• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

about the injury crisis, who is our fitness coach now??? AVB's guy, Rocha was his name wasnt it, was in charge of all that and did quite well. Now we dont have anyone

A fitness coach could do nothing about Verts, Sandro's and Paulinho's injuries which happened during matches

Excellent start for him but, as mentioned by someone else on him above, I'm still not sold on him yet and would like to see LVG come in in the summer. If he gets 4th though, even Levy wouldnt make the change. 5th and it'll be a tough call. 6th and I think he'll be replaced. Good to see us actually attacking again though and playing some attractive football. Will be interesting to see what trasnfer business we do in jan, particuarly if Defoe is off

Im still not sold on him yet. A lot of teams have a honeymoon period when a new manager takes over. They have to prove themselves to the new man. Im not a fan of some of the tactics as I feel we are a little too open, but that said we look far more likely to score and that was a major major problem. To me he has an air of Harry about him in that he just wants players to play, that is fine to a certain degree, but lots of people myself included were against harry for that because he would not change he free flowing tactics at the right time or moment.

Im really happy we have managed to win at Man Yoo again. I see some good things in our performance and some bad bits. But he has had hardly any time. I did not like his appointment but i support Spurs so ill give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves me wrong as I just want my team to do well.

Agree with that

I was one of those not happy with the appointment of Sherwood. He is winning me over with the results and performances that we are putting out though. I just hope he doesn't have people turn on him if we lose to Arsenal on Saturday.

Im still not sold on him yet. A lot of teams have a honeymoon period when a new manager takes over. They have to prove themselves to the new man. Im not a fan of some of the tactics as I feel we are a little too open, but that said we look far more likely to score and that was a major major problem. To me he has an air of Harry about him in that he just wants players to play, that is fine to a certain degree, but lots of people myself included were against harry for that because he would not change he free flowing tactics at the right time or moment.

Im really happy we have managed to win at Man Yoo again. I see some good things in our performance and some bad bits. But he has had hardly any time. I did not like his appointment but i support Spurs so ill give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he proves me wrong as I just want my team to do well.

He does remind me of Harry, players have a little bit more ability to express themselves, perhaps a little more "honest" in interview, continues to be interesting to hear him acknowledge the fact that we have now allowed a few goals immediately after scoring.

Today was interesting because we held well under pressure, especially first 15 minutes of game where United tried to overrun us, similar to Harry's Spurs, we look very dangerous on the counter.

Still not sure this "go for it" will work, but some of the players are definitely responding for the moment.

Excellent start for him but, as mentioned by someone else on him above, I'm still not sold on him yet and would like to see LVG come in in the summer. If he gets 4th though, even Levy wouldnt make the change. 5th and it'll be a tough call. 6th and I think he'll be replaced. Good to see us actually attacking again though and playing some attractive football. Will be interesting to see what trasnfer business we do in jan, particuarly if Defoe is off

I dont think its to do with where we end up. I think it would be a little silly to judge him based on where we end up - of course if we end mid table or bottom half then yes that would matter but this whole fourth, third, sixth malarky cant be used. What should be used is is he promising what he has set out to do - good effective football, players fulfilling their potential and the utilisation of the youth? So far he has done that. He has shown different facets to his style, a tactical thinker as evidence today as well as a gung ho attitude when required.

Well done so far. 4 games in, I've been a lot happier with his last two teams picked. Not sure about the subs today, thought Bentaleb was a little pointless, but great for the lad still.

Ade was forced and I think Chadli probably made sense. Kane for Soldado, hmmm, but again happy for Kane, done well.

Well done Tim. COME ON YOU SPURS

Well done so far. 4 games in, I've been a lot happier with his last two teams picked. Not sure about the subs today, thought Bentaleb was a little pointless, but great for the lad still.

Ade was forced and I think Chadli probably made sense. Kane for Soldado, hmmm, but again happy for Kane, done well.

Capoue looked to be limping when he was replaced and Bentaleb was the only player we had on the bench who could've done a job in midfield.
Kane gave us a bit more of a physical boost and some fresh legs as Soldado had also played every minute of our last two games. Think it wasn't as big a risk as some think and if Ade is injured then we are going to need another striker to step up to the mark.

[video=youtube;9Vwu1HGvuTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vwu1HGvuTI[/video]

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Seeing as our chairman, manager and most of our fans have given up on long term planning in favour of short term results, then **** it - so will I!

Here's to enjoying the next match and no longer thinking past it!

:-s

did you not see Capoue struggling with a problem??

I was confused about Bentaleb, it I wonder if Capoue had a little niggle or tightness?

What should be used is is he promising what he has set out to do - good effective football, players fulfilling their potential and the utilisation of the youth? So far he has done that. He has shown different facets to his style, a tactical thinker as evidence today as well as a gung ho attitude when required.

Agreed. He has come in and decided on horses for courses. People are interpreting this as some sort of Redknapp MK II but this hasn't been the case. He has adopted a highly pragmatic approach so far. The ODVDG meanwhile was trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Amazing really, with our (arguable) first choice centre back pairing and first choice two central midfielders all missing.

this is it for me.

I thank AVB for the results, but apart from the Bale heroics the rest was hard to watch week in week out

now we are looking like a Tottenham team should. audere est facere!!

Same here. 100% in agreement.

Yes, scrappy wins were all well and good in getting us to 5th place,but it was heartbreaking to watch sometimes, seeing my beloved Spurs back in back and to acrorss the field then back to Lloris and humph!

But now, 4-4-2 attacking exciting football with brainfarts thrown in to give us the odd heart-attack...oh yes we have our Tottenham back

He has us playing attractive, attacking football and I'm actually enjoying watching my club again.

Added to that, we've just beaten United at OT when very few expected us to. So I'm pretty happy at the mo if I'm honest!

Agree with that. What's not to like? Will GB get his tickets out the bin and use a bit of stick?

PS Mods, please can we remove the first few posts from this thread somehow. It is demeaning on our manager and should have no place in a Spurs Forum. I hate it when I go to this thread and see the first post every time. Thanks.

Back