed to lease the stadium to the Hammers from the 2016/17 campaign. West Ham will pay a £2m year rent and take all receipts from tickets and merchandise at the 54,000-seat ground, though they will share catering and hospitality revenues with LLDC.

Any agreement to use Wembley Stadium, which holds 90,000, would involve talks with the Football Association. Arsenal used the national stadium for their home Champions League fixtures in 1998, with reports at the time indicating they earned more than £1m for each of the three games.

Although they are planning for the future, Tottenham continue to wait for the go-ahead on their proposed new £400m stadium. The necessary funds to finance for the project are believed to be in place but the club still need to be granted a Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) by Eric Pickles, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, in order to move forward. They hope for a favourable outcome later this month.

This would enable them to resolve a dispute with Archway Sheet Metal, a local family-run business whose premises are close to White Hart Lane, and would give the club control of the land they need. Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy says that, if the club are granted the CPO, they anticipate going out to tender for construction late this year.

Spurs would also need a naming-rights deal that would see the ground re-badged. Owner ENIC has poured an extra £40m into the coffers by way of an unsecured loan.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ider-plan-for-season-on-the-road-9238087.html

Who knows what the price of the stadium build really is (Levy I suppose), but the original figure bandied about of £400mil from a few years back has to inaccurate now, and surely that figure would have included the land grab costs and other costs that have now been paid. If the club are aiming for almost zero debt then the construction figure still to pay must be much lower now.
That €40mil loan might well represent a much higher percentage of the remaining construction costs than 10%. Considering we have been almost break-even on transfers in recent years it's likely that we have been paying down the debt with any spare cash we had.

I know it's probably petty but could some opposition argue it's not equal if one side plays us at MK and the other is at Wembley?

what if we agree a deal to play the Arsanal, Chelski, Liverpool, Man Utd and Emirates Marketing Project games at Wembley and the rest at Milton Keynes??? Sounds like a Levy kinda a plan

Tottenham Wanderers: Spurs could play in Milton Keynes as they consider plan for season 'on the road'

EXCLUSIVE: stadiummk could be one of ‘Homes’ as Lane is rebuilt

04 April 2014

Tottenham are considering a radical plan to play an entire season ‘on the road’ while their new stadium at White Hart Lane is being built.

Wembley and the Olympic Stadium are in their thoughts as venues but, most interestingly, stadiummk in Milton Keynes is believed to be an option.

Spurs hope to be able to move into a 56,000-seat venue before the start of the 2017-18 season. During the previous campaign, they would like to stay at White Hart Lane while the stadium is being built but they are also weighing up other possibilities.

The initial view was that Tottenham would target a single stadium for their home fixtures during the 2016-17 campaign but Standard Sport understands they could opt for different grounds depending on the nature of their opponents.

Spurs chairman Levy Tottenham would seek to stage high-profile matches against the Premier League’s top clubs, such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United, at Wembley or the Olympic Stadium. Games against teams with lesser appeal might take place at a smaller venue, with the home of League One club MK Dons thought to be in the running. The capacity of stadiummk will be increased to 32,000 in time for next year’s Rugby Union World Cup.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ider-plan-for-season-on-the-road-9238087.html

who says that the club dont monitor fan forums ;).............hi Danny boy
c0208.gif

Back