• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC v Burnley ***

Last week we improved and tightened up though. So as much as I have a downed on PEH I think the current rhetoric built over two games is abit early.
I felt the same last week tbh. I know most think PEH played well but I kind of think he did the PEH thing which looks good because hes active but it often because hes missed the play in the first place. You're right it did work last week but I wasn't really convinced and I felt we had that same drop off in intensity and quality then as well. Then add the Fulham game in midweek and it does feel like there is a clear difference between the first choice and the rest. imo.

We were very good. Looked unplayable around the hour mark when we were scoring for fun. Delighted for Sonny. That ball from Porro…exceptional. Loved Maddison’s performance again. Bissouma great. Udogie, what a player.

Annoying to concede a second but at 5-1 up, that can happen. Still room for improvement but a 5-2 win and an enjoyable spectacle. I’ll take that all day long.

We were very good. Looked unplayable around the hour mark when we were scoring for fun. Delighted for Sonny. That ball from Porro…exceptional. Loved Maddison’s performance again. Bissouma great. Udogie, what a player.

Annoying to concede a second but at 5-1 up, that can happen. Still room for improvement but a 5-2 win and an enjoyable spectacle. I’ll take that all day long.
Serious Optimism Fears.

Gutted that I couldn't see any of that. Sounds like we were flowing in the 2nd half. Can't wait to watch it back.

I felt the same last week tbh. I know most think PEH played well but I kind of think he did the PEH thing which looks good because hes active but it often because hes missed the play in the first place. You're right it did work last week but I wasn't really convinced and I felt we had that same drop off in intensity and quality then as well. Then add the Fulham game in midweek and it does feel like there is a clear difference between the first choice and the rest. imo.

Big difference between changes and wholesale changes though.

8 changes will kill any momentum and that's what killed us against Fulham, not the ability of players to come in and do good work. Likewise 3 changes in 3 mins does similar, will do to most teams momentum wise.

Only a day or so ago people were berating Solomon and a lack of quality and option, today he came in and was up there for MOTM.

Its a long season, its too early for any kind of hard and dry judgements either way, otherwise we would have to admit to being CL place elect also ;)

I believe Højbjerg was brought in as a disruptor, which we really needed at the time. We didn't have anybody to break up and distribute play between the midfield and defense, well we had Dier but he didn't always recycle that well and often fell back to hoofing 40 yard passes with lost possession as a result. Both in a Conte and seeingly Ange setup, where ball control and retention is so important, his skillset isn't all that useable. He isn't that good technically and isn't moving the team upwards. But he has great workrate, is quite attack minded for someone in his position, and can chip in with a goal or two. On a whole, I think we'll see that a couple of players that we didn't think was all that suitable, who suddenly became suitable, will revert to being "less suited" again.

Back