• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It is very true. The club is big on 'inclusion' for different sexualities. Which is awesome. But there is a more hidden inclusion that needs greater attention. Spurs should be a family, an intimate place where everyone feels part of something. If you're isolated being part of a positive energy in the stadium should fill you up with pride, emotion, and strength. And it is up to the club and fans to develop the atmosphere and narratives. That is not contrived, that is leadership and creating the environment for everyone to feel at home - as we try to for gay supporters too.

Inclusiveness is great and should be applauded. What stops that is the gatekeeping element who believe they are protecting all things support should be, till that mentality changes we will struggle to ever get there.

I my recent experiences which are less than previous years, we are stuck in the middle of being gate kept and being used as a platform for individuals who are keen to push their own ideas on a wide base. Not sure if I missed it, but fans haven't been consulted on a number of new gimmicks which, ok, are harmless but equally if you are in an area are almost forced on fans, as I said earlier I was on the concourse and had to move round because one of the new drummers was knocking out the same tune for 30 mins, by time the fans head out they had shot their load and were quiet and that's not to mention people like me were done in from the same tune over a beer. I think we are trying massively too hard to create an atmosphere when it's not needed.l, what's needed is consultancy at end of year and an option for fans to move to an area where they can be more hard-core, which the ROTSS is attempting. The rests just abit too gimmicky for me

Ah without going too deep into it, you wouldn't believe the fiasco that went on. Every time I brought him, she kicked up a stink and went to the extent of taking his passport to stop him going to a game. Police had to be called at one point.

Why a mother wants to stop a lad doing what he says is his favourite thing in the world to do beats me.
Its obviously not him she's punishing.

....and kids are left to makes sense of this adult nonsense.

Ah without going too deep into it, you wouldn't believe the fiasco that went on. Every time I brought him, she kicked up a stink and went to the extent of taking his passport to stop him going to a game. Police had to be called at one point.

Why a mother wants to stop a lad doing what he says is his favourite thing in the world to do beats me.

She's not stopping him, she's stopping you, she's using him to get at you.

Inclusiveness is great and should be applauded. What stops that is the gatekeeping element who believe they are protecting all things support should be, till that mentality changes we will struggle to ever get there.

I my recent experiences which are less than previous years, we are stuck in the middle of being gate kept and being used as a platform for individuals who are keen to push their own ideas on a wide base. Not sure if I missed it, but fans haven't been consulted on a number of new gimmicks which, ok, are harmless but equally if you are in an area are almost forced on fans, as I said earlier I was on the concourse and had to move round because one of the new drummers was knocking out the same tune for 30 mins, by time the fans head out they had shot their load and were quiet and that's not to mention people like me were done in from the same tune over a beer. I think we are trying massively too hard to create an atmosphere when it's not needed.l, what's needed is consultancy at end of year and an option for fans to move to an area where they can be more hard-core, which the ROTSS is attempting. The rests just abit too gimmicky for me

I use to cringe when they use to play the pre match video a couple of seasons ago, we may aspire to be the greatest team in the world but we aren't and never have been, they're my team that's enough for me and its others that decide if we're the greatest.

I use to cringe when they use to play the pre match video a couple of seasons ago, we may aspire to be the greatest team in the world but we aren't and never have been, they're my team that's enough for me and its others that decide if we're the greatest.
Well quite. I'm happy to let organic support take its course in many ways. The odd Tifo is fine, but you can't manufacture stuff tlike the South Americans have done for decades and it not look naff IMO

She's not stopping him, she's stopping you, she's using him to get at you.
You might be right, but also she probably worries about the boy flying to England and going to a match with a load of drunk men, shouting and swearing and being aggressive. My wife is a bit concerned about the language and behavior. And maybe Deano gets battered and ends up sitting in the gutter near Liverpool Street station, you don't know him ;D (joke)

It is very true. The club is big on 'inclusion' for different sexualities. Which is awesome. But there is a more hidden inclusion that needs greater attention. Spurs should be a family, an intimate place where everyone feels part of something. If you're isolated being part of a positive energy in the stadium should fill you up with pride, emotion, and strength. And it is up to the club and fans to develop the atmosphere and narratives. That is not contrived, that is leadership and creating the environment for everyone to feel at home - as we try to for gay supporters too.

It's not always that simple though, if by nature you're a quiet shy reserved person then you don't suddenly transform when you go to a game however much you might be enjoying yourself.

He is thick too because ching chong derogatory to China and he is Korean (still offensive).....oh and he is gonna lose access to Spurs as a fan because he will be reported

Must admit I read that as ching ching, because those Koreans must be spending a fortune at the games on merchandise.
I wasn't banking on the utter tacotiness of some folks.

It's not always that simple though, if by nature you're a quiet shy reserved person then you don't suddenly transform when you go to a game however much you might be enjoying yourself.

I not suggesting it would transform people, simply that by creating an environment (and culture) that makes the fan base feel as one, collectively part of something win lose or draw, has to be a good thing. I can't say I know definitively how to create that unity, togetherness and atmosphere. But if you at least have that goal there are things that can be tried to foster greater brotherly and sisterly support. Both of the side and of each other.

I not suggesting it would transform people, simply that by creating an environment (and culture) that makes the fan base feel as one, collectively part of something win lose or draw, has to be a good thing. I can't say I know definitively how to create that unity, togetherness and atmosphere. But if you at least have that goal there are things that can be tried to foster greater brotherly and sisterly support. Both of the side and of each other.

It's a good aim but I'm not sure it's possible. 60K people with the only common things being the team they support, doesn't mean they shouldn't try though. I think they are e.g. loud areas for those that want it, family areas etc but they should always be looking to do more. Most of the things people are asking for wouldn't cost much or take up too much time.

Slightly related, I've heard from a few Japanese Spurs fans who went to a game and the first question from the person next to them is "oh you're here for Sonny eh?" 😅 Mostly harmless but a good reminder that often appearance doesn't tell the full story.

Last edited:
Back