• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

You can't compare league matches then either. Look at the gap between the top 7 and the dross this season. Last season the teams below were much better.

With such a variation it doesn't make sense either.

You're probably right.
But people love stats as proof to back up their bull**** on forums
To me AVB and Sherwood's results are much of a muchness.

And speaking about the top 7 ;)
Sherwood took 6 points in his 6 games against top 7 teams
AVB took 3 points in his 6 games against top 7 teams

I can't get over Sherwood's tactical naivety/ineptness. Sigurdsson and Paulinho, in a 442, away from home, seriously? I'd trust most posters on here to conjure up a better balanced lineup. It weakens us both defensively and offensively, it's just bemusing. I don't think our squad is particularly great but it's certainly not as bad as it's being made to look.

I can't get over Sherwood's tactical naivety/ineptness. Sigurdsson and Paulinho, in a 442, away from home, seriously? I'd trust most posters on here to conjure up a better balanced lineup. It weakens us both defensively and offensively, it's just bemusing. I don't think our squad is particularly great but it's certainly not as bad as it's being made to look.

The selections have been completely baffling since around the time Chadli started rocking up in midfield. Chadli!

You cant compare cup games statistically. Because they depend on the draw.
I mean look at our last three 2012 fa cup campaigns

Cheltenham Town (away) 0 - 1
Stevenage (away) 0 - 0
Stevenage (home) 3 - 1
Bolton (home) 3 - 1
Chelsea (wembley) 1 - 5
Coventry City (home) 3 - 0
Leeds United (away) 2 - 1
Arsenal (away) 2 - 0

How do you make statistical sense out of that.
2013 was the worse campaign. At least in 2014 we lost to a good side. But look at 2012 and really we lost to the first good team we faced.
The stats wouldnt show any of that.

Do you want Tim Sherwood as manager next season? All ANY of this stat-tossing stuff shows is how utterly without-context and untrustworthy it is. I prefer to use my eyes and judge what I see with them. And it's been increasingly clueless, witless and ****e under Sherwood. He has done a fine job convincing people his hands have ben tied due to his job being touted behind his back, but trust me, he knows (and knew) exactly what the deal is (was). I mean, how hard is it to coach your ****ing left-back NOT to keep getting caught out every time he storms aimlessly up the wing?

Ridiculous CM pairing!

Do you want Tim Sherwood as manager next season? All ANY of this stat-tossing stuff shows is how utterly without-context and untrustworthy it is. I prefer to use my eyes and judge what I see with them. And it's been increasingly clueless, witless and ****e under Sherwood. He has done a fine job convincing people his hands have ben tied due to his job being touted behind his back, but trust me, he knows (and knew) exactly what the deal is (was). I mean, how hard is it to coach your ****ing left-back NOT to keep getting caught out every time he storms aimlessly up the wing?

I completely agree with you on Sherwood. At the moment all he's doing is trying to secure a decent job after this a some club by playing to the media in any way he can.
But I have no time for people defending AVB. His results this season were no better than incompetent Sherwood.

I completely agree with you on Sherwood. At the moment all he's doing is trying to secure a decent job after this a some club by playing to the media in any way he can.
But I have no time for people defending AVB. His results this season were no better than incompetent Sherwood.

We've had two pretty shi t managers this season, as evidenced by how we did against the 'top' teams. And also as evidenced by how AVB rolled up his carpet, grabbed his mirror and hair gel and buggered off and how Tim opens his gob and spews enough rubbish to keep an East African landfill satisfied for a decade.

Fair enough mate. I disagree but understand your point of view. I will say that at critical junctures this season, neither showed themselves as being capable of learning simple things which would've helped us.

Fair enough mate. I disagree but understand your point of view. I will say that at critical junctures this season, neither showed themselves as being capable of learning simple things which would've helped us.

Agreed, Steff. And this was another season when the opportunity to do really well was there for us - look again (if you can stand it) at our results against the top four. One point. And with Pool kicking on, Cheat$ki going to spend, Emirates Marketing Project with bottomless pockets, The Goons liable to add and Everton on the ups we have missed yet another crack at getting CL.

You're probably right.

-i-saw-what-you-did-there.jpg

As is shown with the examples listed here his inexperience is shining through really badly.

A 4-4-2 with Lennon, Sig, Paulinho and Eriksen is close to Ossie territory. Yes we've been better when attacking, no wonder when you just pack the midfield with attacking players. No good for us long term.

Anyone hear Sherwood on TalkSport being interviewed by the Moose?

Went along the lines of "there was no lack of passion out there. You've never played the game, you don't know what's it's like"...

Adrian Durham tore strips into Sherwood, saying "oh so all those Spurs fans seeing how poorly the team are playing don't know what their talking about because they've never played the game?? We supported Sherwood on his appointment but that is unbelievable"

Beautiful!

In one fell swoop it has been exposed that:

- Sherwood did indeed get a relatively easy ride from the media (backed him)
- Sherwood shows himself to be easy for the media to get a controversial quote out of (I'm sure the Moose asked the question to purposely lead to TS blowing his top a little, though no doubt not that obviously/easily) and;
- Sherwood shows himself openly to being an ungrateful jumped-up cnut (in the TalkSport/red-top media's eyes).

Levy's "let Sherwood hang himself with his own ego-rope" plan is coming to fruition :lol:

I can't believe you lot have filled nearly 500 pages of drivel on Sherwood and AVB

Clearly neither are good enough to take us to the next level, clearly we will get a new boss in a couple of weeks, so there isn't much left to argue about IMO

I can't believe you lot have filled nearly 500 pages of drivel on Sherwood and AVB

Clearly neither are good enough to take us to the next level, clearly we will get a new boss in a couple of weeks, so there isn't much left to argue about IMO

I was hoping we wouldn't get that far. While there's only one week left of the season, this will probably drag on a bit longer.

As is shown with the examples listed here his inexperience is shining through really badly.

A 4-4-2 with Lennon, Sig, Paulinho and Eriksen is close to Ossie territory. Yes we've been better when attacking, no wonder when you just pack the midfield with attacking players. No good for us long term.

I heard Ossie at a forum here in New York explain that his brief was to play the Spurs way and when he did, he was fired. Sherwood's recent comments have suggested that his instructions were to attack more and score more goals. Neither man seems to have approached the task with the thought that we can be an effective attacking and defensive force. Instead, the position seems to be that by removing any defensive capability in the midfield, they can proclaim that they did what they were told to do. Absolutely crazy. On the plus side, when Francis took over from Ossie and added some defensive discipline, we had championship form for the rest of the year. Oh for such a transformation now!*

* I do recognise that Francis' tenure did not continue in the same vein.

The sooner we lose the tactical pygmy the better, the guy is clueless and I I do not get why people were defending him this week.

We were playing against a team that had already beaten us twice this season and it did not occur to him to have someone in central midfield to protect our porously cumbersome back 4. And playing with a high line, what was he thinking?

What's happening with TS and his UEFA Pro-licence?

Will it affect whether he can get another job in the PL?

You're probably right.

Which had home games and which had away games, who had injured star players missing who had full lineups. Who got out of bed the wrong side, who got out of scarlett Johansson's bed.

Back