• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC v Burnley ***

Burnley is never an easy place to go regardless of the quality of their players. You have to be ready for a physical battle when you play them. How nice is it to actually enjoy the football and look forward to the games again and have proper defenders/footballers in the team!

Captain and vice captains all stepping up and scoring. Brilliant performances across the pitch. A spanking at a stadium where we always struggle, showing so much tenacity, energy and courage after going 1-0 down early doors. This is so much fun.

Getting the 23/24 Champions tattoo booked in ;)

Big difference between changes and wholesale changes though.

8 changes will kill any momentum and that's what killed us against Fulham, not the ability of players to come in and do good work. Likewise 3 changes in 3 mins does similar, will do to most teams momentum wise.

Only a day or so ago people were berating Solomon and a lack of quality and option, today he came in and was up there for MOTM.

Its a long season, its too early for any kind of hard and dry judgements either way, otherwise we would have to admit to being CL place elect also ;)
What's fun about football is that we are free to over- and undersimplify at a whim. Me personally, I'm looking for more than good work. *Not to be taken as anything more than an illustration*, but there was a situation at the end, where Perisic were outside the box. Yes we were leading 5-1, and yes it didn't matter, but he just casually tried to loft it in. Because it didn't matter. Somehow, I don't think Solomon would have done that. I saw an interview with Steve Plater, who entered a race at the age of about 120. He said something like at his age, the hunger to compete was still there but the urge to win was not. It's all about doing good work within a field you love. This will not a winner maketh.

What's fun about football is that we are free to over- and undersimplify at a whim. Me personally, I'm looking for more than good work. *Not to be taken as anything more than an illustration*, but there was a situation at the end, where Perisic were outside the box. Yes we were leading 5-1, and yes it didn't matter, but he just casually tried to loft it in. Because it didn't matter. Somehow, I don't think Solomon would have done that. I saw an interview with Steve Plater, who entered a race at the age of about 120. He said something like at his age, the hunger to compete was still there but the urge to win was not. It's all about doing good work within a field you love. This will not a winner maketh.

Well we have Johnson and very highly touted striker to enter the fray at some point. There's the hunger to go with the just good

8 changes will kill any momentum and that's what killed us against Fulham, not the ability of players to come in and do good work. Likewise 3 changes in 3 mins does similar, will do to most teams momentum wise.

Only a day or so ago people were berating Solomon and a lack of quality and option, today he came in and was up there for MOTM.

Its a long season, its too early for any kind of hard and dry judgements either way, otherwise we would have to admit to being CL place elect also ;)

There is a bit of Aaron Lennon about him. Would be great if he could turn out as good

Well we have Johnson and very highly touted striker to enter the fray at some point. There's the hunger to go with the just good
That's what I like about Ange. He looks like he's willing to give hunger a chance if backed up by ability. Just in 4 months, our apparent 1st XI has changed quite dramatically, even without the old ones leaving (except Kane of course). Sarr, Udogie, Solomon already making their mark, providing something that shouldn't be too hard to find but we have sorely missed, not making it easy for the old dogs to just march right back in. Porro not being much more than an afterthought last season doing well. Icing on the cake of course bringing in Maddison. Even Skipp looks like yesterday's news while still being nearly a teenager. Relying too much upon players like Davies, Sanchez, Perisic, Højbjerg, Richarlison, and I'm going out on a limb here, Royal (it's easy to stand out in a field of people lying down) who all does good work, will probably give you everything from 8th to moderate relegation fears. Early days and things can change fast of course, but still. Not good news for the players in question perhaps, but great news for us fans.

It's a team game which works better with teamwork, changing the team will alter the dynamic either for the better or worse it's a gamble.

It's a team game which works better with teamwork, changing the team will alter the dynamic either for the better or worse it's a gamble.

Absolutely

At the end of the day we were all moaning we had a poor first team a season ago. Now we have a young dynamic first team and the bench which will include Johnson or whoever he replaces and experienced first team players from last season. I know we all want it today but from where we were to now, I take the progress and run whilst acknowledging there is no utopia in football, not in 3 months anyway

Back