• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

No idea how to actually embed a YT vid but worth watching, specifically for the bits he looks in more detail at the “bad” games for Chelscum.

Can’t wait to see him in action for us.
Agreed, seems like he is far more effective on the left, rather than striker, because his finishing is so poor but his overall play is very good

Agreed, seems like he is far more effective on the left, rather than striker, because his finishing is so poor but his overall play is very good
I wouldn’t say his finishing is very poor, he is still showing similar numbers to Richarlison per season and i know Richarlinson hasn’t got consistent finishing but claiming Werners finishing is very poor is a tad harsh.

I wouldn’t say his finishing is very poor, he is still showing similar numbers to Richarlison per season and i know Richarlinson hasn’t got consistent finishing but claiming Werners finishing is very poor is a tad harsh.
Watch the video above, he got 2 goals in 22 appearances as a striker in a toppety top club and was derided for his misses.

I'm accepting he's here for his pace and general play, and he won't score many. Any goal is a bonus.
This is important to remember, for all of our players.
We were so blessed to Harry for so long that we expect a striker to be scoring all the time. But in reality we've moved to have a system that scores goals rather than a player that does.
It doesn't matter who scores, as long as someone does - preferably someone wearing a Spurs shirt.

That's an excellent record!

I'm fascinated to see how much our view is blinkered by his time at Chestski. And also why RB let him go so easily
RB let him go because they signed other players who play up top
They also changed managers after he signed
Their model is play young, develop and sell…

I think everyone’s views on him are set by Chelsea. That’s fair too
We saw that time on these shores
But… was that the best of him. Was he playing for a capable coach. Did his team mates make him look bad (he won the CL)

RB let him go because they signed other players who play up top
They also changed managers after he signed
Their model is play young, develop and sell…

I think everyone’s views on him are set by Chelsea. That’s fair too
We saw that time on these shores
But… was that the best of him. Was he playing for a capable coach. Did his team mates make him look bad (he won the CL)
Ange had things to say yesterday that touch on this sort of thing

Well we are soon gonna see how and what he will bring. I like the video earlier which showed how the misses were not the whole story.

His career record shows he can score and assist, even if its Germany but also the CL record is not half bad. He killed us in one game.

His pace and work will be a threat, better to have him here than trying to crack on without him

Ange had things to say yesterday that touch on this sort of thing

This is so important to remember in the big picture.
We know Ange isn't going to be around for a long time. Maybe we get 6/7 years if things go well. A decade would exceptional.
We're building a squad to ball Ange ball. Whoever comes in next will be able to use some of those players, but not others. This is why the player value and resale value is so important within the business model - both at first team level and signing and developing youngsters that we sell for profit. It's also why it's worth spending a few extra weeks getting the fee, and more importantly the structure of the fee (especially with FFP) right for us. And being prepared to walk away if necessary.

Werner has shown in the past he can put up those numbers. For leipzig he put up more than son in a season. Whether he can for us in the role he'll be asked to play, is unsure.

Depending on where we decide to play deki, we might need another forward.

The dream would be gimenez from feyenord. With son and werner either side. But maybe a right winger?

Maddison will get goals aswell.
People bring up Gimenez, but I'm just not convinced. First of all he's a pure CF and Ange wants players who can play in more than one position. Second, he's banging them in in Holland for a Feyenoord side that is super attacking. (the player I do like from them is Stengs, who's a 10)

What is it about him that would make him a good signing for an Ange side in the PL?

People bring up Gimenez, but I'm just not convinced. First of all he's a pure CF and Ange wants players who can play in more than one position. Second, he's banging them in in Holland for a Feyenoord side that is super attacking. (the player I do like from them is Stengs, who's a 10)

What is it about him that would make him a good signing for an Ange side in the PL?

He puts the ball in the net. Goals win games.

Hard to tell if he could step up
The way he finishes is very good and efficient too
But… the prem strikers is a huge step up

watching Isak today, he is one that got away for me. He has everything apart from a strong fitness record. The goal he scored wouldn’t be scored by many in our squad IMO and certainly not richarlison for example (who cost more)

Hard to tell if he could step up
The way he finishes is very good and efficient too
But… the prem strikers is a huge step up

watching Isak today, he is one that got away for me. He has everything apart from a strong fitness record. The goal he scored wouldn’t be scored by many in our squad IMO and certainly not richarlison for example (who cost more)
The ones he could have scored but didnt could have been not scored by Richarlison.

It was clear he's not acclimatised to the system today. Ange said as much in the pre game interview. When asked what does he give you he smirked and said "an extra body"... Then went on to describe his abilities, but it's true, with a fully fit side and no international competitions him and Johnson would be subs.

Back