• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I think Toby is a lot better than most people give him credit for.

I'm sure there are sides kicking themselves now

He has been nothing but class. Apart from giving the one away via Stoke he hasn't put a foot wrong. He basically plays a sweeper and just today's up everything like an efficient player. His goals have been massive too and I'm a big fan now. I wasn't sure if it was it hers making him look good at Southampton until I saw him play in midfield against us and he was their best player that day IMO

Yes, he's been top notch. Just one brain fart yesterday when he should have headed it out but kept it in the box and presented cheatski with a good chance.

Commentators said he hasn't been booked this season or something... Sounds like Mabbut or King

Agree completely. As a number of other posters have said, it's the affect he seems to have had on Jan that is the best compliment to him! They complement each other very well.

I was about to remark upon your adroit usage of compliment and complement when I noticed you fell for the old affect/effect trap.

Football? You want me to talk about football?

If I must ... I agree with your view that he has made the other players around him better. About the only downside to him is his haircut looks like it was modelled on a character from "Blackadder Goes Forth".

I was about to remark upon your adroit usage of compliment and complement when I noticed you fell for the old affect/effect trap.

Football? You want me to talk about football?

If I must ... I agree with your view that he has made the other players around him better. About the only downside to him is his haircut looks like it was modelled on a character from "Blackadder Goes Forth".

Dammit I hate affect and effect. I will do better next time!

As for the haircut, it's much better than some of the incarnations we have seen amongst footballers!
simeone_badhair.png

enhanced-buzz-1429-1340377950-8.jpg
Abel.jpg
CarlosValderramaBird'snest.jpg
Gervinhohairstyle.jpg
article-2419587-006A67B000000258-436_634x439.jpg
tumblr_laq9lfpMcA1qdnkego1_500.jpg
mullet-gazza-pic.jpg
13-1367568966712.jpg

Commentator pointed out yesterday that he hasn't received a single yellow card this season. Just looked it up and he only got 3 for all of last season.

That's pretty impressive for a defender - I think King must be the last defender we had who was as good at not fouling.

The guy has absolutely blown my mind. He has been that good. I hear he's wanted to play for us for a while too. So good, in fact, far far better than I gave him credit for being.

And speaking of hair, his stays put no matter what. After that headed goal against the Spammers there wasn't a single hair out of place. So no surprise he's not ruffled defensively either.

The guy has absolutely blown my mind. He has been that good. I hear he's wanted to play for us for a while too. So good, in fact, far far better than I gave him credit for being.
an absolute snip at twice the price.

Was he this good at Southampton or has the pairing with Vertoghen helped him improve as well?

an absolute snip at twice the price.

Was he this good at Southampton or has the pairing with Vertoghen helped him improve as well?
He was good, but not close to what he is showing in a Spurs shirt at the moment IMO. Looks like his confidence has grown from game to game, and he knows Verts from they were kids. That, I guess, should be a very good start to form a partnership.
But I have to admit he has been a lot better then I thought when we bought him. And he scores from set pieces as well.
Long may it continue!

Back