• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

It will be interesting to see the communities response. It’s been long in the pipeline and to me that design fits in fairly well - but I don’t have to live with it.

Have to say this sounds not good.
I don’t like the removal of the Senior concession but it would be useful if the club gave some more info on ST holder demographics and how that is likely to impact on ST revenue in coming years (I.e % of adult STs likely to convert to concession) if kept in place.
But introducing a big uplift for carers is not a good look - but again, it’s Premium rather than GA - what are the reasons behind it? Food and drink can’t be that much? End of day, the club are not obliged to justify their commercial decisions, but if they provided a bit more colour it might help diffuse some of the backlash. Not all of course, by any means.

Yeh I would like more details myself before making a full on judgement. Premium comes at a cost and those have increased but I'm not sure it's 50% of the cost of a premium ticket

I don’t like the removal of the Senior concession but it would be useful if the club gave some more info on ST holder demographics and how that is likely to impact on ST revenue in coming years (I.e % of adult STs likely to convert to concession) if kept in place.
But introducing a big uplift for carers is not a good look - but again, it’s Premium rather than GA - what are the reasons behind it? Food and drink can’t be that much? End of day, the club are not obliged to justify their commercial decisions, but if they provided a bit more colour it might help diffuse some of the backlash. Not all of course, by any means.
Has the senior concession been removed or reduced?

The seniors thing makes sense. After 15 years of Tory rule, that demographic are the richest in society now and have much more disposable cash than working age people.

But the carers things if def not a good look

Noticed yesterday all the outside toilets are gone and there wasn't as many food vendors, all to do with the start of this hotel

Anyone read The Athletic's two-part feature on the stadium?

Mostly a pi55-and-moan take written by Arsenal season-ticket holder Charlie Eccleshare. And Cityzen Jack Pitt-Brooke chipped in. Nothing about the joy of fans, the effect of the south stand, or the technical aspects of what makes the stadium special and capable of hosting more than football.

But, ooh matron, big focus on a few construction workers misbehaving on the job. As if that's news in that industry. Or that feelings were hurt with outgoing staff not capable of working at a new level demanded of them by the broadened capabilities of the stadium. That Levy, such a brute.

When you go through it all, you're directed to wonder why Spurs bothered building the place. And invited to make critical comments. Foul reek of Eccleshare's usual negativity all over the article.

Of course, the fact that the new stadium means Spurs are wealthier than they have ever been can't sit well with fans of rival clubs.

Anyone read The Athletic's two-part feature on the stadium?

Mostly a pi55-and-moan take written by Arsenal season-ticket holder Charlie Eccleshare. And Cityzen Jack Pitt-Brooke chipped in. Nothing about the joy of fans, the effect of the south stand, or the technical aspects of what makes the stadium special and capable of hosting more than football.

But, ooh matron, big focus on a few construction workers misbehaving on the job. As if that's news in that industry. Or that feelings were hurt with outgoing staff not capable of working at a new level demanded of them by the broadened capabilities of the stadium. That Levy, such a brute.

When you go through it all, you're directed to wonder why Spurs bothered building the place. And invited to make critical comments. Foul reek of Eccleshare's usual negativity all over the article.

Of course, the fact that the new stadium means Spurs are wealthier than they have ever been can't sit well with fans of rival clubs.
Just look at the face or rival fans when you say that Levy's master plan is a resident NFL team for increased revenue.

You see the same jealous look on their face as my best mate had when I told him about getting a blowie of Jo Guest.

Hate to give credit to our neighbours down the road but I actually like what they’ve done to the emirates re the murals of former players and other bits they’ve done to make it more homely. I hope we consider doing something in the future to update our ground in some way not necessarily just copy what they did.

Been some time since I last went to the stadium

What happened with the standing? Is it still going on? If so is it a small number still?

Hate to give credit to our neighbours down the road but I actually like what they’ve done to the emirates re the murals of former players and other bits they’ve done to make it more homely. I hope we consider doing something in the future to update our ground in some way not necessarily just copy what they did.
I think it just tempts fate for them to be found out as nonces. I can still see a half-heartedly white-washed Rolf-a-roo out of my work window

They have copied us
They hired the same people too

How have they copied us? Not saying they haven’t btw but I don’t see how they have.
Have you been to our stadium (sorry I don’t know if your in the uk)
Their ground used to have nothing anywhere but the few statues outside
They employed the company did our interior design (we use them at work) to come up with designs that “mirror best in class”
It was our stadium
The programmes, the fans areas, the wall art etc…
We look after a LOT of buildings and used to work with these guys

Have you been to our stadium (sorry I don’t know if your in the uk)
Their ground used to have nothing anywhere but the few statues outside
They employed the company did our interior design (we use them at work) to come up with designs that “mirror best in class”
It was our stadium
The programmes, the fans areas, the wall art etc…
We look after a LOT of buildings and used to work with these guys

This can't be right surely?

All of what you are saying happened before our stadium?

Back