• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Torres

Quelle surprise! How spineless are the FA? They are happy to clamp down on a club whose fans wish to use one word to defend themselves against racist and anti-Semitic abuse, but when it comes to a player of a perceived big club, assaulting a player of another perceived smaller club, they decide to do nothing.

Not only does this further dilute the "Respect" initiative to almost nothing, but it also incentivises arrogant "a-holes" like Mourinho that it is acceptable to brand a victim of an assault 'a disgrace'. The man himself and the FA are the 'disgraces' in this whole sorry affair. It is a sad indictment of how far this regulatory body and this particular manager has fallen in the eyes of decent law abiding fans and those players and managers who carry themselves with dignity and real respect. Shame on the FA!

Spot on. A clear case of Mourinho successfully bullying the wimps at the FA to such an extent his players now know (if they didn't already) that they can do what the hell they like.

You only have to ask yourself what if it was Vertonghen doing the gouging and Torres the victim? I'm just relieved AVB didn't learn this kind of sleaze from his 'master,' even if it HAS, in the eyes of some, ended up being more of a PR og for us than for Chelsea.

Last edited:
hope the guy doesn't get fleas..........then he will be.....

'Itchy & Scratchy'

where's my coat??

I genuinely don't know if this smacks of the FA being scared of certain clubs/managers or just complete incompetence as usual. Can't exactly trust the FA to do the right thing can you?

I don't know why everything regarding officiating is so cloak and dagger. I don't want the refs to be the story because I sense that some of them actually want that, but I would like to know why certain decisions were given, perhaps they could talk to the written media, behind closed doors and not in front of the cameras. Might make people understand where they are coming from with some insight.

I have been saying for years that football in this country is corrupt but some people think im a nutter. You watch through the season there are enough chances for you to see it.

I have been saying for years that football in this country is corrupt but some people think im a nutter. You watch through the season there are enough chances for you to see it.

You mean just random games are corrupt or bent to the extent that certain teams are favoured almost every game?

Sport in general is ALWAYS going to be open season for corruption, especially when a large number of professionals in any particular sport don't earn as much as the top earners.

Next time I am at the Lane I will run onto the pitch and scratch the face of a player. Watch me get jail time. Qunts, why can't anyone be seen doing the right thing for a fcuking change. Are there any people out there in position of power anywhere that thinks fcuk that is just wrong.

Is his injury leaving a little wry smile for everyone tonight

Karma you qunt is a biatch. Lets hope he is out for at least 4 game, or maybe that is the underhand deal done by everyone.

To the people saying that Spurs/Jan/we should report an assault to the police...Jesus wept.

Done and dusted. Move on.

Wow. Graham Poll appears to have called this perfectly. The FA are an utter disgrace. The decision is utterly farcical. Every time they suggest a step forward it is really just two steps backward and the decisions taken become even more questionable. Whether people shout corruption, suggest that money, leverage comes into play, this just further sinks our beloved game further down the mire of uncertainty and confusion. If every decision takens allows such a vast area of ambiguity then each decision will be simply be weighed up by who shouts the loudest or makes the sternest veiled threats.

What this openly says to players is that they can do as they like, do it as slyly as possible, keep your eye on where the lino's attention is because now you can always entertain some 'afters' safe in the knowledge that the FAs pathetic, inane rules allow an official to 'sort of see what happened' therefore making the real details of the transgression unpunishable. So by all means collide and if you get a chance to eye gouge someone, spit in his ear, bite his arm, tweak his ******** or whatever else you choose and be safe in the knowledge that your teams legal representation will have you off scot free if any match official alluded to that coming together. What an utter shower of deeply dodgy looking qants the FA are.

To the people saying that Spurs/Jan/we should report an assault to the police...Jesus wept.

Done and dusted. Move on.

Out of interest what would you do if someone did that to you in the street, or you were working on something for your boss, there was two of you working on it and the boss preferred yours and the other guy did what Torres did to Jan Vertonghrn but to you.

Last edited:
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas on the FA's decision not to ban Chelsea's Fernando Torres for scratching Jan Vertonghen's face during last Saturday's 1-1 draw: "Obviously, it is almost a farcical decision. It doesn't matter to me which player or club is involved.

"Neither do I want to with my words put into question Fernando's integrity; neither their manager's, in trying to defend what is our position. I think the FA has made a decision almost a joke. It looks incredible.

"How can you see the images, pretty clear, and come out without punishment, on something [which] overtakes all professional behaviour? I think the decision is a disgrace. We don't want Fernando suspended because it can make them weaker, because their bench is so strong, but I think the FA has lost all opportunity to put some sense into the images everybody saw."

Hear hear.

The whole thing is a joke, they admit that Torres did wrong but for some reason won't punish him. All governing bodies in this sport are farcical from top to bottom, quite literally special, in every sense of the word.

Neither do I want to with my words put into question Fernando's integrity; neither their manager's, in trying to defend what is our position.

What's that about? Mourinho had no problems calling vertonghen's integrity into doubt. AVB needs to man up and call Torres a disgrace rather than just taking the easy option of slamming the FA. Although I agree their decision is a disgrace.

Last edited:
Neither do I want to with my words put into question Fernando's integrity; neither their manager's, in trying to defend what is our position.

What's that about? Mourinho had no problems calling vertonghen's integrity into doubt. AVB needs to man up and call Torres a disgrace rather than just taking the easy option of slamming the FA. Although I agree their decision is a disgrace.
I think AVB just doesn't want to sink to Mournho's level, although I actually read it as a sly dig at Mourinho for his comments on Vertonghen.

Out of interest what would you do if someone did that to you in the street, or you were working on something for your boss, there was two of you working on it and the boss preferred yours and the other guy did what Torres did to Jan Vertonghrn but to you.

Ah come on now. I'm an office monkey. The two aren't comparable. If someone did it to me though I wouldn't go running to the police.

Id either smack him or, if I knew that would get me a beating, give him some verbals.

I'm sick of seeing Torres' name at the top of the forum. Let's let this thread sink like a stone so I don't have to see it any more.

Unbelievable.

[video=youtube;5yVMQO8yxXM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yVMQO8yxXM[/video]

Back