• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

It registered with me when the FF list came up - of course, the EL match !. Still not enough of a TV draaw to knock Hull?Stoke off the listings.

It registered with me when the FF list came up - of course, the EL match !. Still not enough of a TV draaw to knock Hull?Stoke off the listings.
The TV companies have to show a minimum amount of each club AFAIK. Spurs QPR is a far bigger draw than Hull Stoke, but that's not the only criterion they use.

If Sky BT could 'cherry pick' they'd go for the Big 5 far more, and also us and maybe Everton Villa and Toon, and most of the others would barely a look in except as fodder when they play the best supported teams.

It's a shame of course that we're not on, but the democratic nature of the Prem with is fairly equal share of TV coverage and money, compared to say La Liga, helps keep the Prem competitive, which in turn helps keep it as the most watched sporting Lge in the world (again AFAIK)

Incidentally I read on another forum lots of tickets for QPR available on Stub Hub, I so hope there's not going to be a quiet apathetic atmosphere tomorrow. You'd think with our new manager and brilliant start ticket holders would be buzzing for this game, but mmm

Last edited:

The TV companies have to show a minimum amount of each club AFAIK. Spurs QPR is a far bigger draw than Hull Stoke, but that's not the only criterion they use.

If Sky BT could 'cherry pick' they'd go for the Big 5 far more, and also us and maybe Everton Villa and Toon, and most of the others would barely a look in except as fodder when they play the best supported teams.

It's a shame of course that we're not on, but the democratic nature of the Prem with is fairly equal share of TV coverage and money, compared to say La Liga, helps keep the Prem competitive, which in turn helps keep it as the most watched sporting Lge in the world (again AFAIK)

Incidentally I read on another forum lots of tickets for QPR available on Stub Hub, I so hope there's not going to be a quiet apathetic atmosphere tomorrow. You'd think with our new manager and brilliant start ticket holders would be buzzing for this game, but mmm

Lots of people are still on holiday.

according to information from a Tottenham local,,.Archway steel were gooners...

if true ..all that about being season holders and big spurs fans was a softener for the club... and a pack of lies!

anyway..,they lost out now innit..................:-"

according to information from a Tottenham local,,.Archway steel were gooners...

if true ..all that about being season holders and big spurs fans was a softener for the club... and a pack of lies!

anyway..,they lost out now innit..................:-"
I saw a televised interview with one of the owners of archway steel who said he was a Tottenham fan and sad that he was holding up the stadium but that he had to do right by his business.

Now I'm sure many would hold out for a higher fee, but lie about being a yid when you are a goober? What's the real point of that?

I saw a televised interview with one of the owners of archway steel who said he was a Tottenham fan and sad that he was holding up the stadium but that he had to do right by his business.

Now I'm sure many would hold out for a higher fee, but lie about being a yid when you are a goober? What's the real point of that?

Obvious innit..10 million quid or whatever they were asking for + being able to say they got more sympathy money being poor Spurs fans losing there work site.

and then laughing in our face...

BTW gooners are notorious at telling lies ...haven't you noticed .....

I cant say 100% the owner was a goon...only what I was told.

I can think of plenty of reasons why Josif would want to give the impression, in public, that his family are Spurs fans. Plays a lot better to the gallery. Makes for better copy. Prevents people from dismissing the merits of your case as mere club rivalry.

He can even back up his claims by pointing out that he took corporate seats at the Lane for a while. That, though, doesn't necessarily make him a Spurs fan. If they could afford it and if it would benefit the company, it would merely be common sense for him to entertain his biggest clients and suppliers slap, bang next door to his factory at a Premier League football ground. There are plenty of other box holders, I don't doubt, who are not Spurs fans but who who use games at WHL to benefit their business.

Obvious innit..10 million quid or whatever they were asking for + being able to say they got more sympathy money being poor Spurs fans losing there work site.

and then laughing in our face...

BTW gooners are notorious at telling lies ...haven't you noticed .....

I cant say 100% the owner was a goon...only what I was told.
I'd heard that they were Spurs fans too but even if they were Gooners, they would have to be bloody stupid to leave their company with less money just to delay us getting a new stadium built.

:-k You know what I mean. How any of us would take a serious financial hit and possibly put our business/job on the line just to spite the Gooners?

Obviously. I was just pointing out that all Gooners are stupid by definition, i.e. they support a team that lied and cheated to move near to us and to get into our top division. Ergo you can't expect them to make rational decisions and keep a business solvent.

Anyway, Archway are probably not Gooners, it just makes a juicy rumour.

With the rumours about a ground share during construction persisting thought I'd share this on here and bring back the debate of the part build, as I really don't fancy a ground tbh unless it's Wembley.

Bilboa: San Mamés Barria (53,332)

Aug 2013

new-san-mames.jpg

f63a6af45661a573935848807e6fc908.jpg

Now

BumLbR1IUAEqz2V.jpg:large

1408995514_481401_1408995589_noticia_grande_zps8167b6cd.jpg

Back