• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

I think it's simply because they look for any stick with which to beat ENIC and/or Levy. So when Conte says it will take several windows to be able to compete (i.e. it takes time to (re)build the squad he feels he needs), rather than show the patience he is asking for, it is instead interpreted as Conte being unhappy it is taking so long, which equates to 'Levy is penny pinching and not giving Conte what he needs now.'

The trust has lost is bottle because they previously had a fair relationship with Levy and pressure from social media now makes them believe if they are not partially #EnicOut that they are losing traction.

I know for a fact they were worried about a rival unofficial supporters group being formed and rise from protests last year and asked for a sit down with organisers.

They seem like they are trying to tap into too many fan emotions to stay relevant rather than actually listen to what the club have told them previously, ironically a vision they have been tuned into.

I mean for all my bitching and moaning we finished 4th last year and in knockouts of the CL, you would think a group with closer club ties than anyone would be OK with that.

Definitely got an identity crisis

Last edited:

Daniel Levy:

don-draper-madmen.gif

Let's examine the patience thing....

We're all happy watching the world cup...
We then draw with Brentford (who recently beat City at the Etihad and Liverpool at home)..poor first half, blistering second that should have yielded all 3 PTS. (Twitter starts to rumble, things aren't good enough)
Then Villa at home...they were no threat until Hugo spilled, but after he did the response was worrying. We lose 2-0 and meltdown ensues.
That's all it takes for the club fans to eat the club from the inside out. I mean, criticising the transfer window literally on the day it opened wtf...at least they used to wait until the day it closed.

Sadly, That's the patience time frame we are dealing with.

If there's an issue with the mid or long term strategy of the club surely the same was true when we got fourth at the end of last season. Surely it was also true when we spent significant money this summer.

These mid to long term strategy problems are always brought up when there's a short term problem with performances and results.

A good mid to long term strategy will almost always lead to some short term struggles. As will a poor mid to long term strategy of course. A good run is not a good indication of a good mid to long term strategy.

Makes it all seem rather reactive to me.

They are a consumer action group, anything that happens on the football side is out of their remit.

I think they fudged themselves with their OTT demands during the ESL days, I think there is a high correlation of vocal trust members and the ENIC out lot, to get attention they have to toe this line.

Their argument now is basically, “why don’t we spend like City, but we also want cheap tickets, concessions and merchandise”.

Last edited:
Ffs is this about the cheeseroom?

Yeah it’s frustrating but really it just gives an opportunity to a local cheesemonger on the high street.

But perhaps Levy could relax the rules about bringing in one’s own cheeseboard selection. I was not happy losing my unpasteurised wheel of Brie De Meaux at the turnstyle and at half time my stomach rumbles went left unanswered apart from a few oatmeal crackers I had wisely squirrelled away about my person.

They are a consumer action group, anything that happens on the football side is out of their remit.

I think they fudged themselves with their OTT demands during the ESL days, I think there is a high correlation of vocal trust members and the ENIC out lot, to get attention they have to toe this line.

Their argument now is basically, “why don’t we spend like City, but we also want cheap tickets, concessions and merchandise”.

Exactly this, they have scared themselves into a 180 and becoming Enic out because that movement trends on twitter, rather than being right they are not fighting to be relevant

Someone asked them a great question and if they canvassed their member before sending that to the board because any fan group should have joined us thinking with its members...and of course they haven't

Ffs is this about the cheeseroom?

Yeah it’s frustrating but really it just gives an opportunity to a local cheesemonger on the high street.

But perhaps Levy could relax the rules about bringing in one’s own cheeseboard selection. I was not happy losing my unpasteurised wheel of Brie De Meaux at the turnstyle and at half time my stomach rumbles went left unanswered apart from a few oatmeal crackers I had wisely squirrelled away about my person.

Dairylea dunkers you say?

The Club has committed to provide a response in the coming weeks. The Club says it is ‘very keen’ to address the issues raised but, for commercial reasons, will not be able to do this during the transfer window. In the meantime, the Club’s financial results will be released in February, and there will be a statement from Fabio Paratici on the completion of the transfer window. The Club will respond “in full’ to our questions at that point.

We welcome the Club’s commitment to provide the Trust with full answers to these key questions, although would have preferred an immediate response. We will scrutinise the answers, along with the financial results and the report from Fabio Paratici, and will seek answers to any further questions that may arise. We will, of course, share the Club’s full responses to our questions and our analysis of the responses and reports with Trust members and the wider fan base as soon as is possible at that time.

Latest News from the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust (thstofficial.com)

I don't have affiliations to the trust but it's always good to see any kind of non damaging fan activism.

Curious as to what you all think how good collective fan activism should look like and what should they achieve.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I don't have affiliations to the trust but it's always good to see any kind of non damaging fan activism.

Curious as to what you all think how good collective fan activism should look like and what should they achieve.

Activism ….
Well fans should do it the German way if they believe in it
Walk out of grounds
Throw tennis balls on the pitch
Dont turn up but also dont sell your ticket to a tourist
Spend money in the area rather than the ground
Sacrifice something that matters

but what actually happens is you get a random mix of young and old who start off shouting, then get the Stella on the go and start snorting coke of their mates backs

I think they are massively damaging, they are a bunch of entitled whiny clams who the club have no respect for

and the rest of us, who identify as Spurs fans, get tarnished by association

Specific to the trust

1. Executive engagement, You need to understand how to talk to, how to request time from, and the type of questions you will get answers from an executive board with (hint: You don't demand emergency meetings, you don't turn down offers to meet the chairman, you don't demand their resignations). Honestly I've worked for 25+ years for bigger companies than ENIC and I cringe every time I see their attempted interaction (it won't work)
2. Define your mission, they are a fan representation body, stop with the act of caring about the club, they want the classic fan paradox, cheap tickets, cheap merch, buy the best players
3. Give/Get, what is in it for the club? demand, demand, demand, how do they intend to help the club? (it helps when negotiating if you have something to give/offer)
4. Don't damage the brand, last weeks flimflam about being very concerned about the situation at the club? what fudging situation? (5th?) You need to reserve calling out the club in public as a last resort (again, actions that show a total lack of understanding of how to interact with large enterprises)
5. Buy in, this one is important, figure out a way to invest in the club over the years, buy the seat you are demanding. Considering how long they have been around, they should have done it when it was much more economically feasible.

I'll keep the overall fan collectivism to a separate reply

Specific to the trust

1. Executive engagement, You need to understand how to talk to, how to request time from, and the type of questions you will get answers from an executive board with (hint: You don't demand emergency meetings, you don't turn down offers to meet the chairman, you don't demand their resignations). Honestly I've worked for 25+ years for bigger companies than ENIC and I cringe every time I see their attempted interaction (it won't work)
2. Define your mission, they are a fan representation body, stop with the act of caring about the club, they want the classic fan paradox, cheap tickets, cheap merch, buy the best players
3. Give/Get, what is in it for the club? demand, demand, demand, how do they intend to help the club? (it helps when negotiating if you have something to give/offer)
4. Don't damage the brand, last weeks flimflam about being very concerned about the situation at the club? what fudging situation? (5th?) You need to reserve calling out the club in public as a last resort (again, actions that show a total lack of understanding of how to interact with large enterprises)
5. Buy in, this one is important, figure out a way to invest in the club over the years, buy the seat you are demanding. Considering how long they have been around, they should have done it when it was much more economically feasible.

they've been around as long as, if not longer than, ENIC

Specific to the trust

Brilliant post and spot on

For me I would add, garner a mood from the fans as a collective which means you are above the noise. In general its usually the ones with issues who are noisiest but as the protests show there are 300 odd which means there are probably alot more content and therefore silent with the situation. Don't pander to the 300 if its not representative of the overall mood, its reactive and it looks like you are chasing clout

Don't be obstructive just because you believe thats your place in the relationship, its not

Don't chase clout with other clubs fans associations at the expense of your own fans (Liverpool example being one)

Brilliant post and spot on

For me I would add, garner a mood from the fans as a collective which means you are above the noise. In general its usually the ones with issues who are noisiest but as the protests show there are 300 odd which means there are probably alot more content and therefore silent with the situation. Don't pander to the 300 if its not representative of the overall mood, its reactive and it looks like you are chasing clout

Don't be obstructive just because you believe thats your place in the relationship, its not

Don't chase clout with other clubs fans associations at the expense of your own fans (Liverpool example being one)
Liverpool are masters of the complaining though

Back