• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

If he has a contract for £200k a week, why would he want to take half of that to join us?

The reason his price tag is £15m is because his wages are high.
We’ll see, some players wouldn’t take the hit, others would. Everything Werner’s said has suggested he wants to play regular football and kick start his career again though, his options will be limited to 1 choice, staying at Red Bull, if he wants to stay on 200k a week.

We’ll see, some players wouldn’t take the hit, others would. Everything Werner’s said has suggested he wants to play regular football and kick start his career again though, his options will be limited to 1 choice, staying at Red Bull, if he wants to stay on 200k a week.

We'll probably try the same flimflam the Spanish clubs try with us in regards to GLC and try to take him on loan for a 2nd season late on when RB Liepzig (sp).

I'm on the same boat as a few others on here, if the signing could be done on reasonable enough wages I'm happy as long as we still get a proper 1st choice winger / forward in as well. But a 4/5 year deal with wages around 150k p/w is a big investment even with a cheap transfer fee..

Think most top 6 regular starters are in that bracket now.

Wage inflation has been big lately.

We should probably put up ticket prices or something.

He’s not an automatic starter at this moment in time.

I suspect the last line is probably throwaway and tongue in cheek but I do find it puzzling that someone as super woke as you who is about inclusion and standing up for the little man is indifferent to people being priced about football, particularly elderly people. I can’t reconcile the two 😂

He’s not an automatic starter at this moment in time.

I suspect the last line is probably throwaway and tongue in cheek but I do find it puzzling that someone as super woke as you who is about inclusion and standing up for the little man is indifferent to people being priced about football, particularly elderly people. I can’t reconcile the two 😂

It’s a luxury item, nobodies arm is being twisted into going.

Fair point. Although you could say the same about participation in sport being a luxury and not a necessity but I know you’re very keen for everyone to be included.
If they want to be they should be welcome.

Live football is available at thousands of venues across the country every weekend, most of them for free. The PL is a premium product and is priced accordingly.

Absolutely, and a confident strike. Not an easy finish that with the ball coming across him. Can't really go for the more natural curling shot at the far corner, has to just hit it with a bit of power and accuracy.

Will be interesting to see what he can do playing with confidence going forward.

Players coming back from injury and getting in form at the right time in the season. Love to see it.

Lets go.

Bumping this guys thread. Having not seen the game live and saw a few complaining about him missing a 'sitter' I watched the highlights and must say I didn't think it was that easy a change albeit one you'd hope he'd at least get on target and it was fantastic skill from him to create the opportunity for himself in the first place.

Some seem to focus on his finishing, but from what I've seen he's our most creative outlet - more so than Son, Kulu and even Johnson who seems more productive when coming off the bench. Can see why Ange likes him, with his pace and dribbling skill a constant threat and would much rather see him flying down the wing over Kulu.

For the time being I'd go with Werner - Son - Johnson starting which is perhaps a little harsh on Richi but prefer him centrally and can't drop Son....

Bumping this guys thread. Having not seen the game live and saw a few complaining about him missing a 'sitter' I watched the highlights and must say I didn't think it was that easy a change albeit one you'd hope he'd at least get on target and it was fantastic skill from him to create the opportunity for himself in the first place.

Some seem to focus on his finishing, but from what I've seen he's our most creative outlet - more so than Son, Kulu and even Johnson who seems more productive when coming off the bench. Can see why Ange likes him, with his pace and dribbling skill a constant threat and would much rather see him flying down the wing over Kulu.

For the time being I'd go with Werner - Son - Johnson starting which is perhaps a little harsh on Richi but prefer him centrally and can't drop Son....
He and Gio linked up really nicely for the phantom goal too.

I’d still like to see us sign someone either instead of Werner or in addition to Werner. As long as he’s not the main/only signing in attack this summer then I’m cool with it. Agree for the time being it should be Werner, Son and Johnson as well.

Regarding the chance, not sure if it’s sitter territory but you’d expect a PL forward to score it, especially a top 4/6 calibre forward.

Back