• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Makes perfect sense. The club are chasing LVG all because Gutter Boy has been lobbying for him online :)

more corporate boxes

True, but surely "regular fans" must generate some revenue of importance as well. If not, we should just build the entire third tier of the new stadium a "corporate box tier". I'm sure there's a balancing mechanism there, you won't fill up your corporate boxes if you can't fill up your regular seats, or something along those lines. I'm just guessing here. ;)

i don't know the numbers for us but I remember seeing a stat about United a few months back and income from ticket sales was a rounding error compared to sponsorship (might have been on swiss ramble so i'll go and have a look)

i agree that they still need the stadium to look full for the aesthetics

also isn't the immigrants 3rd tier completely corporate?

middle tier or 'Club Level' - think it's a 1.5k minimum cost for a seat

Every business today should monitor social opinion, and they are number of tools that do it (you can actually do it with Excel +plugin, but they are obviously more expansive tools).

While you ignore some level of fan sentiment, if certain activities/persons associated create a trend of negative sentiment, the club will look at it, consider it.

Personally I think people are naïve if they don't believe the general personality dislike of Harry didn't influence Levy, and if TS goes before or at summer, it will be partially influenced by what perceived fan reaction would be.

If that's true, why would we need a new stadium? I think match day tickets/shirts/gear/VIP and all the other hoolabaloo surrounding our home matches generate quite a big sum of money, big enough for us to want to invest billions into a new stadium.

Bigger stadium does indeed = bigger revenue and is one of the reasons for the bigger stadium.

But there are also other opportunities and reasons for wanting a bigger stadium that are money driven.

I don't see any excuse why a manager, let alone Levy or our scouting teams, should not monitor the forums regularly.

It's true that 90% of common football fans are complete ****ing macarons. But...there are some useful nuggets that will come from these boards. A new tactical idea. A suggestion they hadn't thought of. A more articulate explanation of a problem they knew was there but couldn't describe exactly what it was to players and staff. A description of a player your scouting team hasn't reported on yet...

As most football fans are stupid, things have to be taken with a pinch of salt, and it's up to the talents of a manager to determine what he takes as useful info. But I read discussions online about my industry, my sector and my job as it is. What if you had thousands of people every day, debating strategies and ideas for not just the industry in general, but your exact job specifically. Even if you have the best coaching and technical staff in the world, there's bound to be things that one of the thousands on forums will see that the 10-20 people that you have on your staff won't spot. Managers do get things badly wrong that common fans can spot (see AVB approaching Bobby Robson), so why not listen to what they've got to say, even if you don't ultimately end up taking their advice?

I don't see any excuse why a manager, let alone Levy or our scouting teams, should not monitor the forums regularly.

It's true that 90% of common football fans are complete ****ing macarons. But...there are some useful nuggets that will come from these boards. A new tactical idea. A suggestion they hadn't thought of. A more articulate explanation of a problem they knew was there but couldn't describe exactly what it was to players and staff. A description of a player your scouting team hasn't reported on yet...

As most football fans are stupid, things have to be taken with a pinch of salt, and it's up to the talents of a manager to determine what he takes as useful info. But I read discussions online about my industry, my sector and my job as it is. What if you had thousands of people every day, debating strategies and ideas for not just the industry in general, but your exact job specifically. Even if you have the best coaching and technical staff in the world, there's bound to be things that one of the thousands on forums will see that the 10-20 people that you have on your staff won't spot. Managers do get things badly wrong that common fans can spot (see AVB approaching Bobby Robson), so why not listen to what they've got to say, even if you don't ultimately end up taking their advice?

Don't agree on the tactical ideas part of that at all.

The difference being that the discussions you read about your industry are generally with people in the same industry as you. 90% of football fans are not football managers/coaches or anything that would lead you to believe that you could learn anything you don't already know from them.

*awaits Scara to quote this and claim YTS Timmeh could learn plenty he doesn't already know by speaking to a 4 year old let alone reading the comments on here :-"

Don't agree on the tactical ideas part of that at all.

same here, there is nothing a fan on an internet forum is going to see which one of the clubs qualified professionals hasn't

sure there might be a uefa licensed coach as a member on here, which would obviously be different

The difference being that the discussions you read about your industry are generally with people in the same industry as you. 90% of football fans are not football managers/coaches or anything that would lead you to believe that you could learn anything you don't already know from them.

*awaits Scara to quote this and claim YTS Timmeh could learn plenty he doesn't already know by speaking to a 4 year old let alone reading the comments on here :-"

Probably true ...

No, the reason a club would monitor social media is not for ideas, but to get a real gauge of opinion/sentiment and potential effect on the business, i.e. customer satisfaction.

Probably true ...

No, the reason a club would monitor social media is not for ideas, but to get a real gauge of opinion/sentiment and potential effect on the business, i.e. customer satisfaction.

Yep.

The idea that one of our coaches is going to read this forum and come away with some tactical idea considering the level of depth available on this or any forum is pretty fanciful to me. That's not a disparaging remark on the all of our tactical analysis, it's just a bit of fact. Everything we have thought of, they have thought of it and a 1000 other things since then.

If they are monitoring this place, it's to understand the opinions of the fan base to their commercial decisions. I doubt they will be looking here to see if they should give Chadli another season or not, for example.

:ross: You clearly know me too well!

I was going to come up with something about him getting angry and smashing up his computer with a gilet, but your comment will do the job just fine.

I think the club would **** themselves at how some people take them self so seriously. How many people have been poached from here, from their expert opinion :)

The club won't be monitoring this or any forum in any official capacity. I doubt they even check the responses to their official twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc

The club won't be monitoring this or any forum in any official capacity. I doubt they even check the responses to their official twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc

If you think there is any business in the world with a 100M+ turnover and millions of customers who doesn't monitor social media actively, you are very mistaken.

I think more likely they have an external company do it and get a monthly analytical report on key terms and use of positive or negative language, there isn't anyone at 748 sat there reading glory glory, listening to the fighting c and checking twitter

it'll be any much wider general trends regarding the brand that they care about, not that a third of GG posters favour the wonky over a strict 4231

It will obviously be monitored in some way. This place is a fairly minor website in terms of numbers, yet there's more than 200 people reading the forum right now. It gets over 2 million page views in a month - and like I said, this place is at the small end of the scale.

Opinions become viral very quickly when you have those kinds of numbers - more so on places like twitter where the method is more of a broadcast than a discussion.

If any of you ever have reason to complain about a company, do so on their twitter feed and see how quickly your problem gets resolved.

If any of you ever have reason to complain about a company, do so on their twitter feed and see how quickly your problem gets resolved.

Very true. At the very least you'll catch their attention. My bank messed me around a couple of months ago (they took almost a week to transfer money between two accounts. How can it possibly take that long!?) Anyway, I emailed customer service and got a polite form response, exactly as expected. But as soon as I blasted them on twitter I got an immediate apology and a request to call them (direct number, not their usual automated line) to discuss whether there was any way they could make up for the situation.

These days everyone's terrified that some random critical tweet or facebook status will become the next runaway meme and drag their brand through the dirt.

Back