• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Timo Werner

It's not fan involvement that is the issue. It's that you can't have a Roman or the various Sheikhs throwing loads of external earned money into the clubs. Which this means the best run club rises to the top ie. Bayern. If the PL had the same model limiting outside investment it's very likely that it would also be dominated by one team. It already is even with massive outside investors.

But re the quality. Do you actually watch Bundesliga? I haven't honestly this year but to call it average is very disingerous and comes across as someone who doesn't actually watch it. The quality of the competition is much more even and it's actually more exciting because the playing field is more levelled. Then in terms of sheer quality it is rather good, maybe not to the very best of the PL levels but it's hardly the championship in terms of objective quality.

Rarely as I don't have a dog in the fight, it's no way as interesting as Italian or Spanish football use to be and I have enough trouble knowing who is playing in PL as players change so frequently. I dont watch football with sound on as I'm as bias as most ex pros they use and cant stand the sub standard commentary which makes foreign games a bit of mystery in terms of players anyway. It's just my opinion of the standard and having an even competition could be said of Scots football if you ignore Celtic and Rangers.

Watching Goons v Pool earlier was very amusing. Brilliant approach play but all of the strikers were hopeless, taking too many touches, passing at the wrong moment, trying the wrong finish, snatching at chances etc.
Whenever I watch Havertz, Nunez, Diaz et al they are good at general football but are poor finishers.
I think Richy and Werner are also poor finishers, so it is more of the same.
To be honest Johnson and even Son often make the simple look incredibly complex.

They are all good athletes and strong runners and can cause havoc, but give them a chance and they panic.

We need to simplify the act of "striking" the ball. Don't thrash at. Don't take 2 touches. Just calm down and poke it firmly goalward as though firmly passing to the inside of the post.
Ignore the circumstances and goalie and defence, just poke it inside the post.

That is the genius of Kane, not his running or dribbling or long range blasts, just ensure that whenever you are in the "second 6 yard box" you pass it hard inside the post.

Watching Goons v Pool earlier was very amusing. Brilliant approach play but all of the strikers were hopeless, taking too many touches, passing at the wrong moment, trying the wrong finish, snatching at chances etc.
Whenever I watch Havertz, Nunez, Diaz et al they are good at general football but are poor finishers.
To be honest Johnson and even Son often make the simple look incredibly complex.

They are all good athletes and strong runners and can cause havoc, but give them a chance and they panic.

We need to simplify the act of "striking" the ball. Don't thrash at. Don't take 2 touches. Just calm down and poke it firmly goalward as though firmly passing to the inside of the post.

That is the genius of Kane, not his running or dribbling or long range blasts, just ensure that whenever you are in the "second 6 yard box" you pass it hard inside the post.
It’s what makes some players world class
They make their own time

You could be describing Greaves.

It looks like an out-of-nowhere manager like Ange, with his human and straightforward approach, is a bigger draw for players than the "proven" Conte and Mourinho. We really have ourselves a gem of a gaffer.

Edit: his reputation for playing the kind of football that footballers love doesn't hurt either.

He also seems to know exactly what he wants. You don't have to be a superstar or big name. You just have to fit the role. If you do, in his system you will excell. No overcomplicated tactics.

Kane was outstanding at finding or being physically balanced before he took the shot. That's much harder than he made it look. That and his composure in those situations combined with excellent ball striking technique is extremely rare.

Finding that player again will be extremely difficult. As you point out, big clubs spending a lot of money on players that don't have anywhere near that level of finishing.

Werner won't be that for us of course. But he could still be really useful for us, at the very least as an option this season.

Kane was outstanding at finding or being physically balanced before he took the shot. That's much harder than he made it look. That and his composure in those situations combined with excellent ball striking technique is extremely rare.

Finding that player again will be extremely difficult. As you point out, big clubs spending a lot of money on players that don't have anywhere near that level of finishing.

Werner won't be that for us of course. But he could still be really useful for us, at the very least as an option this season.

Said it elsewhere, Werner is literally a warm body for a squad absolutely killed by absences, for the cost/commitment of 6 months wages

He's quick (front three option of Werner, Son, Johnson could potentially be the fastest in the league), high energy, presses from front and unlike the other comparisons (Havertz, Nunez, Diaz, Richi), he's scored 30+ goals in a season (above 20, three times), so he can.

To me, I'm not a fan (always felt he was one of those players you don't like playing against due to work rate and speed), but we badly need someone on the bench for the rest of the season that isn't an Academy kid, and if it doesn't work out? so what, meh ..

Said it elsewhere, Werner is literally a warm body for a squad absolutely killed by absences, for the cost/commitment of 6 months wages

He's quick (front three option of Werner, Son, Johnson could potentially be the fastest in the league), high energy, presses from front and unlike the other comparisons (Havertz, Nunez, Diaz, Richi), he's scored 30+ goals in a season (above 20, three times), so he can.

To me, I'm not a fan (always felt he was one of those players you don't like playing against due to work rate and speed), but we badly need someone on the bench for the rest of the season that isn't an Academy kid, and if it doesn't work out? so what, meh ..

This would suggest he's going to be more than just squad filler.

For me Ange is a system manager as much or more than an individual brilliant player manager. Will the pace and workload Werner compliment his style, yes, will having the extra pace, threat and body in advanced areas expose the system...absolutely. it might be his work to compliment someone else doing the work to get the ball.in the onion bag but having a base of pace in Porro, Johnson, Udogie and Werner is dangerous for anyone.

Get Maddison back and having Son, Werner and Johnson chasing his through balls should be pretty scary. Against the likes of Arsenal, City etc could be a great tactic.

For me Ange is a system manager as much or more than an individual brilliant player manager. Will the pace and workload Werner compliment his style, yes, will having the extra pace, threat and body in advanced areas expose the system...absolutely. it might be his work to compliment someone else doing the work to get the ball.in the onion bag but having a base of pace in Porro, Johnson, Udogie and Werner is dangerous for anyone.
100%
System via coaching though
But you can tell because of the way we’re playing with less than capable players, still playing the right football

Yea agreed and rings true for the Gallagher interest as well, not the greatest player in the world but suits the style Ange wants.

Back