• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think more likely they have an external company do it and get a monthly analytical report on key terms and use of positive or negative language, there isn't anyone at 748 sat there reading glory glory, listening to the fighting c and checking twitter

it'll be any much wider general trends regarding the brand that they care about, not that a third of GG posters favour the wonky over a strict 4231

Monthly analytics in the world of modern social media is way to late .. as per some of the other posters, you get reactions in minutes on things like Twitter/Facebook, but they monitor many other things.

I agree it's more a positive/negative trend analysis of decisions/campaigns/etc. vs. does someone give a **** about the wonky. But again, would be very surprised if someone in the PR department doesn't at least randomly review forums (at least the top 3 or so).

Back to TS....

Does anyone have a theory for why TS stayed in the stands on Sunday?

Could it be that he literally knows who our next manager will be come the summer and perhaps he found out by accident (overhearing a phone conversation in Levy's office; randomly seeing an e-mail; another member of staff telling him he/she saw something that suggest LVG will be unveiled in July) and the shock has left him literally numb?

He has gone to the stands before, but has always popped down when he felt the game was going away from us. Perhaps this could be the reason why he acted so differently to normal (and so distant)?

some good points were made on football weekly extra today about the view from the stands and how that we did (slightly) improve second half maybe was down to things he'd seen and acted on at HT rather than just ra ra antics

some good points were made on football weekly extra today about the view from the stands and how that we did (slightly) improve second half maybe was down to things he'd seen and acted on at HT rather than just ra ra antics

Whenever I could, I would watch the youth sides i coached from higher vantage points and relay my info at HT. In Tim's case, i think he's been told to do it personally.

Whenever I could, I would watch the youth sides i coached from higher vantage points and relay my info at HT. In Tim's case, i think he's been told to do it personally.

Perhaps he could stand on a big ladder in the technical area and get the best of both worlds - a great view and an ability to castigate the players and hurl things in disgust.

The Trunk - joker or prophetic?

[video=youtube;e_qhsbm5e4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_qhsbm5e4s[/video]

Spurs stars have stopped trying

Just outside the Champions League places, we have Tottenham Hotspur. During one of my earlier pieces, I mentioned that the players have had enough of Tim Sherwood, with his constant shouting at them while completely ignoring the fact that his tactics are flawed because playing a high line in modern-day football is suicide.

I’m not sure if you saw the players in the tunnel before the Liverpool game on Sunday but, if you didn’t, it’s worth a look. There is a group of players that know they are going to get beaten because their manager isn’t up to the job and, worse, they are going to take the flak during the fall-out.

That’s a horrible situation to be in. I’ve been there and there is precious little you can do other than to hope that the fans genuinely see what is going on – which isn’t something you ever want to hang your hat on – and that the owners know what they’re doing.

Which, owing to the fact that Sherwood is in there in the first place, isn’t a given.

But whenever this happens, the players always lose heart. We did. It’s almost a collective decision to stop trying.

I know that sounds bad but that really is where “player power” lies these days. Not many groups of players actually go to the owners and tell them that they’re not happy with the manager; the performances say it for them.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...ppening-in-the-premier-league-teamtalk-diary/

Back to TS....

Does anyone have a theory for why TS stayed in the stands on Sunday?

Could it be that he literally knows who our next manager will be come the summer and perhaps he found out by accident (overhearing a phone conversation in Levy's office; randomly seeing an e-mail; another member of staff telling him he/she saw something that suggest LVG will be unveiled in July) and the shock has left him literally numb?

He has gone to the stands before, but has always popped down when he felt the game was going away from us. Perhaps this could be the reason why he acted so differently to normal (and so distant)?

Body language was poor all right. Same from the players when you think about it. It's easy to imagine that they've heard something in advance of that match. It doesn't excuse their performance mind, players nor manager, but it might explain their lack of focus a little.

mostly a fan of TSF but this

"playing a high line in modern-day football is suicide"

is ********

mostly a fan of TSF but this
"playing a high line in modern-day football is suicide"

is ********

It's an incomplete sentence.

"playing a high line WITHOUT HIGH TEMPO PRESSING in modern-day football is suicide"

Dave Kitson is a forward though, so maybe not his area of expertise.

Damn - I thought he might have been sacked when the site was down for an hour earlier.

Don't think Paulinho thinks too much of TS:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/03/paulinho-interview-prove-tottenham-tim-sherwood

Paulinho had heard about "rotation" before he moved to England last summer but he had never experienced it. Now he has, and he does not like it. At all. The Brazil international, who joined Spurs for a then record £17m, wants to play every possible game, every possible minute – and it has not happened this season.

But setbacks of this sort do not faze the 25-year-old, who looks certain to be included in Brazil's World Cup squad despite his lack of playing time at Spurs. He has already had his sliding-door moment, six years ago, when he decided to fight on rather than to quit football altogether. At that time he had already been to Europe once, playing for Vilnius in Lithuania and Lodz in Poland, and did not get a contract with a top-flight club in Brazil when he returned.

Any thoughts of giving up, however, were ended by his wife, Barbara. "She basically told me I would be letting down my family and everybody who had sacrificed something to support my dream of being a professional footballer. She was quite tough on me," he says. "I keep her words and the memories of the difficulties I have had in my career as a way to keep things in perspective when things don't go my way. In the meantime, I have to keep my head down and work hard."

And an improvement is needed, both for Paulinho and Spurs. It has been a tumultuous season at White Hart Lane and this week Tim Sherwood challenged Paulinho to "prove himself" in training in order to cement his place in the starting XI. "I pick players on what they are doing in training, not on reputations and price tags," the Tottenham manager said. "I can't be worrying if the Brazil national manager wants him to play every week. I am going to do what is best for Tottenham, not any national manager."

Paulinho is happy to work hard in training – and that is exactly what he is doing, but he does admit that it hurts not to be playing. "You are told before coming to Europe that big teams here quite often rotate players," he says. "I respect this culture but it is instinctive for me to get annoyed if I don't play every game. I always want to be on the pitch, much as I know it is my first season here and how difficult it is for a South American player to adapt to the demands of the Premier League."

Spurs' woes this season are well known in England but were only recently picked up by the Brazilian press. Headlines in the country spoke of Paulinho being relegated to the bench and although that sounds harsh considering he has been given an average 76 minutes per game for the club this season, the news reached the seleção command, already scarred by the goalkeeper Júlio César's descent into oblivion at Queens Park Rangers. Brazil's technical director, Carlos Alberto Parreira, duly met Paulinho last week to discuss the situation. "We obviously take into account what happens to a player at his club, but the most important is how they have behaved while at national team duty. Paulinho has been instrumental for us and we fully trust him to keep doing his job for Brazil," said Parreira.

Paulinho seems to have been singled out by Sherwood as part of his frustrations with the team's form. A point duly noted by the midfielder, who is clearly not comfortable to talk about the situation, although by no means does he back down from defending himself. "Sherwood is in charge and every manager has a style. It's his call if he wants to publicly criticise the players. It's up to each one of us to have a clean conscience about what they are doing for the team. I am very comfortable in saying that I have been working hard and trying to do what the club signed me for," explains the Brazilian, speaking at a Gatorade event aimed at showcasing the energy drink's collaboration with the seleção. "They have done a lot of tests with us in training sessions and matches, as well as the lab ahead of the World Cup to ensure we last the full 90 minutes."

Tim Sherwood has hit back at Glenn Hoddle's criticism of the Spurs players' body language ahead of last Sunday's defeat to Liverpool.

The Reds ran out easy 4-0 winners to go top of the Premier League.

Former boss Hoddle, passed over by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for the manager's job after Andre Villas Boas's sacking in December, believes the North London club's players were beaten before the match on the basis of their body language in the tunnel.

But Sherwood, whose men face Sunderland on Monday, defended his team.

He said: "It's been a long time since Glenn Hoddle has managed a team and the game has moved on significantly.

"I've been a pundit myself and its easy to be critical when you've got nothing else to talk about."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-tim-sherwood-slams-3365427#ixzz2xvMt4Rrt
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Back