• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Levy didn't deal with the AVB situation soon enough imo, bridges were allowed to burn for far to long, you'd think that having invested so much into AVB we would have tried a bit harder to keep the relationship a positive one.

I'm not sure Sherwood got a new contract. The 18 months was what was left on his old 'loan players to Swindon' role contract. He probably got a temporary pay rise for acting up a few grades, but he possibly didn't get a new substantial contract at all?

I'm not sure Sherwood got a new contract. The 18 months was what was left on his old 'loan players to Swindon' role contract. He probably got a temporary pay rise for acting up a few grades, but he possibly didn't get a new substantial contract at all?

Levy would have put in some kind of get out of jail clause, failure to progress in cups, something around the heavy defeats, some key performance indicators they could use to terminate without too much of a heavy payout.

From the ES:

BkO7Py2IEAAtaWo.jpg

not defending the guy and I want him replaced but whatever he does now is gonna be used as a stick to beat him

when did Fergie or Wenger ever make notes, this in itself is irrelevent

One week: He's jumping around too much!

Next week: He's sitting perfectly still!

Maybe we need Goldilocks as manager.

One week: He's jumping around too much!

Next week: He's sitting perfectly still!

Maybe we need Goldilocks as manager.

He used to sit in the stands when working under Harry and you do get a much better view of the game

He has had issues on the sidelines arguing and getting involved - passion in some books, naivety in others

What would you do? Resort too what you know best or stick with something g that is highlighting your flaws?

He is dammed if he does and dammed if he don't now

Once he is gone hopefully there isn't too Much of a mess left and we can move onwards

A while back (a couple of seasons) I think Rodgers or someone else came in for a bit of stick for constantly scribbling away in their notebook during the second half. Now it's become common place and the above fan thinks all proper managers should have one. I do take issue with Sherwoods attitude up there but then again maybe he is a dead man walking and knows it (yet continues to talk about his transfer strategy???).

What notes should he have been making?

Own goals are not good

Stop giving the ball to the best striker in Europe

When a player is running with the ball, tackle him

Goalkeeper must save shots or else it's a goal

This nonsense about note-taking is a continuation of the myth that the Liverpool loss was about tactics.

I've been saying it since AVB was fired, but if we finish above Man Utd, I still think they'll ditch Moyes. And in that situation, I suspect LvG will jump at the chance to manage at Old Trafford (and I suspect they'd offer it to him too).

People shouldn't be getting their hopes up in my view.

I don't care who we get, I just know that Sherwood should not be anywhere near that first team squad.
I'm quite baffled at how many people there are who are content for him to 'possibly' be given a chance!
I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that this guy has the managerial skills worthy of having a crack at it from the start of next season.
He's a self-serving, opinionated loose cannon who I believe is still in contact with Redknapp who is pulling his strings a little and possibly coaching him in how to speak to the media.
If Sherwood stays on we may well sink into the abyss that is mid table mediocrity again and I will have to do what I never thought I would!

I think with his attitude as it is, he's brought it on himself somewhat. I wasn't keen on him from the start, but was still willing to back him until his constant mouthing off and bravado.

He's been complete polar opposites in his conduct.

He started with his constant temper tantrums, throwing his gilet about, screaming constantly, his petulance towards Sagna, all in the name of passion. Frankly it was embarrassing, I felt the same embarrassment Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans must feel when Pardew get up to his immature shenanigans.

Now he's sitting up in the stands, with a face on, giving off the impression that he's sulking. The 'I can't effect the game' comment was pathetic, and for a man who had recently called out his players for showing no bottle, him passively sitting up in the stands whilst his team is getting dingdonged was woeful. He showed himself to be not only a coward but also a total hypocrite.

If he had managed to behave somewhat professionally, like 99.9% of other managers are capable of doing, then fans wouldn't be so quick to get on his back. Ultimately his conduct throughout has reflected poorly on himself and, more importantly, poorly on THFC.

Own goals are not good

This nonsense about note-taking is a continuation of the myth that the Liverpool loss was about tactics.

Surely you're not going to bang on about individual errors? Surely you must acknowledge that there is a problem and that this has deepened as the season has gone on! Surely you must know how important good management is and that the players respond to good management. The lack of spirit and disaffection is all down to how the players are managed and however you try to gloss over it Mr Sherwood has failed to get the best out of this squad, even AVB was not this bad!

A happy squad with good team spirit do not ship goals like we have and players who, in the past, have played well don't just start making mistakes if they are with their manager. To me it looks like these players are playing with resentment towards a manager they do not and cannot respect!

Own goals are not good

Someone found his notes for the Liverpool game:

BkEX3yDCQAAlqGr.jpg

GB what's the purpose of these continuos attacks on ever thread?

I think most are of the same opinion and that is to bring in someone new in the summer. There's only a few games left before he's gone so why continuously have a go at every little thing he does when the likely hood is that he's gone?

GB what's the purpose of these continuos attacks on ever thread?

I think most are of the same opinion and that is to bring in someone new in the summer. There's only a few games left before he's gone so why continuously have a go at every little thing he does when the likely hood is that he's gone?

Because the club monitors the forum as an indicator of fans' opinions. If the tone started to shift from mockery to sympathy or apathy they might think they could get away with fobbing us off with the cheap inferior option for another year.

Because the club monitors the forum as an indicator of fans' opinions. If the tone started to shift from mockery to sympathy or apathy they might think they could get away with fobbing us off with the cheap inferior option for another year.

Really? Levy and ENIC pay attention to what we think and say on a forum? Wow. If true.

Really? Levy and ENIC pay attention to what we think and say on a forum? Wow. If true.

Daniel: "I don't look at them myself or I'd be on there all day looking at the stuff that's been written about me and the club, a lot of it unfairly may I add, but yes, the club's marketing staff monitor a lot of the unofficial Spurs websites."

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s150/st61168.htm

One of Donna Cullen's usernames one time wasn't very covert. She used to have this weird fetish for Dos Santos as well I remember.

Surely you're not going to bang on about individual errors? Surely you must acknowledge that there is a problem and that this has deepened as the season has gone on! Surely you must know how important good management is and that the players respond to good management. The lack of spirit and disaffection is all down to how the players are managed and however you try to gloss over it Mr Sherwood has failed to get the best out of this squad, even AVB was not this bad!

A happy squad with good team spirit do not ship goals like we have and players who, in the past, have played well don't just start making mistakes if they are with their manager. To me it looks like these players are playing with resentment towards a manager they do not and cannot respect!

Let's put the scattergun away for a moment.

People are pillorying Sherwood for not taking notes; but taking notes cannot possibly have anything to do with team spirit or man management. Unless people are saying he should have been taking notes on the quality of Eriksen's bottle or the slumpiness of Soldado's shoulders, this makes no sense.

Notes can only be about tactics, formations or personnel. So if not taking notes is the criticism, man management cannot be the issue.

Back