• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

It wouldn't cost less per person?!

Also Bayern Munich recently said something like "why charge fans too much, that revenue stream is tiny compared to every other revenue stream, we may as well just charge a nominal amount or nothing, and ensure the atmosphere is good" so there is every reason to allow safe standing
I don't see many Premier League clubs agreeing, as much as I wish they would. We are about to build a stadium nearly twice the size of our current one. That does not suggest that we think that we need to reduce ticket prices to stimulate demand for tickets.

I don't see many Premier League clubs agreeing, as much as I wish they would. We are about to build a stadium nearly twice the size of our current one. That does not suggest that we think that we need to reduce ticket prices to stimulate demand for tickets.
The increase in revenue will probably come from corporate more than normal seating.

It wouldn't cost less per person?!

Also Bayern Munich recently said something like "why charge fans too much, that revenue stream is tiny compared to every other revenue stream, we may as well just charge a nominal amount or nothing, and ensure the atmosphere is good" so there is every reason to allow safe standing

It would probably cost a bit less per person, as my example illustrated, but I doubt it would be the type of discount fans want.

Clubs in England rely a lot more on matchday revenue than in Germany where there are much larger sponsorship deals, Bayern having more than even United, Real and Barca. Clubs in England typically get a third or more from matchday (£100m a piece for Arsenal and United). The other danger is that the extra capacity with safe-standing would reduce the demand and lead to a general decrease in prices. This would be good for fans, but a financial risk for the clubs. There is incentive for clubs to explore an option that increases capacity without increasing revenue, while carrying a financial risk.

I am under the impression from a few articles i've read that ticketing income is not a main revenue stream of most BPL clubs. TV deals, marketing, sponsorship and corporate hospitality are the main earners.

The emirates generates almost double the income from corporate hospitality for Arsenal as WHL every match day and I believe they are earning almost £2m from this every home game or something along those lines.

Celtic are applying to have safe-standing area at Parkhead. If they get the go-ahead, I know its a different jurisdiction football-wise, but if that happens i think clubs should start lobbying the BPL.

I am under the impression from a few articles i've read that ticketing income is not a main revenue stream of most BPL clubs. TV deals, marketing, sponsorship and corporate hospitality are the main earners.

The emirates generates almost double the income from corporate hospitality for Arsenal as WHL every match day and I believe they are earning almost £2m from this every home game or something along those lines.

Celtic are applying to have safe-standing area at Parkhead. If they get the go-ahead, I know its a different jurisdiction football-wise, but if that happens i think clubs should start lobbying the BPL.
An article from 2013 but...

The booming cash from the Emirates Stadium's 60,000 seats and executive plushness, including the Champions League ties themselves, pushed Arsenal's matchday income to £95m in 2011-12, more than three times that of Spurs at still 36,534-capacity old White Hart Lane. Arsenal made £245m last year, including £85m from TV and broadcasting, which includes Champions League income. Spurs made £144m altogether, a huge gap.

http://gu.com/p/3gvgp

The booming cash from the Emirates Stadium's 60,000 seats and executive plushness, including the Champions League ties themselves, pushed Arsenal's matchday income to £95m in 2011-12, more than three times that of Spurs at still 36,534-capacity old White Hart Lane. Arsenal made £245m last year, including £85m from TV and broadcasting, which includes Champions League income. Spurs made £144m altogether, a huge gap.

I'm pretty sure that most of that bump was corporate.

H'mm. Not inclined to pay too much attention to any of the figures in that article when we know for certain our capacity is not and never has never been 36,534.

H'mm. Not inclined to pay too much attention to any of the figures in that article when we know for certain our capacity is not and never has never been 36,534.
Lol! All of the information, except capacity, is stated in the annual financial reports. Why don't you believe the figures from the clubs financial reports? Maybe you should alert the IRS

Well.......today's the final day that Archway can lodge an appeal against the CPO ruling (if they haven't already done so). Let's hope that the itk from that poster on the Fighting **** (along with the positive noises from glory-glory's own Mattilda Collywobs) is true and that Archway have indeed come to an arrangement with Spurs / Haringey.

If so, it'll hopefully not be too long until we get some sort of announcement. Maybe renders of the new design. Maybe a construction schedule with a definite start date. Maybe even confirmation of whether or not (and where) we'll be playing away from the Lane for a season or two.

Well.......today's the final day that Archway can lodge an appeal against the CPO ruling (if they haven't already done so). Let's hope that the itk from that poster on the Fighting **** (along with the positive noises from glory-glory's own Mattilda Collywobs) is true and that Archway have indeed come to an arrangement with Spurs / Haringey.

If so, it'll hopefully not be too long until we get some sort of announcement. Maybe renders of the new design. Maybe a construction schedule with a definite start date. Maybe even confirmation of whether or not (and where) we'll be playing away from the Lane for a season or two.

Yep I'm hoping today's the day I can start really getting excited about the stadium. A stadium go-ahead would be far far more important than any signing we'll make this summer.

Maybe they'll do a Levy and send a fax through at 23:59:50 tonight!

Seriously though I can't imagine they've found any grounds to appeal the process (the government were so careful about it), and have decided it would be financial suicide for them to take this further.

I'm sure they've just accepted the CPO valuation and are probably a good way down the line with relocating (they are halfway through their 3-month notice to vacate now IIRC).

Sorry........I had a bit of a brain fart. For some reason, I got it into my head that today is Friday. Wishful thinking, sadly!

So tomorrow is the deadline for Archway. My bad.

Maybe they'll do a Levy and send a fax through at 23:59:50 tonight!

Seriously though I can't imagine they've found any grounds to appeal the process (the government were so careful about it), and have decided it would be financial suicide for them to take this further.

I'm sure they've just accepted the CPO valuation and are probably a good way down the line with relocating (they are halfway through their 3-month notice to vacate now IIRC).

Would be just like them to leave it until the last minute! But my guess is that they'd have to have any appeal in by 5pm or 6pm tomorrow. Government departments tend not to be open for business at midnight!

Would be just like them to leave it until the last minute! But my guess is that they'd have to have any appeal in by 5pm or 6pm tomorrow. Government departments tend not to be open for business at midnight!

The government departments I've worked in (but not for) definitely shut down at 4pm on a Friday. It's public sector remember!

Last edited:

For such deliveries Departments will make clear where and when is acceptable - time is logged on receipt. Additionally something vaguer like 1st delivery by Royal Mail on a date.

So today is deadline day, some 'ITK' has been around to the effect that there will be no appeal. Maybe we'll find out today, maybe no news is good news, maybe, maybe, maybe.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more info around this, apart from the earlier ITK stating the issue had been sorted out. Would be nice if it could be backed up by other sources, so we can get some kind of confirmation.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more info around this, apart from the earlier ITK stating the issue had been sorted out. Would be nice if it could be backed up by other sources, so we can get some kind of confirmation.

Archway only have 6 weeks left on their notice to vacate, so even if there's nothing about designs, their old factory should be demolished by November.

First home game tomorrow - maybe some good news for the faithful.

Whoops - it's been a bit of a week - game TODAY.

First home game tomorrow - maybe some good news for the faithful.

Whoops - it's been a bit of a week - game TODAY.

Today? Nah - you were right first time. ;)

Tottenham Hotspur host Queens Park Rangers at White Hart Lane on Sunday 24th August 2014 (KO 13:30)

Back