• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It’s a shame they’re not on the north side. Detracts quite a bit, both the view of the stadium when coming up the high road and the view from the Sky Walk presumably.

But the revenue probably makes it worthwhile.

I like the idea, don't like the execution.
But odd to build a state of the art £1bn stadium and then diminish it's impact with those.
This has always been part of the bigger scheme.

It also Depends on the finance and planning profile pre building the stadium. Could have been necessities to make the project add up and/or keep the planners happy?

It’s a shame they’re not on the north side. Detracts quite a bit, both the view of the stadium when coming up the high road and the view from the Sky Walk presumably.

But the revenue probably makes it worthwhile.

Only if you are 200m in the air and can see over the buildings on the right hand side. Street level it only really impacts the view if you are walking along park lane.

Only if you are 200m in the air and can see over the buildings on the right hand side. Street level it only really impacts the view if you are walking along park lane.
Are you saying the hotel is not going to change the view?

ths.jpg

(you'll say this is taken from Park Lane...but it's clearly going to affect the view from the High Road, as I said)

I like the idea, don't like the execution.
But odd to build a state of the art £1bn stadium and then diminish it's impact with those.

The 3 towers on the right hand side of the picture are ok/kind of what I was expecting, it's the 3 structures from centre to left that ruin everything.

Are you saying the hotel is not going to change the view?

View attachment 16934

(you'll say this is taken from Park Lane...but it's clearly going to affect the view from the High Road, as I said)

Few different angles

MwJhSgpGSqx4n3JFIsu8YAY4ySoN4zxKp2yKUgtk.png

0_Spurs-hotel-side.jpg

Remember cross rail 2 was meant to be done in 2027 when we designed the stadium. Stopping at northumberland park. So most fanswould be approaching the stadium from the north.

Few different angles

MwJhSgpGSqx4n3JFIsu8YAY4ySoN4zxKp2yKUgtk.png

0_Spurs-hotel-side.jpg

I think it looks decent TBH, yes the view of the stadium is obscured but from one side, if you are a regular visitor how many times do you need to see one specific angle to get your fill.

Unlike the current uproar the moneys already aside for this as per the original planning so doesn't impact future finances available to transfers, thankfully.

All in all another win for the club and the local area which desperately needs accommodation options

I think it looks decent TBH, yes the view of the stadium is obscured but from one side, if you are a regular visitor how many times do you need to see one specific angle to get your fill.

Unlike the current uproar the moneys already aside for this as per the original planning so doesn't impact future finances available to transfers, thankfully.

All in all another win for the club and the local area which desperately needs accommodation options

More importantly jobs.

Likely end up being a version of Hilton or Accor TBF, the club won't run it, someone else will
The manc one is touted as quite posh, though it isn't all that. They have the "sky bar" that's got decent views but is pretty naff imo, at one point was quite a difficult to get into, don't know about now though.
Don't like hilton beds, too hard.

ENIC company Mitchells and Butlers do already have their own chain of hotels - Innkeepers Lodge they are called: https://www.mbplc.com/our-brands/innkeepers-collection/

Enic don't own them.

Back