• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Who doesn't have a partnership with those ****s

Yes the agreement is they poo poo on our summer parade with the benefit our profile is raised globally.

edit....didnt read your post properly...thought it was I thought we....

my bad.

Has has changed our style in 3 games to a manner which most spies fans wanted yet there are people complaining....

He has taken 7 from 9 points yet again there are people fault finding....

We have scored 3 goals twice in those games which we have t managed in a couple of years I believe (I may be wrong)... Yet people have issues with that...

**** the personal stuff as 90% is here say and made up. I wasn't jerky keen but I'm giving him and his team a chance and backing him. Anyone who doesnt wanna do that should have a negative thread all for themselves IMO.

I'll happily read and contribute to constructive comments about him and the team. For me he has to play a defence minded midfielder, but he got a result without one so whose right?!?!?

Yep stoke were **** but we still had to beat them and im not convinced we would have under AVB.

Give him 20 games and then review your views and justify them with facts please folks.... Not he has an Arsenal tattoo so therefore he should be executed

Thing is mate, three games ain't enough to say he's the next big thing. Especially when you take those games in to isolation:

Southampton - we played poor first half, second half we were much better but we were facing a Southampton team low on confidence without ANY of their first choice back five and no Wanyama or Osvaldo. End of the day it was the perfect time to go there.

West Brom - they rested three of their ever-presents (Sessegnon, Mulumbu and McAuley) but still created chances because of the ridiculously over-offensive way in which we were set up. Was a poor quality game in truth by both teams.

Stoke - obviously much better in terms of both result and performance but this was a Stoke side made even ****ter than usual by being without several first-teamers (Begovic, Huth, Whelan, Wilson among others) that must have been knackered anyway cos they spent their last game playing with nine men at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

(Not mentioning the loss to West Ham)

Don't get me wrong, even though I outlined my issues with him getting the job I'd like for nothing more than Sherwood to succeed here but the doubts remain and will do so until, if ever, I can be sure of him as a manager of us. And yes, I know we've had injuries too, but we've spent hundreds of millions on our squad unlike the above so have more than able deputies (the only guaranteed regular who's been out is Jan).

There have been a few promising signs in the early stage of his management career but also many that make me wonder how he's got himself the gig. Time will tell, but just like we shouldn't get too excited by a win over Stoke City, let's not overreact if we lose at Howard Webb FC on Wednesday!

I actually have confidence he'd bring in the youth players in very well. How he handles our defence and get them working is my biggest concern right now.

Thing is mate, three games ain't enough to say he's the next big thing. Especially when you take those games in to isolation:

Southampton - we played poor first half, second half we were much better but we were facing a Southampton team low on confidence without ANY of their first choice back five and no Wanyama or Osvaldo. End of the day it was the perfect time to go there.

West Brom - they rested three of their ever-presents (Sessegnon, Mulumbu and McAuley) but still created chances because of the ridiculously over-offensive way in which we were set up. Was a poor quality game in truth by both teams.

Stoke - obviously much better in terms of both result and performance but this was a Stoke side made even ****ter than usual by being without several first-teamers (Begovic, Huth, Whelan, Wilson among others) that must have been knackered anyway cos they spent their last game playing with nine men at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

(Not mentioning the loss to West Ham)

Don't get me wrong, even though I outlined my issues with him getting the job I'd like for nothing more than Sherwood to succeed here but the doubts remain and will do so until, if ever, I can be sure of him as a manager of us. And yes, I know we've had injuries too, but we've spent hundreds of millions on our squad unlike the above so have more than able deputies (the only guaranteed regular who's been out is Jan).

There have been a few promising signs in the early stage of his management career but also many that make me wonder how he's got himself the gig. Time will tell, but just like we shouldn't get too excited by a win over Stoke City, let's not overreact if we lose at Howard Webb FC on Wednesday!

No team wins every game in the manner that they should based on their squad. All team drop points. Bearing these facts in mind - what more do you expect from Sherwood!?

Do you think the combination of performances and results would have been better under AVB?

Sherwood was trying new things against West Brom, with Eriksen and Holtby in midfield. It didn't work, we couldn't control the midfield. He replaced them at CM with Paulinho and Dembele to great effect against Stoke. Clearly we need a bit of power as well as technical ability, we can't just pass teams to death. But we had never tried to in such a manner as against West Brom.

He is looking to find his best team, Sunday will have gone a long way towards that. When he has a regular team in mind and a decent sample size of games to judge his performance, then will be the time to be fully critical in our analysis of his ability to take the club forward. The initial signs are promising but mean very little either way.

What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty' though? A lot of this board seem to have the arrogance to think we are too big to promote a member of the coaching staff to manager, when the same as been done at all sorts of successful clubs on the continent, not to mention in one of the biggest clubs and managerial masterstrokes in the history of the game - Guardiola at Barca. As a result, these posters have made Sherwood guilty until proven innocent, or just permanently guilty.

Perhaps it is a psychological defence mechanism so that if Sherwood fails and we fire another manager, people won't have let all their hopes and dreams of Spurs glory, pinned to the young up-and-coming manager, be destroyed as they did with AVB.

Whatever it is, its bloody irrational. Give him a chance, there isn't much to complain about right now.

I think Sherwood is already showing signs of an inexperienced manager. Don't think man-management skills are one of his best strengths. First he said he don't know anything about Capoue and now he said he didn't know Paulinho was that good. He should have asked about them with Freund who knows all about them or atleast watched videos of their previous matches. Coming out public with that statement only shows his immaturity. Also read about reports that Capoue and Holtby were made to train with the reserves. Can see some players getting unhappy sooner or later.

Sherwood's "opened" the game and allowed the players to play freely thats for sure, even Eriksen has confirmed that.
Don't think you can call whatever we seen a style, J Wilson described the first two games as a "crapshoot", the last one we had lengthy possession spells but it was all so unpredictable, more relying on the brilliance of individual players than a system of play.

Naturally he'll need time to learn about how the players take to his new philosophy, and the only way is learn through appearances on the pitch itself as we have a ****load of experienced internationals that ought to be able to do a job immediately and are raring to go.

My concern is about his lack of experience in handling foreign experienced players. He's got to be careful not upset this balance especially since the U21 squad is where he is most comfortable with.

Taking a step back - we do have an excellent squad already. And that's a great place to start. Yes we should be giving TS a fair shot, but he asked for the job and knew what he was getting himself into, so he has to take everything in his stride - including the skepticism and high expectations of fans in the stadium and online, and the trigger-happy sensationalism-driven press.

"Innocent until proven guilty" with regards a job? How many job adverts say "limited experience acceptable, willing to give anyone a go?" Which is surely the line you are peddling?! Every proper appointment is based on experience and whilst Deadwood has been about the club and is an EPL winning player his CV wouldn't stack up if set to the criteria presumably used in normal recruitment.

And this trite use of the guardiola and Barca example every time to justify the appointment is statistically ********. So many more internal appointments have failed than have succeeded, the player becoming the player manager or the no 2 stepping up a la Ray Hartford on countless occasions.

This doesn't mean Deadwood won't be a success but your arguments, with respect, are straw thin rubbish to be honest.

No team wins every game in the manner that they should based on their squad. All team drop points. Bearing these facts in mind - what more do you expect from Sherwood!?

Do you think the combination of performances and results would have been better under AVB?

Sherwood was trying new things against West Brom, with Eriksen and Holtby in midfield. It didn't work, we couldn't control the midfield. He replaced them at CM with Paulinho and Dembele to great effect against Stoke. Clearly we need a bit of power as well as technical ability, we can't just pass teams to death. But we had never tried to in such a manner as against West Brom.

He is looking to find his best team, Sunday will have gone a long way towards that. When he has a regular team in mind and a decent sample size of games to judge his performance, then will be the time to be fully critical in our analysis of his ability to take the club forward. The initial signs are promising but mean very little either way.

What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty' though? A lot of this board seem to have the arrogance to think we are too big to promote a member of the coaching staff to manager, when the same as been done at all sorts of successful clubs on the continent, not to mention in one of the biggest clubs and managerial masterstrokes in the history of the game - Guardiola at Barca. As a result, these posters have made Sherwood guilty until proven innocent, or just permanently guilty.

This last paragraph is perfect. As I said I'm not sure by any means but we have to now give him that chance. He has shown progress in all his games that I certainly didn't expect and I can't wait to hear the negatives if we lose to. United playing the way we have yet.... Everyone was crying out for more attacking football which he has delivered very quickly.

He could be our Guardiola, he has similar experiences as a player and a "club" person, but he probably won't be (being pessimistic) but let's judge him after a good number of games

I think Sherwood is already showing signs of an inexperienced manager. Don't think man-management skills are one of his best strengths. First he said he don't know anything about Capoue and now he said he didn't know Paulinho was that good. He should have asked about them with Freund who knows all about them or atleast watched videos of their previous matches. Coming out public with that statement only shows his immaturity. Also read about reports that Capoue and Holtby were made to train with the reserves. Can see some players getting unhappy sooner or later.

Holtby and Capoue played a game for the reserves, presumably for fitness. This was before the West Brom game which Holtby started, so I do not think that they are being ostracised.

I wouldn't read too much into how Sherwood talks to the media, I think that he just has a glib manner, I doubt that he is like that when talking to the players in private.

Where are all the Sherwood haters now? Early days but lets give Timmy a hand brilliant stuff the past few weeks coys!!!!

Early days still, but a draw and 3 wins in the BPL so far ? Not bad, not bad at all ... The big squad is proving very handy indeed.

well well well, NBD, gooner scum, dimTim etc is doing ok isnt he.....not the dumb cnut that a few made him out to be

weve got out Tottenham back...thank you timmy

is this a dead cat bounce or is he the messiah?

(there is no in between by the way)

is this a dead cat bounce or is he the messiah?

(there is no in between by the way)

I dont think its dead cat bounce because the players were shackled int he past, now you can see the potential of the players being realised. TS will make mistakes that is one thing for certain BUT I think he is a quick learner and has shown it. He isnt a one trick pony in that its not all gung ho tactics as evidenced today.

He has been brave and bold too which I like in a Manager.

Still early days but the players are starting to come to life now. Just need that defending sorted

Back