• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Karen Club....what do they do?

That font might as well be comic sans. Should've done some proofreading before shilling for money.

On something, if anyone, the club should be forking out for. Not sure asking fans who pay the most in British football for more money is the one

They are not necessarily unreasonable questions, at a high level, for a fan group to be asking of its club (entitlement to answers is something else). But at least think about how they are worded, ffs.
Q1. "Will the club share its medium and long term strategy for success, both on and off the pitch?"
A1. "No." [And if the club is feels like expanding] "Strategy and long-term planning are commercially sensitive topics".

Of course they are going to get woolly answers, even more so when they have jumbled lots of questions together.

What is interesting is that I just read on their website their December newsletter (https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thst-news-december-2022) and it says this about fan representation to the club Board :
Since we reported last month, we have received further revised documents regarding the structure, remit and operation of the proposed Fan Advisory Board from the Club. We remain concerned about a number of issues and have sought further changes to the documents. Discussions regarding those outstanding issues are continuing and we have a further meeting with the Club during the first week of January.
The Club has said that it intends to proceed with the launch of the arrangements at the beginning of following week. We will report to THST members following our meeting with the Club and will communicate with you about the Trust’s position on the final documentation.
Given that there is no legal requirement (yet) for the club to do this, and it's unlikely there will be anything until at least next year (and possibly not until the next parliament), this should be seen as a positive move from the club? The devil in the detail and all that, and of course it won't meet what the Trust would ideally like, but it's a progressive step that the club doesn't have to make.

They are not necessarily unreasonable questions, at a high level, for a fan group to be asking of its club (entitlement to answers is something else). But at least think about how they are worded, ffs.
Q1. "Will the club share its medium and long term strategy for success, both on and off the pitch?"
A1. "No." [And if the club is feels like expanding] "Strategy and long-term planning are commercially sensitive topics".

Of course they are going to get woolly answers, even more so when they have jumbled lots of questions together.

What is interesting is that I just read on their website their December newsletter (https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thst-news-december-2022) and it says this about fan representation to the club Board :
Since we reported last month, we have received further revised documents regarding the structure, remit and operation of the proposed Fan Advisory Board from the Club. We remain concerned about a number of issues and have sought further changes to the documents. Discussions regarding those outstanding issues are continuing and we have a further meeting with the Club during the first week of January.
The Club has said that it intends to proceed with the launch of the arrangements at the beginning of following week. We will report to THST members following our meeting with the Club and will communicate with you about the Trust’s position on the final documentation.
Given that there is no legal requirement (yet) for the club to do this, and it's unlikely there will be anything until at least next year (and possibly not until the next parliament), this should be seen as a positive move from the club? The devil in the detail and all that, and of course it won't meet what the Trust would ideally like, but it's a progressive step that the club doesn't have to make.

My opinion is they come off as dingdongs (the trust) and they have no idea of how to engage at this level.

1. Still have not seen a single perspective of how they help the club in any way (what's the give/get here?)
2. The absolutely confrontational statement (after asking for resignations in the past), genuine concerns about the situation at the club? you mean being 5th, 2 points off 3rd, in knockout rounds of CL? fudge me, can you imagine if we actually had problems

Let me have a run at the questions
- medium and long term strategy -> Off-field, The club has spent the last 15 years on the stadium project in an attempt to raise income levels to be competitive with peers, while delayed by Covid, we expect to see that increased income translating to the ability to drive further investment in the team. In the interim the owners have authorized a cash injection last summer to ensure short term signings could be made with the obvious example of Richarlison. Add in an aggressive commercial sponsorship strategy and non-football related events at the stadium we expect to be competitive in the transfer market. On the pitch, the club has continued to invest in players with 9 players in over last two windows and in having a WC manager and training staff appointed, In addition the DoF is looking at all other areas including scouting, medical, etc. for improvements/efficiencies. Measurements can be seen in results (positions, CL qualification, trophies) and financial growth compared to peers

- We cannot respond individually to every statement made by the manager in weekly press sessions, however in general we agree that investment in the team is important, see point 1

- We believe Romero, Kulu, Bentancur, Perisic, Richarlison are very good acquisitions by the club and youth investments like Gil, Sarr, Spence, Udogie as well as academy products like Scarlett, Devine, etc. bode well for the future

So the top 3, I can mutter some bs, really wtf do these people expect as an answer that would actually tell them something?

Re the last question? can I reword this?

- The FA has allowed nation states to fudging sportswash their imagine by making £320B available to invest (Saudi Sportswashing Machine's figures) and you are asking me what we are going to do to compete? you fudging tell me, you tell me how United (2nd biggest club in the world) is going to compete?

My opinion is they come off as dingdongs (the trust) and they have no idea of how to engage at this level.

1. Still have not seen a single perspective of how they help the club in any way (what's the give/get here?)
2. The absolutely confrontational statement (after asking for resignations in the past), genuine concerns about the situation at the club? you mean being 5th, 2 points off 3rd, in knockout rounds of CL? fudge me, can you imagine if we actually had problems

- medium and long term strategy -> Off-field, The club has spent the last 15 years on the stadium project in an attempt to raise income levels to be competitive with peers, while delayed by Covid, we expect to see that increased income translating to the ability to drive further investment in the team. In the interim the owners have authorized a cash injection last summer to ensure short term signings could be made with the obvious example of Richarlison. Add in an aggressive commercial sponsorship strategy and non-football related events at the stadium we expect to be competitive in the transfer market. On the pitch, the club has continued to invest in players with 9 players in over last two windows and in having a WC manager and training staff appointed, In addition the DoF is looking at all other areas including scouting, medical, etc. for improvements/efficiencies. Measurements can be seen in results (positions, CL qualification, trophies) and financial growth compared to peers

- We cannot respond individually to every statement made by the manager in weekly press sessions, however in general we agree that investment in the team is important, see point 1

- We believe Romero, Kulu, Bentancur, Perisic, Richarlison are very good acquisitions by the club and youth investments like Gil, Sarr, Spence, Udogie as well as academy products like Scarlett, Devine, etc. bode well for the future

So the top 3, I can mutter some bs, really wtf do these people expect as an answer that would actually tell them something?

- The FA has allowed nation states to fudging sportswash their imagine by making £320B available to invest (Saudi Sportswashing Machine's figures) and you are asking me what we are going to do to compete? you fudging tell me, you tell me how United (2nd biggest club in the world) is going to compete?

Yep, I agree with all that.

The thing is, with Kat and Martin stepping down from the Trust Board, there was an opportunity to at least try to recover the relationship, such that it was (although of course it was the whole Trust Board that asked for the resignations, not just the co-chairs, but nonetheless, an opportunity missed). They do also frequently get accused of not being aggressive enough and I understand they are being reactive to what their membership expects. But the approach is unprofessional and they are never going to achieve what they want (actually I'm not sure what they really do want, other than to appease their membership).

In terms of how they help the club - I'd say the club does benefit from info the Trust can pass on, and from the Trust's input into certain aspects of matchday planning, ticketing and experience. Plus the club meets (and exceeds) the PL's recommendation of meetings with fan reps this way and it's probably easier to have just one official org to engage with fob off. It is never going to be a relationship of equals however. And I have no issue with a fan organisation at least trying to hold club executives to account, no matter how fruitless a task it might be. But at least do it in a professional manner and not like some spoilt teenagers.

They are a bunch of self entitled pricks. I don't like levy, I don't like Enic, but who i despise is this mob. They do not represent us fans GTFO

Last edited:
Agree with the sentiments above. These guys come across as thinking their status is way higher than it actually is, even though some of the questions arent unfair and are ones regularly discussed on here

Agree with the sentiments above. These guys come across as thinking their status is way higher than it actually is, even though some of the questions arent unfair and are ones regularly discussed on here

A huge difference between our navel gazing on here and actually demanding answers from the business.

Fans don’t have a right to a successful team.

As per Raziels post above they aren't asking anything that is going to give them the answers they want -

Spot on.

For me the medium and long term strategies seem as good and as clear as one can expect.

Shorter term there is the issue of Conte's contract and commitment. Kane's contract. But that's kind of what footballing life is.

The THST and the supporters most up in arms on the socials seem to be very much in the Conte camp yet don't seem to have the patience to go along with his assessment that it's going to take several windows to get the squad in shape - it doesn't really make sense

The THST and the supporters most up in arms on the socials seem to be very much in the Conte camp yet don't seem to have the patience to go along with his assessment that it's going to take several windows to get the squad in shape - it doesn't really make sense

I think it's simply because they look for any stick with which to beat ENIC and/or Levy. So when Conte says it will take several windows to be able to compete (i.e. it takes time to (re)build the squad he feels he needs), rather than show the patience he is asking for, it is instead interpreted as Conte being unhappy it is taking so long, which equates to 'Levy is penny pinching and not giving Conte what he needs now.'

I think it's simply because they look for any stick with which to beat ENIC and/or Levy. So when Conte says it will take several windows to be able to compete (i.e. it takes time to (re)build the squad he feels he needs), rather than show the patience he is asking for, it is instead interpreted as Conte being unhappy it is taking so long, which equates to 'Levy is penny pinching and not giving Conte what he needs now.'
Let's examine the patience thing....

We're all happy watching the world cup...
We then draw with Brentford (who recently beat City at the Etihad and Liverpool at home)..poor first half, blistering second that should have yielded all 3 PTS. (Twitter starts to rumble, things aren't good enough)
Then Villa at home...they were no threat until Hugo spilled, but after he did the response was worrying. We lose 2-0 and meltdown ensues.
That's all it takes for the club fans to eat the club from the inside out. I mean, criticising the transfer window literally on the day it opened wtf...at least they used to wait until the day it closed.

Sadly, That's the patience time frame we are dealing with.

LOL

absolute muppets

and so fudging rude

Trust always do trust things

I thought with Kat and Martin gone it might improve but the club still churning out the same self entitled rubbish.

The issue with supporters trusts is they always tend to breed an arrogance because those elected generally believe their position makes them superfans rather than representatives of the fans.

The arrogance with this mob is appalling for all the reasons I mentioned before and then some.

Back