• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Didn't any of you get the memo? He's still so much better than AVB.

1374532175_Miley-Cyrus-Utilizes-Tray_1.gif

Ricky-Gervais-Laughing-GIF.gif

Win percentage is always a stupid stat.
Probably came over from american sports where they have no draws.
League Points per game is the only stat where you can compare one manager with another in any way fairly.

AVB this season 1.69 points per game in the league
Sherwood 1.86 points per game in the league.

And for what is worth by comparison
Moyes 1.68
Martinez 1.92
Wenger 2.03
Mourinho 2.17
Pelligrini 2.20
Rodgers 2.22

Tim: "The game is full of ifs and buts."

Tim: "We created a few half-chances in the second half and if one had gone in, it might have been an edgy finish for them."

We've been reduced to possibly creating an edgy finish for West ****ing Ham...:lol:

Win percentage is always a stupid stat.
Probably came over from american sports where they have no draws.
League Points per game is the only stat where you can compare one manager with another in any way fairly.

Except that it ignores cup matches. Which is incredibly convenient when trying to defend a manager that has a habit of losing cup matches.

I think Timmeh has Lloris to thank that he still has a job in the morning.

Whilst it would seem pointless to sack a manager so late in the season, surely no manager could survive the five or six nil loss today should have been.

@EwanRoberts
For all Sherwood's boasts about his win percentage, he's also got the highest LOSS percentage (37%) of any Spurs boss since Hoddle (43.2%).
Loss percentages (all comps) of last six Tottenham managers: Sherwood 37%, AVB 20%, Redknapp 25.2%, Ramos 31.4%, Jol 30%, Santini 30.7%.

:ross:

I'm laughing because for all the 'stats' thrown around here, for all the 'he can't have looked at the job too hard or he'll see I'm a tough act to follow' this statistic appears to have escaped publishing until now.

Out of interest, anyone wish to put a positive spin on this?

From the Guardian, pre-match:

Tim Sherwood has just come out to speak to the BT cameras. He's got a big ol' brave face on – his smile is all over my screen! Go on Tim!

"What is the most important thing today?"

"The fight. They've got to be up for the fight. If we can stomach the battle, we have better players than West Ham."

He also used 'at the end of the day' three times in under a minute there

So…when it's plainly obvious that the players don't really care for the 'fight' is that because of the manager? Don't answer actually, we all know…can't be his fault though...

:ross:

I'm laughing because for all the 'stats' thrown around here, for all the 'he can't have looked at the job too hard or he'll see I'm a tough act to follow' this statistic appears to have escaped publishing until now.

Out of interest, anyone wish to put a positive spin on this?

If you turn half your draws into wins (and the other half losses of cours) you get more points.

While not settling for a draw is good, I don't think that's what we're doing.

Mike Bassett: "The game is full of ifs and buts."

Mike Bassett: "We created a few half-chances in the second half and if one had gone in, it might have been an edgy finish for them."

Jordy…I corrected your quote mate.

If you turn half your draws into wins (and the other half losses of cours) you get more points.

While not settling for a draw is good, I don't think that's what we're doing.

I give you 7 out of town for sheer 'fight' and 'effort'…you were obviously 'up for the battle' here...

I think Timmeh has Lloris to thank that he still has a job in the morning.

Whilst it would seem pointless to sack a manager so late in the season, surely no manager could survive the five or six nil loss today should have been.

He was always going to survive until the end of the season, ever since 'leakgate' as Levy wasn't about to give him the satisfaction…why give someone what they want? If he'd worked as hard at trying to work out how to win premier league matches with a proper strategy as he has in self-protection via media, we might've limped into 4th somehow.

Watching Soldado and Sandro today was proof-positive that this clown has no clue. Two quality internationals left looking like ****ed off vets. Soldado was lucky to stay on the pitch; I feel sure that when Nolan started gobbing off at him, he saw Sherwood's face, hence the hand-to-throat...

Except that it ignores cup matches. Which is incredibly convenient when trying to defend a manager that has a habit of losing cup matches.

You cant compare cup games statistically. Because they depend on the draw.
I mean look at our last three 2012 fa cup campaigns

Cheltenham Town (away) 0 - 1
Stevenage (away) 0 - 0
Stevenage (home) 3 - 1
Bolton (home) 3 - 1
Chelsea (wembley) 1 - 5
Coventry City (home) 3 - 0
Leeds United (away) 2 - 1
Arsenal (away) 2 - 0

How do you make statistical sense out of that.
2013 was the worse campaign. At least in 2014 we lost to a good side. But look at 2012 and really we lost to the first good team we faced.
The stats wouldnt show any of that.

AVB lost just 16 games in 80 games in charge of Spurs. Tim Sherwood has lost 10 in just 27 games. #StatsTheyDontWantYouToKnow

You cant compare cup games statistically. Because they depend on the draw.
I mean look at our last three 2012 fa cup campaigns

Cheltenham Town (away) 0 - 1
Stevenage (away) 0 - 0
Stevenage (home) 3 - 1
Bolton (home) 3 - 1
Chelsea (wembley) 1 - 5
Coventry City (home) 3 - 0
Leeds United (away) 2 - 1
Arsenal (away) 2 - 0

How do you make statistical sense out of that.
2013 was the worse campaign. At least in 2014 we lost to a good side. But look at 2012 and really we lost to the first good team we faced.
The stats wouldnt show any of that.

You can't compare league matches then either. Look at the gap between the top 7 and the dross this season. Last season the teams below were much better.

With such a variation it doesn't make sense either.

Back