• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project - CPO Now Granted!!!

The average house price in the area of White Hart Lane now stands at £513,435.

Um, surely that is wrong. There are loads of little flats and crappy housing.

It sounded wrong to me too, but maybe flats aren't counted and a lot of the houses are 'Council houses', which maybe aren't counted either. It does sound ridiculous though, the average price.

But I think the percentage rise is good news for Spurs anyway.

Yes, the numbers are for whole boroughs (note: Chelsea and QPR are the same). Haringey has a large gradient between east (Tottenham) and west (Highgate) so those numbers are pretty meaningless.

Good point. Wonder how much prices have gone up in the area Spurs are buying property?

I suspect not much. There isn't much demand for living on the doorstep of a major construction project that will take a few years to complete.

I suspect not much. There isn't much demand for living on the doorstep of a major construction project that will take a few years to complete.

True, so it's another reason we sooooo need to get this stadium finished.

Think about how large screens can heighten engagement by providing real time stats during the game. Nothing too technical but stuff we discuss on here but made visual and easy to understand at a glance., like how speedometers work.

Polls , real time tweeted could all feature during half time as competitions and sweepstakes, plus something like that "kissing camera" for best dressed fans etc.

I think digital and real time has got. A lot of potential in and post game.

Some kind of decibelometer or something showing the loudest blocks etc, not sure if it would work but worth giving these things a go.

I consider myself a "experienced drink of long standing" and do get annoyed by this ban on alcohol in the seating area and at EUFA games, but I understand the reason there are just too many f****** idiots about who spoil it for everyone. Allowed to drink themselves senseless at games would only lead to more incidents of violence and then further restrictions place on the majority.
The answer isn't to ban drinking, it's to ban those who can't control themselves when they do.

The answer isn't to ban drinking, it's to ban those who can't control themselves when they do.

Precisely.

It's also annoying that whenever anyone puts forward the idea of safe standing in stadiums the ****ing '96' families have to pipe up and everyone just bows to their wishes, despite all the evidence that standing was not the cause of the Hillsborough disaster, it was the poor policing, over crowding and pitch-side fencing that caused the deaths.

Infact, in the South African stadium fire where many died, the fact that the stadium was all-seater was counted as a reason for the number of deaths as crowds of people could not evacuate as quickly in rows of seating as they could have done had there been terracing and also the plastic seats conducted the fire and produced toxic fumes that overcame many people.

Infact, in the South African stadium fire where many died, the fact that the stadium was all-seater was counted as a reason for the number of deaths as crowds of people could not evacuate as quickly in rows of seating as they could have done had there been terracing and also the plastic seats conducted the fire and produced toxic fumes that overcame many people.

I didn't know that.

The notion that people in this country are able to base decisions on facts and evidence has long passed me by. It just doesn't surprise me anymore.

Precisely.

It's also annoying that whenever anyone puts forward the idea of safe standing in stadiums the ****ing '96' families have to pipe up and everyone just bows to their wishes, despite all the evidence that standing was not the cause of the Hillsborough disaster, it was the poor policing, over crowding and pitch-side fencing that caused the deaths.

No politician is going to lose their job through sticking with the status quo. A minister who reintroduced standing and then there was an incident would be toast.

I support safe standing by the way, I'm just setting out why I think that there is so little political support for the idea.

PSV fans:

BvUMKltIcAEgRme.jpg

No politician is going to lose their job through sticking with the status quo. A minister who reintroduced standing and then there was an incident would be toast.

I support safe standing by the way, I'm just setting out why I think that there is so little political support for the idea.

Surely there has to be some legal reason why a group of committed clubs could not take the whole thing to court. The mere fact that large stadiums that are non football are allowed to have standing makes the reason farcical. Also the fact that teams across europe can have standing yet because of one extreme incident we cannot is also ludicrous.

Safe standing is basically the same as current seating. One controlled zone per ticket. So no unlimited overcrowding. Its just that you can stand in front of your seat instead of sitting down.

They need to really think about it as atmospheres in our grounds are getting ridiculous. A Large standing area with safe standing is very different to standing all over the stadium. Could be all season tickets as well I would have thought.

There is not strong interest for clubs to push for safe standing. They can express interest to placate fans, but the bottom line is all-seater are more profitable.

In principle, they could introduce safe-standing as a premium option, but I suspect that would cause a revolution. Fans want cheap safe standing. At best, from the club's perspective, it would be revenue neutral (say three people in front of two seats at two-thirds price). If they could fit two people in front of each seat and charge them 75% then the clubs may should more genuine interest.

This is something for the epl to take up but they would prioritize order before a chaos in order to nog put global tv revenue at risk.

ATM the Prem is doing very well financially, so as people say, there's not much upside in the relevant authorities taking a gamble.

If half empty stadiums became commonplace, and TV started to lose interest, now then ...

No government is going to tackle the drinks issue, they just have to look at what happened in the States. Drugs which are illegal are freely available anywhere in the country and everyone looks the other way. Could you imagine the chaos if clubs tried to stop people they considered to be "over the limit" into grounds? We live in a world where we hope that enough sensible people are around us, but that is just a hope as I see plenty of nutters around.

There is not strong interest for clubs to push for safe standing. They can express interest to placate fans, but the bottom line is all-seater are more profitable.

In principle, they could introduce safe-standing as a premium option, but I suspect that would cause a revolution. Fans want cheap safe standing. At best, from the club's perspective, it would be revenue neutral (say three people in front of two seats at two-thirds price). If they could fit two people in front of each seat and charge them 75% then the clubs may should more genuine interest.

It wouldn't cost less per person?!

Also Bayern Munich recently said something like "why charge fans too much, that revenue stream is tiny compared to every other revenue stream, we may as well just charge a nominal amount or nothing, and ensure the atmosphere is good" so there is every reason to allow safe standing

Back