• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I met him on holiday, days before 'Arry got the chop.
He was staying at the same hotel as me; met him at breakfast one morning, he was on hols with his 3 kids, I was with my wife and kid. Strange enough, I clocked him and when I went to do a double take to see if it was him, he caught me and did the "alright mate" with no verbals but a nod.. smile.
Saw him at brekky for the next few days, our timings must have synched up. Always acknowledged me, and to be honest, I like to give "well known" people space, so didn't kiss his ****. About day 4, spoke to him on the Beach, and asked him about Modric.. he said he knew very little.
Apologies for the waffle, but I thought he was very friendly, unassuming, and certainly didn't give it the Big I am.
I saw him chatting to other Joe public, who I assume were more forward in their approach.
His Mrs was pretty fit (surprise...) but she was very pleasant and not diva like.

I know some of his interviews have been a bit questionable, as well as other aspects of the coaching role, and on the balance of it all, would prefer a replacement.
But at face value, he was polite and pretty humble to be honest, I don't hate the guy at all.

Pretty much as I thought he'd be. But some on here define him as a complete you know what, without knowing or ever even meeting the guy....

Yep fair point. Was a good performance

I left that game at half time because we were so poor (and the Sagres was calling me...) - haven't seen the second half but heard from people who stayed it was pretty much the same until we scored out the blue? Doesn't sound like a good performance to me ...

I left that game at half time because we were so poor (and the Sagres was calling me...) - haven't seen the second half but heard from people who stayed it was pretty much the same until we scored out the blue? Doesn't sound like a good performance to me ...

Over 90 minutes it was not a good performance. Felt like we played with the mentality of already having lost the tie. As you say, once we scored we gave it a go.

I think overall it seems very much to have been results>performances during Sherwoods time here, we start poorly in most games and then get ourselves up to shape some time in the second half - this seems a consistant trend.

8Days-300x253.jpg

I actually can't wait until he's gone. Any chance he can take Lennon, Kaboul, Invisibilinho and nogoaldado with him? all will probably get into the Swindon first 11.

I actually can't wait until he's gone. Any chance he can take Lennon, Kaboul, Invisibilinho and nogoaldado with him? all will probably get into the Swindon first 11.

It's just him that needs to go, well .. actually .. maybe he could take Rose

Good results for me under Sherwood:

Spurs 3-0 Stoke
Man Utd 1-2 Spurs
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0-4 Spurs
Tottenham 5-1 Sunderland

Some good other wins,
Southampton home and away (could have easily lost both though, felt a bit of a lottery)
Beating Palace 2-0 (Puncheon missed a pen)
Beating Everton 1-0 (Great result, but from far an assured performance)

Bad?

Arsenal 2-0
Arsenal 1-0
Chelsea 4-0
Emirates Marketing Project 5-1
Liverpool 4-0
Benfica 3-1

These games we were soundly beaten. In fact we looked dreadful. Arsenal 1-0 we were unlucky actually.

Results have been decent on the whole, but also in keeping with the past 2/3 seasons.

I am giving him credit. Still I don't think we look great, I still am appalled at the things he says, and appalled at the way he handles his squad. Am I confident Tim can make us competitive v the top sides next season? Honestly? No. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. He's experimenting. He has some very good players at his disposal. We are winning games occasionally on the back of an inspired moment from an individual.

Bad - add in the 3 losses to wet and fat spam

@EwanRoberts
For all Sherwood's boasts about his win percentage, he's also got the highest LOSS percentage (37%) of any Spurs boss since Hoddle (43.2%).
Loss percentages (all comps) of last six Tottenham managers: Sherwood 37%, AVB 20%, Redknapp 25.2%, Ramos 31.4%, Jol 30%, Santini 30.7%.

@EwanRoberts
For all Sherwood's boasts about his win percentage, he's also got the highest LOSS percentage (37%) of any Spurs boss since Hoddle (43.2%).
Loss percentages (all comps) of last six Tottenham managers: Sherwood 37%, AVB 20%, Redknapp 25.2%, Ramos 31.4%, Jol 30%, Santini 30.7%.

This, I asked for this when people were pulling their hand picked stats out of their ass weeks ago

Today's loss means Sherwood is two points down on last season's results against the same opponents, while AVB ended up one point down in his stint.

That stat can't be right, he's our best manager ever, I know that because he told us. Maybe the decimal point is in the wrong place?

Maybe we should hire BFS, just to stop him beating us :-k

@WhoScored: Sam Allardyce: Has won more matches as a manager vs Tottenham (12) than against any other team; winning each of the last 3 games

@EwanRoberts

Win percentage is always a stupid stat.
Probably came over from american sports where they have no draws.
League Points per game is the only stat where you can compare one manager with another in any way fairly.

Maybe we should hire BFS, just to stop him beating us :-k

@WhoScored: Sam Allardyce: Has won more matches as a manager vs Tottenham (12) than against any other team; winning each of the last 3 games

That makes me want to slit my wrists ...

From the Guardian, pre-match:

Tim Sherwood has just come out to speak to the BT cameras. He's got a big ol' brave face on – his smile is all over my screen! Go on Tim!

"What is the most important thing today?"

"The fight. They've got to be up for the fight. If we can stomach the battle, we have better players than West Ham."

He also used 'at the end of the day' three times in under a minute there

From the Guardian, pre-match:

Tim Sherwood has just come out to speak to the BT cameras. He's got a big ol' brave face on – his smile is all over my screen! Go on Tim!

"What is the most important thing today?"

"The fight. They've got to be up for the fight. If we can stomach the battle, we have better players than West Ham."

He also used 'at the end of the day' three times in under a minute there

Its almost as if he knew they wouldnt be up for it, knowing he has no ability to motivate them at this point in the season with a new man coming in, and was getting his blame in early.

Back